Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

View Poll Results: Are you starting to lose interest in the new Camaro?
Yes, not sure how much I even care anymore about this car. 13 7.93%
Still interested, but, yeah, I am a bit less enthusiastic than I was 73 44.51%
No, my interest level is the same as it was a few months ago 41 25.00%
I've actually become a little more interested lately 17 10.37%
Are you kidding? I'm way more jazzed now than I've ever been!! 20 12.20%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-05-2015, 12:34 PM   #99
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
I'm not sure at this point what reason they have of keeping everything about the car a secret.

Unless Dodge is (or GM thinks they are) in a particular stage of development on a new challenger that gives GM reason to believe secrets will help them.

Or if they see other cars as direct competition and want to keep them from taking advantage of Camaro specs.

Anyway, I can't they just give us some official info on what engine is going in...maybe some interior stuff...idk.

kinda bored at this point. I hope they blow our minds.
Didn't the Challenger just go through a major refresh? Small changes to the exterior but from what I heard major changes to everything else.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 12:49 PM   #100
Cam#7

Drives: 2011 2LT IBM / SIM stripe 6M
Quote:
I'm not sure at this point what reason they have of keeping everything about the car a secret.

Unless Dodge is (or GM thinks they are) in a particular stage of development on a new challenger that gives GM reason to believe secrets will help them.

Or if they see other cars as direct competition and want to keep them from taking advantage of Camaro specs.

Anyway, I can't they just give us some official info on what engine is going in...maybe some interior stuff...idk.

kinda bored at this point. I hope they blow our minds.
Have any dealers said when they'll stop taking 2015 orders? That should give us some gauge what they have up their sleeve.
Cam#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 12:58 PM   #101
lgKido

Drives: 2002 Dodge Ram :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Everyone who has never had a HUD in their actual day to day car says the same thing.

Everyone one has kept a car with HUD for some time swears they will never go without again.

Some would argue A/C, airbags, and a radio are useless items for a car. Many won't have a car without them.
No disrespect intended, but you've made some rather bold claims. How do you know all this?
lgKido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 01:44 PM   #102
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Didn't the Challenger just go through a major refresh? Small changes to the exterior but from what I heard major changes to everything else.
I don't pay much attention to the dodge line, but for sure the hellcat is a new variant, and yes maybe 2015 is a refresh, but I think it is still the same platform, body etc.

The current Challenger generation came out in 2008...right? so i think they should be coming out with 4th gen soon???
DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 01:50 PM   #103
DenverTaco07

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgKido View Post
No disrespect intended, but you've made some rather bold claims. How do you know all this?
I think HUD is awesome.

many performance and lux lines have it, so I think they have it for a reason. It's not like were talking automatic seat belts here.
Old 02-05-2015, 01:54 PM   #104
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Automatic seat belts would be awesome!!

Cosmetic: ZL1 front w/mailslot, painted stripes, powdercoated SS rims, tow hook, and full chrome delete

Suspension: Pfadt subframe bushings, Pfadt rear UCA bushings, Z28 Upper control arms, Spohn trailing arms with BMR trailing arm & differential bushings, ZL1 Toe Rods and springs, Prothane radius arm inserts & steering rack bushing, Pfadt Sport front sway, FE4 conversion w/ DS rear sway, Pfadt strut brace

Drivetrain: RMCR tune, CAI intake, Kooks headers, hi-flo cats & exhaust, VMAX TB, ZL1 fuel pump, LSR Tri-Ax shifter

Bumblebee Racecar Build
Dexman1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 01:58 PM   #105
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexman1349 View Post
Automatic seat belts would be awesome!!
Those were already a thing. They weren't awesome. They quite annoying frankly.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 02:41 PM   #106
DenverTaco07

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3130 View Post
Those were already a thing. They weren't awesome. They quite annoying frankly.
I think they are ripe for a comeback!!!

Come on GM...i hope this is your mind blowing option for the new Camaro...Automatic SeatBelts....YES!!!

ok, seriously, I remember by Great Aunt's 1980 something Corolla that had them...they sucked.
Old 02-05-2015, 03:55 PM   #107
SuperSound

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgKido View Post
No disrespect taken,

As someone who leases a car currently which has a HUD, also it was one of the most argued about options in the BMW forums (next to bi-xenons...really who buys a BMW without them?). No one who had it had anything bad to say about. A lot of the guys who didn't get it tried to explain why it was a gimmick or pointless...in the end all who bad mouthed it admitted they hadn't spent any time with a HUD beyond a short 10 min test drive. When I test drove my 328i, I hardly looked at the HUD and almost made the same mistake.

As for A/C, take a look at the Z/28. A/C is optional, something you see a lot on cars designed mainly for the track. Clearly those guys who buy cars like that don't complain or A/C would not be optional. Same goes for a radio. Air bags may be a bit extreme but again think of cars like the Ariel Atom...no air bags. Clearly someone thinks they aren't worth it, but others wouldn't buy a car without them.

Old 02-06-2015, 01:18 PM   #108
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMOWNER2 View Post
I have personally owned a Pontiac GXP with HUD and within a couple of years the damn thing kept going out, not to mention the front windshields are more expensive to replace. They are a Gimmick.
Disagree. The HUD is very useful for me on track, showing shift lights and I can monitor IAT2 temps, oil temps, trans temps, etc, all very useful things for me. Granted most of the features are a "gimmick" but it is very useful too (to the right people).
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 01:41 PM   #109
MikeT

Drives: 2008 Malibu V6
Quote:
I think they are ripe for a comeback!!!

Come on GM...i hope this is your mind blowing option for the new Camaro...Automatic SeatBelts....YES!!!

ok, seriously, I remember by Great Aunt's 1980 something Corolla that had them...they sucked.
Had 'em in my '91 Saturn SC. They would have been kind of cool... IF the lap belt had been automatic too. The fact that you had to reach down and fish around for the manual lap belt pretty defeated any sort of 'convenience' factor of automatic shoulder belts.

IIRC, in that late '80s-early '90s period, the feds basically tolds the automakers that they had to do some sort of 'passive' safety system... (1) airbags OR (2) automatic belts... OR (3) the really cheapo option that they had in cars like the early Berettas which were seat belts that attached to the door rather than the b-pillar. The idea was that you were supposed to leave the seat belt buckled at all times, and when you open the door to get out you'd be released from the seat belt. Not sure many folks ever really followed that protocol. Instead they were stuck with a seat belt system that really got in the way of peripheral vision.
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 02:41 PM   #110
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Seems like some posts got deleted.
Old 02-06-2015, 04:11 PM   #111
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
I love my HUD display and I also use it to display info from the car thru my dash logic plugin, I just wish that my version was a color display like the '14 and newer cars.
Old 02-06-2015, 05:00 PM   #112
SuperSound

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Seems like some posts got deleted.
They did. Think the mod banned the troll and removed some of the banter back and forth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMOWNER2 View Post
I have personally owned a Pontiac GXP with HUD and within a couple of years the damn thing kept going out, not to mention the front windshields are more expensive to replace. They are a Gimmick.
I don't hear a reason it's a gimmick. Sounds more like a reliability problem soured your opinion of it. Also are you planning on replacing windshields often? Otherwise replacement cost never becomes an issue. Now I did hear someone on the BMW forums mention he lived in an area where salt trucks cause frequent windshield repairs (can't remember the details). That would be a legitimate concern, but has nothing to do with the HUD being a gimmick.

For me, the navigation on the windshield has been a major help when I actually needed navigation (ex. seeing which lane I need to be in for a merge or turn well before getting there). Also I never look at my speedometer in the dash now. I've found I'm much more aware of my speed than using a gauge simply because it's easier to read the HUD with my peripheral vision. Now add in I can flip through my iPod playlist and contacts list the same way. I honestly don't want to trade any of that away now.

Now 4K is a marketing gimmick, but that's a whole other story.