Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 12-02-2011, 09:07 PM   #141
AFCMSGTRET
TCC SWFL Chapter

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS LS3 Black/IO Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedTrap47 View Post
It looks to be the convertibles can't keep up the pace
Quote:
On the other hand my wifes SRX which we ordered the same day as the camaro showed up today at the dealers, so someone is full of herself tonight
Yep, but I suppose you told her the SRX is nice, but it ain't no camaro 30 years from now that Caddy will be in the boneyard, but the Camaro will be someone's pride and joy!

So, why does it take longer to build a Camaro as compared to the SRX? (did she let you drive it?)

I knew the convertibles were slower than the coupe, but I never imagined they'd miss the train

Jerry
AFCMSGTRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:36 PM   #142
SpeedTrap47

Drives: Camaro 2SS, Cadillac SRX, Silverado
After 30 years of marriage I just smile and wave, smile and wave.

The SRX went 3800 on Nov 7. I led the pace until first week of Nov then got slam dunked been eating crow ever since.
SpeedTrap47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:44 AM   #143
AFCMSGTRET
TCC SWFL Chapter

Quote:
After 30 years of marriage I just smile and wave, smile and wave.

The SRX went 3800 on Nov 7. I led the pace until first week of Nov then got slam dunked been eating crow ever since.
I know exactly what you mean. 32 years here and counting. As a concession to buying this car, I got her support by offering to make it a convertible. If she's REAL NICE to me, she might get a chance to drive it................someday.

I wanted to get the yellow or inferno orange with black stripes and she said those colors were for men half my agr

Jerry
Old 12-03-2011, 07:34 AM   #144
NoSyT
It's a Three Six, Vee Six

Drives: '12 AGM 2LT/RS & '14 Silverado LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFCMSGTRET View Post
Thanks Tyson!!! Great Information.

When are you going to have the stripes put on?

Jerry
I'm waiting on the dealer to schedule it. I'm getting the stripes and ceramic tint at the same time.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:43 AM   #145
AFCMSGTRET
TCC SWFL Chapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty D View Post
I'm waiting on the dealer to schedule it. I'm getting the stripes and ceramic tint at the same time.
I hate to sound stupid, but what is ceramic tint?
Old 12-03-2011, 08:10 AM   #146
AFCMSGTRET
TCC SWFL Chapter

Quote:
I hate to sound stupid, but what is ceramic tint?
Sorry, I should have done an internet search before I asked. Now I know what it is. For comparison purposes, would you mind sharing the specifics of what you're getting such as brand, how much tint, color, what the dealer is charging, etc.

I had planned to have my windows tinted as soon as I got the car, but I had never heard of ceramic tint, thanks for bringing it to my attention

I just read that some people even have the inside of their windshields done. I think I'd hesitate on that and I wonder if that's even legal?

Jerry
Old 12-03-2011, 10:34 AM   #147
SpeedTrap47

Quote:
I know exactly what you mean. 32 years here and counting. As a concession to buying this car, I got her support by offering to make it a convertible. If she's REAL NICE to me, she might get a chance to drive it................someday.

I wanted to get the yellow or inferno orange with black stripes and she said those colors were for men half my agr

Jerry
My three year old granddaughter broke the tie on the color choice "for HER car" (Its IBM) as she claimed it when she saw my brochures. She has her personal pink child seat in my truck so whenever she "needs" to ride with pappy she can ... Now I've got to get one for the Camaro .....

Almost bought the convertible until I started hearing about the problems with the suppliers. Maybe on the next one ....

We had a orange 72 Camaro years ago before the kids came and the wife and I and switched to vans, SUV's and trucks. I test drove the orange Camaro at the dealers but it just didn't compare to the memories of that 72.

Last edited by SpeedTrap47; 12-03-2011 at 11:00 AM.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:02 AM   #148
SpeedTrap47

Quote:
Sorry, I should have done an internet search before I asked. Now I know what it is. For comparison purposes, would you mind sharing the specifics of what you're getting such as brand, how much tint, color, what the dealer is charging, etc.

I had planned to have my windows tinted as soon as I got the car, but I had never heard of ceramic tint, thanks for bringing it to my attention

I just read that some people even have the inside of their windshields done. I think I'd hesitate on that and I wonder if that's even legal?

Jerry
Yes please pass on that info, ceramic tints on my list (thats getting longer) now also
Old 12-03-2011, 11:46 AM   #149
AFCMSGTRET
TCC SWFL Chapter

Quote:
Yes please pass on that info, ceramic tints on my list (thats getting longer) now also
I think one of the better sites I found was http://www.bestcovery.com/best-ceramic-window-tint. If Dirty D shares his experience it will make it easier for us to compare. It appears the cost will be between $400 & $500, but I haven't received any local quotes yet. Another interesting site was http://www.tintlaws.com.

Jerry
Old 12-03-2011, 12:00 PM   #150
AFCMSGTRET
TCC SWFL Chapter

Quote:
My three year old granddaughter broke the tie on the color choice "for HER car" (Its IBM) as she claimed it when she saw my brochures. She has her personal pink child seat in my truck so whenever she "needs" to ride with pappy she can ... Now I've got to get one for the Camaro .....

Almost bought the convertible until I started hearing about the problems with the suppliers. Maybe on the next one ....

We had a orange 72 Camaro years ago before the kids came and the wife and I and switched to vans, SUV's and trucks. I test drove the orange Camaro at the dealers but it just didn't compare to the memories of that 72.
Unfortunately I didn't know about the Camaro5 forum or any roof problems until long after I ordered the car. I know that some people have reported no problems and I've got my fingers crossed that the ones with problems are in the minority. I'm hoping Chevy worked out the problems before mine was made. This forum has given me a lot of information on what to look for and what to do if there is a problem.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:42 PM   #151
panther2469

Drives: 2011 2SS RS SIM Litho # 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78Z2812TBD View Post
No move to 4200 yet for me...sigh...,
Looks like you shipped
Old 12-03-2011, 03:36 PM   #152
NoSyT
It's a Three Six, Vee Six

Drives: '12 AGM 2LT/RS & '14 Silverado LTZ
Quote:

Jerry
Quote:
Quote:
I think one of the better sites I found was http://www.bestcovery.com/best-ceramic-window-tint. If Dirty D shares his experience it will make it easier for us to compare. It appears the cost will be between $400 & $500, but I haven't received any local quotes yet. Another interesting site was http://www.tintlaws.com.

Jerry
I'm going with ceramic tint because living here in Central Texas, it can easily hit 100 in the summer and the interior of a car can hit 130+. I have a few friends that have the ceramic tint and they all recommended it to me. One of them has ceramic tint on his Corvette and he will park it with the rear facing the sun and it's amazing how cool it stays inside his car.

I forgot the brand but I'm going with a standard gray/smoke color at Texas legal tint limits on the sides (25%) and a little darker in the back window. It is more expensive than regular tint (I'm paying $400) but it's worth it in the long run.

As far doing the inside of the windows, I haven't seen or heard of that so that wasn't even a consideration for me.

Once I have her done, I'll have an update and pass it on to you guys.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:35 PM   #153
78Z2812TBD

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS vert
Hey Panther - you are right I think! I got a 4200 notice today. Yesterday the sales guy sent me a note saying he had called and requested a hot ship, and he claims he was told my car is already out of Canada. Hopefully I can get a rail car number on Monday.

Dirty D - I hadn't heard about the ceramic tint. I have a guy in FW lined up to do the tint and clear bra and will check with him about it - protection from the heat is what I am looking for too.

Could be a great Christmas!

Jack
78Z2812TBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:00 PM   #154
SpeedTrap47

Picked up the wifes SRX today ,Dealer said I should have mine by next weekend