Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-05-2015, 08:48 PM   #183
Adrian97c

Drives: Wife's 14' IS 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuJass View Post
This is what I was afraid of.

I was thinking of ordering a '15 1LE this spring but I really wanted to see the 6th gen.

But with the ordering cut-off date set sometime in May, it seems I won't have the chance to see the new car before ordering.

If it isn't revealed before the 5th gen ordering cut-off date, I'll be ordering a 5th gen. Just can't risk not ordering a 5th gen and then not liking the 6th gen.

From what we've seen of the 6th gen so far, I can say I'm not a fan, but I wanted to see an uncamo'ed car.

I kinda understand where GM is coming from though. They're trying to manage inventory, incentives, and residual values.

If they reveal the car too soon, 5th gen sales will tank, and they'll be left with a glut of cars that they'll have to put steep incentives on to get rid of, which will kill residual values of the vehicles already purchased.

I bet GM doesn't even know when they'll reveal it. They're probably monitoring 5th gen inventory and build schedules very closely. When the inventory is low enough, then they'll reveal it.

Sucks for guys like me who are on the fence, but I suppose I'll have to pull the trigger on a 5th gen because I can't risk not liking the 6th gen.

I will say this (listen up GM): if I buy a 5th gen, I will NOT be buying a 6th gen. I'm not the kind of person that will trade up after 2 or 3 years to get the newer model. That's a COLOSSAL waste of money. I probably wouldn't trade up at all. This is a one shot deal.

I faced this exactly 1 year ago, when I said F this, I'm not waiting! Love my 14' SS! It looks more manly than a 6 gen.... I prefer old school

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
2014 Camaro SW L99, 2SS, RS, NAV, Inferno Orange Interior:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
-License plate LED bulb swap
-12" Sub Kit, BA amp swap
-Oracle ghosted LED sidemarkers
Adrian97c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 09:24 PM   #184
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Very wise and correct, Number 3!

Hope all is well with you and Miss Lisa!
Doing very well my friend. Hope you are as well.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:40 PM   #185
fradaj

Drives: RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneredry View Post
Look at the fenders and how raised they are vurses the inset hood then take a look at the 5th gen.
I know pictures don't do justice so I'm still holding back.

I noticed that too. The 69 Camaro had raised fenders similar to this.
Attached Images

fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 04:04 AM   #186
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian97c View Post
I faced this exactly 1 year ago, when I said F this, I'm not waiting! Love my 14' SS! It looks more manly than a 6 gen.... I prefer old school

You saw a 6 Gen? Where?
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 05:20 AM   #187
Adrian97c

Drives: Wife's 14' IS 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
You saw a 6 Gen? Where?

I read about the "plans for it" lol

Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
2014 Camaro SW L99, 2SS, RS, NAV, Inferno Orange Interior:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
-License plate LED bulb swap
-12" Sub Kit, BA amp swap
-Oracle ghosted LED sidemarkers
Adrian97c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 08:48 AM   #188
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Does anyone else think that the Onstar/XM antenna/Fin looks huge?
Old 03-06-2015, 04:00 PM   #189
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
A muscle car by definition is the lightest small car with the biggest possible engine. Not a 4000lb gran touring car which is what the 5th gen was closer too and the challenger truly is. Sounds like we are getting closer to the real idea behind the Camaro.
Hi. A little clarification.

A muscle car by the classic definition was originally the largest engine available into an intermediate car.

I was in that hobby very deeply from '89 to '06 and never once did I ever hear or read anybody say that a muscle car was the "lightest small car" with ANYthing under the hood, in Hemming's motor news, the club meets, cars shows I entered, any of the specialty magazines like 'Classic Auto Restorer' I subscribed to, anything.

The term "intermediate", like "Saloon" is pretty much a lost term these days. It was the term used for "mid-size" back in the day.

Many, and I mean many original muscle cars in 1970 weighed over 3900 pounds, especially in convertible form.
Old 03-06-2015, 04:15 PM   #190
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
Hi. A little clarification.

A muscle car by the classic definition was originally the largest engine available into an intermediate car.

I was in that hobby very deeply from '89 to '06 and never once did I ever hear or read anybody say that a muscle car was the "lightest small car" with ANYthing under the hood, in Hemming's motor news, the club meets, cars shows I entered, any of the specialty magazines like 'Classic Auto Restorer' I subscribed to, anything.

The term "intermediate", like "Saloon" is pretty much a lost term these days. It was the term used for "mid-size" back in the day.

Many, and I mean many original muscle cars in 1970 weighed over 3900 pounds, especially[/U] in convertible form.
Well if I remember correctly there were some "compact" cars that were also considered muscle cars in that era. Like the Nova SS with a 396. Or the Demons and Dusters with the 340. Also some full sized cars like the SS427 Impala, or even earlier 409 Impalas, Biscaynes and Bel-airs, the Chrysler 300 series with the HEMI(actually considered by some as the first muscle cars), Ford Galaxie with the 427, 428 and 429, the Pontiac Catalina super duty with the 421. Muscle car has many actual definitions.
Old 03-06-2015, 04:19 PM   #191
Jontall

Drives: GTO
I'm going to need to see it in real life... These pictures are driving me crazy.
Jontall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 04:19 PM   #192
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
This was the first true muscle car:

It was not flashy or even by a stretch the best looking car at the time, but it sold like crazy and started the era.

So while I agree that of course we don't want some ugly performance monstrosity (i.e. Nissan Juke GTR, really what were they thinking), people are making way to much a deal about the looks being a deciding factor.

You're gonna hate this. But.

Ford really had muscle cars in the 1950s. The '64 GTO started the craze and it started the practice of slyly making the cars available at GM by exploiting a loophole regarding a Corporate Ban on certain engines in intermediate cars.

But there's a really strong argument for Ford starting the muscle car era. In 1957, you could waltz into a Ford dealer and order a muslce car- The Fairlane could be had with factory dual quads. Or with a factory installed supercharger. This is the fossil record for the breed in many ways.

That wasn't enough for Ford. In 1962, you could get a Ford 406 in a Galaxie 500XL.

Then in 1963, enter the Ford 427 powered Galaxie fastback Coupe.

This led to the mighty 1964 Ford Thunderbolt Fairlane 427, which you could, if you were slightly masochistic, drive on the street. This was in fact a race car let loose on Mainstreet USA. A Thunderbolt turned an 11.6 et in '64 at the NHRA Winternationals.
Old 03-06-2015, 04:49 PM   #193
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Muscle cars were an extension of the "hot rod" philosophy, which was biggest engine in the smallest car you could get it in. That's what I was trying to refer to poorly. And actually all can be traced to '49 Olds Rocket 88 is considering the very first muscle car, but the GTO is what got everyone else making them.

All of this is really mute as someone said, the Camaro is supposed to be a pony car which are light and sporty. Those lines became blurred quickly when hipo 396s and 427s started showing up in them. The HEMI Dart and Ford Thunderbolt are also prime examples of the philosophy, but were never meant for the street either.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 08:25 PM   #194
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
the GTO was the first of what people called muscle cars, but really the same could be said of the Oldsmobile Rocket 88 or the Impala 409. or even the 283 Bel Air fuel injected model
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 08:49 PM   #195
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
Same thing with the 2014 taillights. When they saw photo's, most everyone hated them. After they saw them in person?......
When I saw them in person, I thought it was a Toyota in front of me.

To each their own, but I didn't and still don't care for the 2014's changes, which feel like they were just for the sake of change. They seem bastardized to me. No offense to owners.

Looking forward to the 2016 model, though. Looks better IMO in terms of fascia design. Unlike the 2014, there's probably some actual engineering reasons for the redesign granted it's a new generation, but that's stating the obvious.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 08:04 PM   #196
spratleyea
Graphic artist

Drives: 2010 wht w/silver ralley stripes
Better look at official Camaro silhouette pics in Malibu release teaser

I can't wait anymore for the 2016 Camaro, so I finished modifying my 2SS now that the snow and ice have melted. I haven't driven the car in 5 weeks. The mods were simple, I added the new "1L99" emblems and the black rims w/red lines, that's it.
Attached Images

spratleyea is offline   Reply With Quote