Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-22-2009, 06:52 PM   #85
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Quote:
Originally Posted by renderinfo View Post
Added!
Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:42 AM   #86
Tran
Administrator

Added a new category "Direct Comparisons to Competitors" with the following first direct comparison reviews:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/..._gt/index.html (direct shootout w/ Mustang & Challenger)

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...hotopanel..1.* (direct shootout w/ Mustang & Challenger)
Old 03-23-2009, 08:23 AM   #87
Optimus Prime

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post
Added a new category "Direct Comparisons to Competitors" with the following first direct comparison reviews:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/..._gt/index.html (direct shootout w/ Mustang & Challenger)

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...hotopanel..1.* (direct shootout w/ Mustang & Challenger)
Camaro wins!!!! And I love Edumnds' line... "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!

In all fairness though, I have to admit I'm impressed with the Mustang's numbers. I'm sure that Track Pack helps a lot, but Camaro's definitely got a good fight on its hands. And I love a good fight...

Former garage: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS 6M
2011 Avalanche LT

Last edited by Optimus Prime; 03-23-2009 at 08:34 AM.
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:10 AM   #88
racingray68
racingray

Drives: 1968 camaro ss
Why are gm interiors allways terible? I think that I would fire everyone in that design department or just copy an import interior. when you pay almost 40,000 for a car the interior should make you feel good.
racingray68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:44 AM   #89
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by racingray68 View Post
Why are gm interiors allways terible? I think that I would fire everyone in that design department or just copy an import interior. when you pay almost 40,000 for a car the interior should make you feel good.
You can't have everything. The CTS has a significantly better interior for about the same price as an SS. But it lacks a 400+ hp V8 at that price.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:02 AM   #90
JimLE#1301

Drives: '02 SS LE Vert & '02 B4C
Thumbs up

NICE
JimLE#1301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:09 AM   #91
predatoryangel

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Did any of them compare the SS to the 4th Gen SS? i.e. If the interior view was better/worse/same.. steering, etc. Obviously there's more hp lol..
predatoryangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:17 AM   #92
Tran
Administrator

Added: Autoblog.com -- (Discussion)
Old 03-23-2009, 11:21 AM   #93
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
What a great article comparing the 3 platforms!. Thanks so much for making this thread with all the links!

mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 12:12 PM   #94
PatrickfromMD

Drives: Buick Enclave/Corvette/2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post
What a great article comparing the 3 platforms!. Thanks so much for making this thread with all the links!

mike
dms
DMS and Pedders, I was hoping you or Pete would chime in.
So, do you have any comments regarding the handling comparisons of the new Camaro vs. the Mustang with track pak. I for one was expecting the camaro to be superior to the mustang out of the box, but in some respects the old school mustang was superior to the Camaro. That may be a blessing in disguise for you folks who will be supplying those of us who want a Mustang killer with parts, however I’m curious how this happened in the 1st place. Any insight to what contributed to the Camaro’s less than stellar outcome, and where you think the Camaro will benefit most. These answers would be welcome to those of us wanting to improve the Camaros performance here.

***56K miles and still going strong***
2SS/RS IOM ext w/cyber grey stripes, tinted windows, IO int Auto
ProTorque prototype Converter, Chuck Mosello of Westchester Corvettes Custom Tune
T&T installed SLP Longtubes, Powerflow X Pipe, and Powerflow axle back
JL 10W3 in custom side sub box, new door tweeters, Alpine 5ch 600 watt
T&T configured ACS front Fascia w/ heritage grill, splitter, dual color halos, , led markers, taillight bezels , all accented in CGM
Gary Custom Z vented fenders. Vararam ver 2
PatrickfromMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 12:52 PM   #95
Optimus Prime

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickfromMD View Post
DMS and Pedders, I was hoping you or Pete would chime in.
So, do you have any comments regarding the handling comparisons of the new Camaro vs. the Mustang with track pak. I for one was expecting the camaro to be superior to the mustang out of the box, but in some respects the old school mustang was superior to the Camaro. That may be a blessing in disguise for you folks who will be supplying those of us who want a Mustang killer with parts, however I’m curious how this happened in the 1st place. Any insight to what contributed to the Camaro’s less than stellar outcome, and where you think the Camaro will benefit most. These answers would be welcome to those of us wanting to improve the Camaros performance here.
I was wondering the same thing. I was thinking with the IRS, the years of development, and the advanced Zeta platform that the SS would outperform the Mustang. Although I do recall one of the comparisons mentioning that the Camaro's lateral acceleration numbers were a little less because the extra power it had made it lose it's grip a little prematurely. Maybe wider wheels would help?

Former garage: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS 6M
2011 Avalanche LT
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:40 PM   #96
kanys

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Great to read the D3 muscle comparisons! Happy to see the Camaro on top of course, but also good to see the Stang as a close 2nd.
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 03:11 PM   #97
tvfreakazoid

Drives: 98 saturn manual
Well if you compare to Italians, euro's or Japanese imports they are usually have better quality and nicer interior. I personally think that they need to use better quality int products. But maybe this is there way to keep costs down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by racingray68 View Post

tvfreakazoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 03:24 PM   #98
smokn'

Drives: Banana boat
am i surprised or was i expecting this...hmmm...i wasn't expecting it, i knew it.
smokn' is offline   Reply With Quote