Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 03-09-2016, 05:53 PM   #1
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Fabberge 3" downpipes/V-band kit

Thought some might like to see the new V-band kit from Fabberge. It comes with new stainless steel downpipes. They are 3" and transition down to 2.5" where they hook up to the exhaust. The kit also comes with new wastegates for the turbos. They have integrated 3" V-band connections and new wastegate flappers that can open all the way(not only 10-15 degrees that the old ones could open). It seems like a really nice setup and should take care of the boost creep I get. I'll add some more pictures when I do the install.
Attached Images

JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 11:50 AM   #2
JantzenOKC

New wastegate with 3" outlet VS old wastegate with 2.5" outlet.
Attached Images

Old 03-16-2016, 03:42 PM   #3
JantzenOKC

Old vs New
Attached Images

Old 03-17-2016, 11:11 AM   #4
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Why am I suddenly reminded of the "Arms Race" between the USA and the former USSR a few decades ago? (Magnum vs Jantzen?)

And that's some good looking hardware !
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 12:57 PM   #5
JantzenOKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
Why am I suddenly reminded of the "Arms Race" between the USA and the former USSR a few decades ago? (Magnum vs Jantzen?)

And that's some good looking hardware !
I definitely feel like I've been stock piling an arsenal over here.

It is going to be a good race when it finally happens... been like a year and a half in the making.

OKC is where it's at for V6 Camaros!
Old 04-19-2016, 11:58 AM   #6
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
Been looking at FI systems new and used. Tried to contact Fabberge for the third time since getting my car. Can't say they impress me with service. I haven't even bought a system and it takes two weeks to get a price on lines and vbands they use for every system??? Every time it takes several attempts to contact them to get a response. Below is how much they want for the $600 vband set up to upgrade the old. The other cost are to convert a system from manual to auto since the lines are longer. I also got several reasons from them as to why not buy anything but new from them. Salesmanship I get it but don't push it.
Below is what Sam from Fabberge finally emailed me this morning. I thought the v bands where $600. Basically the impression I get they don't want to help to much unless I drop over 9 grand on a new set up. Even then it's hard to get a response and I haven't even bought from them yet.
"Hey Jeff, The downpipe upgrade kit is $973.90 Plus shipping. The automatic package is $320.00 Plus shipping. Let me know!
Sam."

I'm sure if anyone responds the answer will be well the $600 price is the cost to add it to a new system. Great, now how about not repying and just simply acting like your customers don't matter? Or when you do respond half an answer, why not just say you don't want to mess with it and be honest and done. That's not what they decided instead they decided to try and push me off by ignoring and out pricing items. Good job Fabberge it worked.

Jantzen will see you eventually with a new(non-Fabberge) system because I'm now gunning for you. Now with a mission to prove the Fabberge is not all the think they are. I'm sure you will welcome the challenge. Please don't take it personal everybody always wants your trophy when your one of the best and your build is still so impressive.
Old 04-19-2016, 01:50 PM   #7
JantzenOKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajefe View Post
Been looking at FI systems new and used. Tried to contact Fabberge for the third time since getting my car. Can't say they impress me with service. I haven't even bought a system and it takes two weeks to get a price on lines and vbands they use for every system??? Every time it takes several attempts to contact them to get a response. Below is how much they want for the $600 vband set up to upgrade the old. The other cost are to convert a system from manual to auto since the lines are longer. I also got several reasons from them as to why not buy anything but new from them. Salesmanship I get it but don't push it.
Below is what Sam from Fabberge finally emailed me this morning. I thought the v bands where $600. Basically the impression I get they don't want to help to much unless I drop over 9 grand on a new set up. Even then it's hard to get a response and I haven't even bought from them yet.
"Hey Jeff, The downpipe upgrade kit is $973.90 Plus shipping. The automaticthough ge is $320.00 Plus shipping. Let me know!
Sam."

I'm sure if anyone responds the answer will be well the $600 price is the cost to add it to a new system. Great, now how about not repying and just simply acting like your customers don't matter? Or when you do respond half an answer, why not just say you don't want to mess with it and be honest and done. That's not what they decided instead they decided to try and push me off by ignoring and out pricing items. Good job Fabberge it worked.

Jantzen will see you eventually with a new(non-Fabberge) system because I'm now gunning for you. Now with a mission to prove the Fabberge is not all the think they are. I'm sure you will welcome the challenge. Please don't take it personal everybody always wants your trophy when your one of the best and your build is still so impressive.
Well come on then. Youd better pack a lunch though because it'll be a long day for you

Seriously though, those prices are right. They probably have $400-$500 just in parts for the ultimate wastegates and Vband stuff and adapters etc. The wastegates are like $170 each from ATP. And then you have the custom fabricated downpipes, look around at how much nice downpipes are for other cars. I don't think they're out of line with their pricing, sure it's more than you want to pay but it is what it is. You don't have to buy it, the old setup still works great.

If you did all the custom fab work and welding yourself it would still cost you $400-$500.
Old 04-19-2016, 04:01 PM   #8
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
It's just that dropping 10g's in a tt set up for a sixer is getting to be to much for me. I will say since I missed the group buy Fabberge had offered me a deal, and it's not that I think the system is not good. It's just a combination of deciding factors that there is no reason to list.
As far as coming for you please remember the opt word in my statement is eventually. As you well know these builds take time. I do have something in the starting stages working, but as these builds go you will probably have to hold it together until next season at this rate. At least you should have it all dialed in by then. I do think since my car is wrapped going to name it Underwraps and not share whats up with the build if anything. Go old school and if you want to see you must win against me.
Can't wait to see your monster come to life and go for the title of fastest 1/4 mile V6 though.