Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 06-12-2012, 07:04 AM   #43
ZL1 TIBS

Drives: 1968 Camaro, 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
He got back with me and said this: I used Dupli-color Touch-up paint. Universal Black (NG SF 100). That is what the paint guide indicated to use for black.

All I can say is that it was dead on. I could not tell a difference in the paint at all. Hope this helps those who are in need.
Excellent, thanks a bunch for the information. I will get some of this paint and give it a try. I will try to post before during and after pictures so everyone can see how it works.
ZL1 TIBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:18 PM   #44
BlackZLWon

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
He got back with me and said this: I used Dupli-color Touch-up paint. Universal Black (NG SF 100). That is what the paint guide indicated to use for black.

All I can say is that it was dead on. I could not tell a difference in the paint at all. Hope this helps those who are in need.
Hi there, same thing happened to me as to OP (scratched right front wheel pulling into parking garage at work). I was sooo pissed, but now that I've recovered a bit I realize it was pretty superficial and can probably easily be fixed myself.

I'm going to look for this Dupli color paint mentioned above, but was wondering if anyone else has tried this on their black ZL1 wheels and how were the results?
Old 02-14-2013, 02:33 PM   #45
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZLWon View Post
Hi there, same thing happened to me as to OP (scratched right front wheel pulling into parking garage at work). I was sooo pissed, but now that I've recovered a bit I realize it was pretty superficial and can probably easily be fixed myself.

I'm going to look for this Dupli color paint mentioned above, but was wondering if anyone else has tried this on their black ZL1 wheels and how were the results?

The wheels were black and the Dupli Color was an exact match.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:57 AM   #46
BlackZLWon

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
The wheels were black and the Dupli Color was an exact match.
Cool thanks, I was kind of hoping for pics or a second opinion from someone else who'd tried it, but I guess I'll just try it. It's a small scratch and isn't too noticeable now,and I'm sure it'll work fine.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:43 PM   #47
BlackinBlack

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06 Blade Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAN311 View Post
No offense, but it's a what-ever-I-want-it-to-be car. If there isn't snow on the ground you can bet I'll be taking it to work everyday and parking it wayyyyyy out in the middle of no where. I'm not paying for a car to only use a few hours on the weekend. It's meant to be driven so that's what I plan to do with it.
I drive mine every day. Even in the rain. I take care of it but it is a car. It has been to the drag strip and car shows but also every week it goes to the grocery store. (My wife loves riding in it so I get stuck driving everywhere on the weekends even though her car is more practical.) Show car. ---->

2013 ZL1 BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
Roto-Fab CAI

2010 2SS/RS BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
3" MBRP 304 Stainless Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI
BlackinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:08 PM   #48
ramsman34

Drives: 2011 Summit White, 2SS/RS-LS3
Quote:
They also make a device for the tire or rims to prevent curbing and rash and they're not noticeable at all.
Who are "they" and where can I find such an device?
Old 02-15-2013, 06:05 PM   #49
ZL1 TIBS

Drives: 1968 Camaro, 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZLWon View Post
Cool thanks, I was kind of hoping for pics or a second opinion from someone else who'd tried it, but I guess I'll just try it. It's a small scratch and isn't too noticeable now,and I'm sure it'll work fine.
Second opinion here, I used the Duplicolor Universal Black and it was perfect. Can't even tell it was repaired.
ZL1 TIBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:13 PM   #50
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Dupli- Color for the win! I used it on my Midnight Silvers back in 2010 and I couldn't believe how good it looked. My rash wasn't that bad and I used a fine grit sandpaper to smooth it out a bit and went over it with the paint and you couldn't tell. In fact, there were a couple of guys who knew I curb my right rear and they wondered who fixed it as they didn't see the damage.

I saw back then where you could get a rim protector that pushes down over the outer lip of the rim and protects if from curbing and it wasn't obtrusive and it came in clear and colors if you wanted it to look like a painted stripe but I've since lost the link for it but there is a little bit of everything out there if you look for it.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:55 PM   #51
ramsman34

Drives: 2011 Summit White, 2SS/RS-LS3
chozn4servie inspired me to go looking:

http://store.wheelbands.com/wheel-ba...tect-your-rims

http://rimringz.com/products.php?pro...RINGZ%E2%84%A2

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...3659010&type=3
Old 05-01-2013, 08:09 AM   #52
mgaspari

Drives: Camaro rs 2lt IBM
will the spray can of dupont univeral black match these zl1 black wheels as well?(the description says its gloss)? I messed up my rim and im going to repair it than blend in the paint.
Please if anyone knows a black sprya can that would match it almost pefect please tell me.
mgaspari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:09 AM   #53
mgaspari

Drives: Camaro rs 2lt IBM
will the spray can of dupont univeral black match these zl1 black wheels as well?(the description says its gloss)? I messed up my rim and im going to repair it than blend in the paint.
Please if anyone knows a black sprya can that would match it almost pefect please tell me.
mgaspari is offline   Reply With Quote