Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-11-2012, 02:36 PM   #225
Jdgresham

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS
Not long ago I pulled into park at a local hardware store and as I was getting out this guy says to me, "aren't you a little old (I'm 60) to be driving a car like that?" I told him I couldn't afford it when I was younger and besides, I may be getting older but no where does it say I have to grow up! I have received more compliments on this car than any car I have ever owned.
Jdgresham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:39 PM   #226
Speed2acer

Drives: 2010 2RS/SS Summit White/Inferno
Send a message via Skype™ to Speed2acer
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

Youth is wasted on the young.
- George Burns
Old 07-11-2012, 02:46 PM   #227
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
The best one I had was when I first got the car and I took my wife to the Ritz-Carlton for her birthday (Super Secret Government Rates) and the valet kids were arguing about who was going to park it, all while there was a guy in a Porsche and a couple of people in BMW's in front of us still waiting to get their cars parked .

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:22 PM   #228
SSpade22

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (Twin Turno 418)
From a Shelby Gt500 driver I just smoked...... "Holy shit son, what the hell you got in that thing..... you just kicked my ass".... he said those exact words, no lie...... FTW
Power-gilde transmision
LSA WCCH Ported Heads 1400hp Axle Shafts DSS
FORE Dual pump FIC 2000cc Injectors
Twin Garrett 53s
SSpade22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:24 PM   #229
chowland

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT RS, IBM
I've had my car for 9 days and so far I've had these comments:

stopped at red light, guy sitting on bench waiting for bus walks up to me and asks what year model it is, says it's beautiful, etc.

stopped at red light, mid 90s Honda Civic in awful condition pulls up next to me with 2 girls in it. Driver says nice car. I replied "thanks, you too"

Passed a Challenger in my apartment complex, who was going in the opposite direction. We were both edging over a speed bump and we complemented each other's cars as we passed. He was probably in his 60s and looked like he was having the time of his life

I also get thumbs up all the time when passing cars on the highway. And I'm sure there have been other moments that I can't remember right now
chowland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:25 PM   #230
mmartian

Drives: 2011 Camaro XM Appearance Package
I would have to say this one.

"I will give you this and everything in it for your car" UPS truck driver
Cobra XRS-9965 Radar Detector
Rider Graphix XM hood spears
Big Worm Vinyl for bowties
Emblem pros XM Badges/Emblems
Airaid Cold Air Intake

NEXT UP: Interior LED conversion/footwell lights
ON DECK: Engine Cover
mmartian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:32 PM   #231
decepticon-vert

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT Convertible
Send a message via Yahoo to decepticon-vert
The good ones are when you see little kids staring at your car while driving in the gas effecient family truckster and they even turn their heads too keep looking and you look at them and smile, and all they do is smile back and wave.. I enjoy seeing little kids get excited when they see a cool car. The weirdest one is an older woman said I like to see how roomy that back seat is topless.. not sure if she meant her or the car lol.. maybe both.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:36 PM   #232
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28

I'm sitting at a stop light and up rolls a Police car Ford Crown VIC. In my town they are black and white. Happens so is my car Black with White Hockey Stripes The cops rolls down the window and says " Now that's the kind of Black and Whites we need!<< LOL >> I smiled and said want to see if you can catch me? He smiled and said "Now that's not fair you got a BIGGER engine then we do. LOL I agreed but said there radio is faster LOL!!!! made my day.
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:14 PM   #233
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Drives: 79 Z28, 86 Camaro, 94 Burb 4x4
I love giving/getting thumbs up from other camaro drivers(or anyone lol). But The best one i ever got was from a guy i was talking to in the parking lot at an auto zone. As everyone can see, my camaro is in pretty rough shape. We were talking about what i wanted to do to it, and how much i love it even though its not nice at all lol. He thought it was pretty cool, since he was a camaro guy also! Anyways, when i left, we shook hands and he said, "Well man, this is probably the nicest, coolest piece of $h1t iv ever seen, good luck on all your work with it." He was obviously kidding, and that made me laugh so hard lol.
Supercamaro64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:09 PM   #234
Caitlin&Caroline

Drives: '11 2SS IOM/IO A6, '06 Outback Ltd
Less than two weeks with Caroline, but I love that every time I take her out people stop and stare.

My favorite interfaces though are when people approach my husband at work (we work at the same place) and tell him his wife has a nice car. I love how they know it couldn't be *his* car.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:15 PM   #235
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
I dropped my friend off that happens to live in the "uppity" part of town (his uncle, with whom he lives, is a doctor) and this guy pulls up beside me at the redlight in a newer model Porsche convertible. I don't know what kinda exactly other than having the red/black/gold shield on the side.

I had my halos on red-ish orange and he saw them when I passed him at a junction. He looks over at me and says "Hey man, Love that thing"

We shared compliments for a few seconds and then parted ways.

How awesome is it that a $25k sports car can get respect from an exotic owner.
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:54 PM   #236
GEEKFREEKSCOTTY
Autoboticus Roboticus

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I get the biggest compliments from kids at car shows who keep thinking my car will ACTUALLY transform into Bumblebee.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:56 PM   #237
tomlink

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Send a message via Skype™ to tomlink
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdgresham View Post
I have received more compliments on this car than any car I have ever owned.
I'm about the same age and can report the same.
tomlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:05 PM   #238
bluebox

Drives: '12 1SS LS3 IBM/SIM
A septa- or octogenarian was standing at a building entrance where I was headed as I drove by slowly, parking a little ways off. When I got to the entrance, he said "My, that's a beautiful car!" Yep, I said, that's because I ordered it that way, and he laughed.

As I walked away, I thought I'll be that guy in 30 years or so, still able to appreciate good lines on a car, if they can still make 'em like this (har-har). Difference is, I'll probably still own mine, as long as I can still drive it.

Now: Invo's on Nurburgs | Ext. Eng. catch can | heritage grille
Next: a few Pedders bits, tighten it up | better sways | drop coils, maybe | CAI, exhaust, JRE tune
Then I'm done, I swear.

bluebox is offline   Reply With Quote