Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-19-2017, 08:40 AM   #43
suzook

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCF View Post
Well, after a few days of driving the car after the "fix", there is VERY LITTLE IMPROVEMENT! Gee thanks GM...

Windshield fogging was just as bad this morning as it was prior to the "fix".

If I were thinking about having this done, I'd wait to see what a couple of the other guys that are having his done think afterwards.
LMFAO. Gm sucks. I'm so done with them. How long till they are bankrupt again?
Old 07-19-2017, 11:23 AM   #44
_MerF_

Drives: 2017 1LT A8 (SIM)
That is a pretty narrow and absolutist view on a problem, but if that is how you get thru life, power to ya.

2017 1LT (A8): 30% tint - Tinted taillights - Blackened bowties - Muffler delete
_MerF_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 11:37 AM   #45
Gutling

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro 2.0 LT
My '17 has this problem. Like two kidneys at the base of the middle of the windshield. Its pretty humid where I am, and it happens almost every night when I get off work. Wipers only way to get rid of it.

Im sad to see the gm fix did not work for one person, I am hoping more people will go in and get some more results. I will wait until its more of a guaranteed fix.
Gutling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 12:38 PM   #46
suzook

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MerF_ View Post
That is a pretty narrow and absolutist view on a problem, but if that is how you get thru life, power to ya.
A problem??? Gee....bad rear, bad paint, trunk misaligned, loose dashboard, oil cooler line defective....so yeah...I get through life not getting Fcked.
Old 07-20-2017, 07:26 AM   #47
_MerF_

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
A problem??? Gee....bad rear, bad paint, trunk misaligned, loose dashboard, oil cooler line defective....so yeah...I get through life not getting Fcked.
Sounds like you have a lemon, and while all of that is certainly annoying, it is covered by warantee. Other than the oil cooler line sounds pretty cosmetic. Anyway, I was not aware of all your other issues, I thought you were reacting to the fact that two small pieces of foam were causing condensation. Sorry!

2017 1LT (A8): 30% tint - Tinted taillights - Blackened bowties - Muffler delete
Old 07-20-2017, 09:52 AM   #48
Dator

Drives: 2017 1SS HBM
This happens to me almost daily in South Jersey / Philly area right now during the summer. I just pray for low humidity days.

Id say the worst is when its raining and hot out. I have to use my wipers about every 20-30 seconds or my visibility becomes hazardous. Ive tried every possible setting with the air but no matter how its set...it still fogs. Im super hesitant to have GM take my windshield off until i see others having positive experiences with this fix.

Side note, I have a 1SS. (no dual zone climate control)
Dator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 11:11 AM   #49
MH247

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Well, after a few days of driving the car after the "fix", there is VERY LITTLE IMPROVEMENT! Gee thanks GM...

If I were thinking about having this done, I'd wait to see what a couple of the other guys that are having his done think afterwards.

Sorry to hear, that really sucks! Can't believe GM releases a fix that doesn't work at all. Did you tell the dealership about that? If so, what was their response?
MH247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 07:06 AM   #50
TedJS

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:

Interesting. That has to be challenging to get those two foam blocks off the door using the camera and grabber tool. It would be easy to verify the repair as the technician could turn the system on with windshield removed and see if there is air leaking after the blocks are removed.

The calibration update and subsequent door relearn should ensure the defrost door is fully able to close.

I wonder if the technician was able to successfully remove both foam blocks that were holding the door open.... If so... It looked good on paper.
TedJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:35 PM   #51
nicktechla

Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Has anyone had a dealer do this for them?
-- Past --
2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe - Red Hot - A10, PDR - HRE P101
2015 Mustang GT PP - Whipple Supercharger
nicktechla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 10:05 PM   #52
RCF

Drives: '17 2SS, NGM, MRC, DPP; '19 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by MH247 View Post
Sorry to hear, that really sucks! Can't believe GM releases a fix that doesn't work at all. Did you tell the dealership about that? If so, what was their response?
Not yet - was able to take a couple of pics this morning and will send to them.
RCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 10:07 PM   #53
RCF

Drives: '17 2SS, NGM, MRC, DPP; '19 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedJS View Post
Interesting. That has to be challenging to get those two foam blocks off the door using the camera and grabber tool. It would be easy to verify the repair as the technician could turn the system on with windshield removed and see if there is air leaking after the blocks are removed.

The calibration update and subsequent door relearn should ensure the defrost door is fully able to close.

I wonder if the technician was able to successfully remove both foam blocks that were holding the door open.... If so... It looked good on paper.
I'm wondering if the "recalibrate for fluttering noise" mentioned on my ticket keeps the door from closing fully even though the foam blocks are gone (I'm pretty sure they accomplished this, have been impressed with my dealer thus far).
RCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 02:33 AM   #54
SuperSteveSS

Drives: 2017 ss
Mine is at the dealer now to get this fixed along with the headliner issues, paint not matching on the hyper blue bumpers along with a knocking sound coming from the rear.
SuperSteveSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 04:41 AM   #55
_MerF_

Wheel Team 6 has his at the dealer we both use. He PM'd me an update but I will leave it to him to publicize it. I'm waiting for his to be done then turning mine in.

Old 07-22-2017, 06:10 AM   #56
Wheel Team 6

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Windshield fogging

Quote:
Originally Posted by _MerF_ View Post
Wheel Team 6 has his at the dealer we both use. He PM'd me an update but I will leave it to him to publicize it. I'm waiting for his to be done then turning mine in.
The foam blocks were physically removed and I won't know if it fixed the problem until the new windshield comes in. They cracked the windshield removing it. My car has been there a week and won't be ready for another week. I will post an update as soon as possible.