Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-15-2008, 12:16 PM   #1
The Great KJ
The Great KJ

Drives: 09 Challenger R/T & 05 Caravan
Send a message via Yahoo to The Great KJ
How many Camaros do you think have been ordered so far?

Sounds like lots of orders in this thread. Just for the hell of it I stopped by our local dealer, which I will not purchase from, just to see if they had the sales book in. No luck! They were willing to take my order but I had to say sorry guys waiting on a possible Z/28

Anyway the real reason for my comment is I would like to know how many Camaros have been ordered thus far. Also by the time of production how amny orders. Do you think this is info GM would share or can be figured out????? Just curious. Thanks

KJ

Last edited by The Great KJ; 10-15-2008 at 02:36 PM.
The Great KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:48 PM   #2
rlg3

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro
My guess is 200 or less, and if thats true I bet GM is disappointed, there was so much interest, but I think most car buyers are unaware that you can order. My guess is they need to get as many on the street and in customers hands and on the sales floor to generate excitement among the general public. Transformers 2 and Auto shows were they can tell the consumer you can order now will help also.
rlg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:53 PM   #3
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlg3 View Post
My guess is 200 or less, and if thats true I bet GM is disappointed, there was so much interest, but I think most car buyers are unaware that you can order. My guess is they need to get as many on the street and in customers hands and on the sales floor to generate excitement among the general public. Transformers 2 and Auto shows were they can tell the consumer you can order now will help also.
its gotta be way more then that. all the dealerships in my area are sold out of initial allotment.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:55 PM   #4
rlg3

Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
its gotta be way more then that. all the dealerships in my area are sold out of initial allotment.
Ok, I heard and seen alot on the site where dealers have allotment left, I'm sure dealers with less than 4 are out. How many do you think Headpunter?
Old 10-15-2008, 12:57 PM   #5
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
atleast a thousand.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:00 PM   #6
rlg3

Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
atleast a thousand.
Wow! the main reason I disagree is dealer ignorance, we have had to educate so many dealers, we have heard stories of dealers saying you cant order yet, or they don't know how, 1000 seems like a lot.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:04 PM   #7
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
Well, I think one dealer in the DFW area had 60 something allotments that have all been spoken for ... that being said .. nationwide I don't see where 1000 would be unreasonable .. probably more .

Crowley
Old 10-15-2008, 01:07 PM   #8
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
well if everyone posted who ordered in the thread, I just counted 95.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:13 PM   #9
rlg3

Being spoken for and ordered are two different things, I think they will sell I just think besides us fanatics that others don't really know, 200 may be low but I think a 1000 is too high
Old 10-15-2008, 01:16 PM   #10
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
I think some other non fanatics know about the car. There is no one on this forum from my area, yet 2 other orders were placed at my dealership.

Im betting 1000
Old 10-15-2008, 01:21 PM   #11
Sizzox
Most Known Unknown

Drives: 08 Vette
Send a message via AIM to Sizzox
Yeah im gonna go high to and say 1000 after I told me dealer all about it and could order he called all the people that had been in there before and asked about it but not like all of us on here that are in love with this car haha. So his allocation is all sold. Im gonna believe alot are sold.
Sizzox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:25 PM   #12
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
I'd be willing to bet a thousand as well. When advertising for the Camaro starts and the public begin seeing the initially ordered Camaros on the road, more and more people will drop by dealerships to buy them.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:55 PM   #13
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
It's not that people aren't ordering for one reason or another. It's because some dealerships STILL have no freaking clue that they CAN begin taking orders!

I called my dealer and they told me right there over the phone that they would not begin taking orders until December. They also told me allocation hadn't been released yet. I asked basically why they have been keeping themselves under a rock. One of THE biggest releases was coming out and no one knew ANYTHING about it. I could NOT believe they had no idea. Yes, I enlightened them and called them back in an hour. They found they were getting 28 and thanked me for letting them know. They also tried getting on the computer to order and could not since there were "too many dealers on the site placing their orders."

I talked to another guy from Benson chevy and this guy was....clueless. He was a nice guy, but had NO idea what was going on. He also said December for orders and when I mentioned that I've been watching online, he said that anything I read online was wrong. I mean...c'mon. How could you go and spread false rumors like that....VERY sad. Needless to say, I corrected him as well. By the time I had to take off, he was asking all sorts of questions. Yeah....just type in a website dude...you'll get some answers.

How can people...better yet, SALESMEN, ....who do THIS for a LIVING....not take the time and CARE about learning their business?!?!?!

Those guys might have lost MANY customers...
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:57 PM   #14
rlg3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
It's not that people aren't ordering for one reason or another. It's because some dealerships STILL have no freaking clue that they CAN begin taking orders!

I called my dealer and they told me right there over the phone that they would not begin taking orders until December. They also told me allocation hadn't been released yet. I asked basically why they have been keeping themselves under a rock. One of THE biggest releases was coming out and no one knew ANYTHING about it. I could NOT believe they had no idea. Yes, I enlightened them and called them back in an hour. They found they were getting 28 and thanked me for letting them know. They also tried getting on the computer to order and could not since there were "too many dealers on the site placing their orders."

I talked to another guy from Benson chevy and this guy was....clueless. He was a nice guy, but had NO idea what was going on. He also said December for orders and when I mentioned that I've been watching online, he said that anything I read online was wrong. I mean...c'mon. How could you go and spread false rumors like that....VERY sad. Needless to say, I corrected him as well. By the time I had to take off, he was asking all sorts of questions. Yeah....just type in a website dude...you'll get some answers.

How can people...better yet, SALESMEN, ....who do THIS for a LIVING....not take the time and CARE about learning their business?!?!?!

Those guys might have lost MANY customers...
This is why I think a 1000 is way to high!!! dealers who don't know what they are doing.