Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Have You Got Into An Accident Since Owning Your Camaro?
Yes 73 27.34%
No 194 72.66%
Voters: 267. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-18-2012, 11:04 AM   #57
Cheveey57

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Yes, but not with the Camaro. You didn't specify so I had to break 'em a little.
Some idiot ran into the back of me while I was in the PT Cruiser. And in the PT's defense, it took a nice hit from a 80's. Bronco and survived without a scratch.
Cheveey57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:26 PM   #58
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
I think there should be a national ban on texting and hand holding a phone while driving.
That would amount to a ban on people with no common sense.
Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:35 PM   #59
RJT Impala
Stovebolt BluFlame 6

Drives: '12 2LT/RS, IBM; '20 Traverse Prem
Knock on wood--haven't had an accident in almost 14 years. And that one was a dumb one: turned left as I pulled forward out of a parking spot at WallyWorld at 5:30 in the morning; center punched a concrete post that was obscured by the A-pillar. Didn't deploy airbags, and still driveable, but over $2000 to repair. Wife still tells me to watch for concrete!
RJT Impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:02 PM   #60
PsychoZL1

Drives: 2015 Challenger SRT
I have not (Knock on wood) and I hope that this thread does not jinx me now!
PsychoZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:29 PM   #61
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by 51733ChristyMM View Post
I paid sticker, it was after they had already discontinued the ABM, 35,000
The important thing your alive to tell us the story.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:54 PM   #62
The Blue Ox

Drives: 2010 SS L99 Inferno Orange
Yep, the wife was following some knucklehead pulling a trailer and a dang cooler blew out of it and tore up the front cowling! Had to pull him over and get his insurance! I've told her before to not follow people pulling trailers or trucks with a lot of stuff in the back of the bed! I think she gets it now! Lols!
Put that pedal down honey,and get around em!!!
The Blue Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:09 PM   #63
zer0ss

Drives: 2012 Camaro V6 LFX
Mine was three weeks old when she was hit, I was stopped at a redlight and the bickering couple behind me decided not to. 3K in repairs and didnt lose a rear light even - he was wreckered off. Still waiting for my deductible...
Sound: Two 12" Kicker Comp Subs in ******** Enclosure
zer0ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:12 PM   #64
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
[QUOTE=Renegade;5705126]
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipinminn
Well I'm on my 3rd Camaro in less then a Year! I guess I don't keep them long enough to have an Accident <<< LOL

i guess if your a Jinx...this is the solution! What were all 3 models you owned?

1st=2010 Synergy Green v6 m6
2nd=2010 SS/RS M6 << Couldn't keep my foot off the GAS :( KACHING!
3rd=2012 2lt A6 Convertible

Number two was going to be the death of me or somebody else. I was twice over 140 and I'm the Idiot who's always LOOKING for the Mustang at the Light. :( So I knew it was time to go back to a V6. For me racing a v6 is like tossing rocks at a F16 < just a waste of time and rocks. <<
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:25 PM   #65
smarbrit

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
Not an accident but my girl has taken a couple of hits. Bought mine in July this year, August it was hit with $9k in hail damage. Repaired but not well, still fighting with body shop over the scratches they left on it. Then 2 weeks ago, while at a theater, some a$$hole ran a knife down the side, got my quote today, $2,500 to repair. Have to fill out a police report before repairs can be done.
smarbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:52 PM   #66
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
[QUOTE=skipinminn;5711120]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipinminn
Well I'm on my 3rd Camaro in less then a Year! I guess I don't keep them long enough to have an Accident <<< LOL

i guess if your a Jinx...this is the solution! What were all 3 models you owned?

1st=2010 Synergy Green v6 m6
2nd=2010 SS/RS M6 << Couldn't keep my foot off the GAS :( KACHING!
3rd=2012 2lt A6 Convertible

Number two was going to be the death of me or somebody else. I was twice over 140 and I'm the Idiot who's always LOOKING for the Mustang at the Light. :( So I knew it was time to go back to a V6. For me racing a v6 is like tossing rocks at a F16 < just a waste of time and rocks. <<
Sounds like you got a need for speed. I hope you take better care of your Camaro and yourself. We need you in one piece not multiple like a jigsaw puzzle

Be careful..don't ever mention the word "rocks" cause you might be drivin and get hit by one sooner or later.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:34 PM   #67
Mersades
Web Geek Chick & NHRA fan

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 RJM
Scared to reply because I don't want to jinx myself!

So far, I was a passenger in all accidents I've been in. I've had many close calls, though, some with my Ion were enough to make the nerves shake. I had a guy in a Subaru try to merge into me on the highway a couple weeks ago... I rarely use my horn but really laid it on for that guy. For the most part, people respect my Camaro MUCH more than the Ion - they pulled out in front of the Ion badly.

( so, so hope I didn't jinx myself... )
Old 10-19-2012, 01:12 PM   #68
51733ChristyMM
Sweet '10 #2476

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue LT/RS Camaro #2476
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blue Ox View Post
Yep, the wife was following some knucklehead pulling a trailer and a dang cooler blew out of it and tore up the front cowling! Had to pull him over and get his insurance! I've told her before to not follow people pulling trailers or trucks with a lot of stuff in the back of the bed! I think she gets it now! Lols!
Put that pedal down honey,and get around em!!!

We just passed a wreck this past Sunday coming back from Cruisin the Coast in Mississippi. A truck hauling furniture like they were moving was on the right side of the road and a mini van sitting on top of a mattress was on the left side of the road. Literally all 4 wheels were off the ground and the mattress was folded in half. The minivan also hit the railing on the overpass so it was pretty messed up. You could see that the truck had the mattress strapped to the top of the cab.
#2476 of 3903
51733ChristyMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:34 PM   #69
NYFoxyLoxy

Drives: SIM Camaro 2010 LT1
Send a message via Yahoo to NYFoxyLoxy
Got mine in July, no accidents, but I haven't had any to begin with in all my years behind the wheel. Never mind accidents, not even a single ticket!
Old 10-19-2012, 04:31 PM   #70
camoman

Drives: 2010 1SS IBM L99
n
No accidents yet, but two knights ago a fender fell off a trailer right in front of me and hit my front bumper
Attached Images

camoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jewel whore thread