Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-22-2013, 07:33 AM   #1
DJ-Silver 2SS
Ah DJ-IOM ZL1 haha

Drives: 13 IOM ZL1 M6 & 10 SIM 2SS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-Silver 2SS
Angry Was about to lay a guy out......

So I know that many of us deal with this on a regular basis. We all love our cars and believe they are special. We treat our cars like members of our family and take care of them. I know others have posted about parking lots, but I wanted to give a story.....

So about a month ago, I dropped a buddy of mine at the Atlanta airport and decided since I was in Atlanta with my ZL1, I'd stop by and see the guys at Vengeance Racing. (Kevin and the guys there have an awesome shop and they are awesome people, just my little plug). By the time I finished up there, I was a bit hungry and wanted to eat before my trip back to Augusta. I stopped at a local fast food store, then conducted my normal scan of the area to find a parking spot not to far away, but far enough and empty enough to keep my car from stupid people. I found a spot with 5 spaces on either side, so I parked.....

I didn't walk but about 20 feet from my car and I watch this "guy" pull up in his old and busted mid 90s ranger.... Of all the choices he had to park, he decided to park right next to my ZL1. It wouldn't have bothered me too much as he pulled in the the drivers side away from my car..... But..... He didn't just pull into the parking spot, he parked half in one spot and half in the spot with my car!!!!!! AND I WATCHED HIM DO IT!!!!!

So before I got too pissed, I calmly turned around and walked back to the vehicles. Amazingly I was fairly calm, and asked him why he had to park right in top on my car in my parking space. His first words to me "don't give me attitude.." Ok that set me off. Ok so I am a 35 year old man that looks like I'm in my twenties, he was a man probably in his forties, and I kind of get he thought I was just another young punk, but that shouldn't matter. None the less, me and my military thinking stepped up and confronted his stupidity. I then asked him why he felt the need to park on top of my car when there are many other closer spaces to the restaurant. He then said don't give him attitude. Grrrrrr. I simply stated to him that if he doesn't get his piece of $@&! out of the space my $60k car is currently in, we were going to have major problems.

Finally he was like "fine, I'll move it". My last statement to him was pay attention to what's around you. Some people actually care about there property, as I proceeded in to chicken and fries......
2013 IOM ZL1 #002415 Born 09/13/12
2010 SIM 2SS/RS #005549 Born 05/02/09
DJ-Silver 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:01 AM   #2
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
You're like Chuck Norris! This story gave Me the chills...
Old 10-22-2013, 08:10 AM   #3
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Insulting what he was driving and making the statement that your ride was worth $60k was pointless and unnecessary. Had I been him, I'd have knocked your arrogant teeth in. Notwithstanding, I wouldn't have parked near you in the first place, in this scenario. You have to consider, though, that if an idiot does something like that, he's looking for trouble in the first place. You don't know if that trouble comes attached with a baseball bat, billy club, or worse yet, a gun or a knife.

Just be careful, my friend. I'd be pissed too, but I would have just moved my car to a different spot and moved on with my day. Don't engage those a-holes.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:30 AM   #4
DJ-Silver 2SS
Ah DJ-IOM ZL1 haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by strych9 View Post
Insulting what he was driving and making the statement that your ride was worth $60k was pointless and unnecessary. Had I been him, I'd have knocked your arrogant teeth in. Notwithstanding, I wouldn't have parked near you in the first place, in this scenario. You have to consider, though, that if an idiot does something like that, he's looking for trouble in the first place. You don't know if that trouble comes attached with a baseball bat, billy club, or worse yet, a gun or a knife.

Just be careful, my friend. I'd be pissed too, but I would have just moved my car to a different spot and moved on with my day. Don't engage those a-holes.
Agreed, but at the same time, most of the time they don't know what they are stirring up either.... They might (would from me) be faced with the same thing!!!!
Old 10-22-2013, 08:32 AM   #5
DJ-Silver 2SS
Ah DJ-IOM ZL1 haha

And by the way, I was being nice, to start. All I asked is why he parked on top of my car. It wasn't until after he starting mouthing off did I go off on him.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:44 AM   #6
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Crime scene tape and a few cones in the trunk. If he still had parked up close to the "Crime Scene" ya coulda told him some jerk parked up just like you did, right up next to that guys ride, so the next thing ya know the guy opens his trunk and beat to death the jerk for parking all up in his business just like you did. Must be your lucky day, that could of been you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:57 AM   #7
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
It wouldn't have bothered me too much as he pulled in the the drivers side away from my car..... ..... But..... He didn't just pull into the parking spot, he parked half in one spot and half in the spot with my car!!!!!!

Were you taking 2 spots? how could he pull half in your spot if you were centered. as like the prior poster, I would have just moved, no need for a confrontation, you just never know who you are dealing with, and I would prefer not to be explaining anything in front of a judge....
Old 10-22-2013, 09:01 AM   #8
yellow69z28rs

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Convertible Black
Send a message via AIM to yellow69z28rs
Cool

When you asked "why he's in your space", what kind of response did you anticipate from someone stupid enough to park in your space?
I'm hoping at that point you had already made the decision to "lay the guy out".
In this situation one should just move on because there aint gonna be no talking.
Same exact thing happened to me the other day, there was no talking....

I know you just wanted to vent....me too

Rag Top Rob

Last edited by yellow69z28rs; 10-22-2013 at 09:09 AM. Reason: grammer
yellow69z28rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:14 AM   #9
DJ-Silver 2SS
Ah DJ-IOM ZL1 haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow69z28rs View Post
When you asked "why he's in your space", what kind of response did you anticipate from someone stupid enough to park in your space?
I'm hoping at that point you had already made the decision to "lay the guy out".
In this situation one should just move on because there aint gonna be no talking.
Same exact thing happened to me the other day, there was no talking....

I know you just wanted to vent....me too
Exactly. More of a vent than anything else. If I wanted to hurt him I could have, but chose not too. I can tell you this is one of those times that just rolling over and moving my car would not have been settling for me. He was wrong and needed to be informed of his wrong doing. I wasn't aggravated at him until he started to talk. I just wanted him to be aware of his stupidity and his need to fix his mistake. Me moving wouldn't fix his mistake. Wouldn't have matter, because I couldn't even get to my driver side door!! I would have had to climb through my car because of how close he parked.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:20 AM   #10
RocketCutlass
Property USMC

Drives: 95 Caprice 9C1
Lol @ military thinking.
RocketCutlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:36 AM   #11
G Money

Drives: 2013 ZL1, 2016 Denali HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-Silver 2SS View Post
So I know that many of us deal with this on a regular basis. We all love our cars and believe they are special. We treat our cars like members of our family and take care of them. I know others have posted about parking lots, but I wanted to give a story.....

So about a month ago, I dropped a buddy of mine at the Atlanta airport and decided since I was in Atlanta with my ZL1, I'd stop by and see the guys at Vengeance Racing. (Kevin and the guys there have an awesome shop and they are awesome people, just my little plug). By the time I finished up there, I was a bit hungry and wanted to eat before my trip back to Augusta. I stopped at a local fast food store, then conducted my normal scan of the area to find a parking spot not to far away, but far enough and empty enough to keep my car from stupid people. I found a spot with 5 spaces on either side, so I parked.....

I didn't walk but about 20 feet from my car and I watch this "guy" pull up in his old and busted mid 90s ranger.... Of all the choices he had to park, he decided to park right next to my ZL1. It wouldn't have bothered me too much as he pulled in the the drivers side away from my car..... But..... He didn't just pull into the parking spot, he parked half in one spot and half in the spot with my car!!!!!! AND I WATCHED HIM DO IT!!!!!

So before I got too pissed, I calmly turned around and walked back to the vehicles. Amazingly I was fairly calm, and asked him why he had to park right in top on my car in my parking space. His first words to me "don't give me attitude.." Ok that set me off. Ok so I am a 35 year old man that looks like I'm in my twenties, he was a man probably in his forties, and I kind of get he thought I was just another young punk, but that shouldn't matter. None the less, me and my military thinking stepped up and confronted his stupidity. I then asked him why he felt the need to park on top of my car when there are many other closer spaces to the restaurant. He then said don't give him attitude. Grrrrrr. I simply stated to him that if he doesn't get his piece of $@&! out of the space my $60k car is currently in, we were going to have major problems.

Finally he was like "fine, I'll move it". My last statement to him was pay attention to what's around you. Some people actually care about there property, as I proceeded in to chicken and fries......
There sure are a bunch of idiots in the world.. Almost same thing to me the first month i puchased my car.... Are you having any work done at Vengeance they are a great shop. Just got mine back last month. They did there stage V to mine and ended up with 738 rwhp what a beast and what a great group of guys over there... I highly recommend them.
G Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:54 AM   #12
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Drives: '23 Charger GT, '23 Stingray
Quote:
Some people actually care about there property....
It should be "their", not "there".
Hulkamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:15 AM   #13
Dyk-NO
Trust me I'm a Scientist.

Drives: My wifey ;P
I too having a violent mind set when situations like this happens, I would just call him out about his bad parking or better yet don't start shit coz hey no harm done is no harm done.

Mods: RotoFab CAI, SW Headers, HiFlo Cats, Borla Atak Catback, Nightfury Cam, Ported Heads,Intake,TB, melling pump, Morosso Oil Separator.
Dyk-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:23 AM   #14
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Hate that shit. Leave twenty spots around you and they have to park right next to you let alone getting in your spot. A LOT of ignorant assholes out there, sounds like you ran into one of their leaders.