Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-03-2012, 12:53 PM   #1
ga0358

Drives: 2010 ABM LS
ya know what's cool?

Seeing other people turn their heads checking out my car when they pass me or I pass them..

Seeing kids smile or hearing a kid say "Cool car!"

Hearing "Nice color!" or "I LOVE your car"

Even COOLER???

This happens nearly EVERY DAY!! even after 2 years!!!

I'm so proud of my Camaro!!!
Old 07-03-2012, 12:58 PM   #2
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Old 07-03-2012, 01:06 PM   #3
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS
I also love it when you get passed by a guy and his wife/gf and she can't stop checking out your car as you pass each other in traffic. It's got to be awkward for the guy lol
Coyotekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:32 PM   #4
1954 Belair-man

Drives: 2010 Camaro IOM 1SS M6
I totally agree with you OP, i still get lots of attention from the young and old and i'd say just about every single day, its amazing.
1954 Belair-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:49 PM   #5
dkg11

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
i got my car in november of 09... literally everyone and their mother would look at me, compliment me, and ask how the heck did u get that so soon!...it never gets old
Custom tune by Bob Morreale www.thetuningschool.com
QTP Electronic Exhaust cut-outs
12'' Alpine type R with 1500watts double ported box
Tinted windows
392RWHP on Mustang Dyno
dkg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:01 PM   #6
J-ROD-210

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS RJT A6
I had a guy yelling from across the street(he was walking)while I was at a stoplight. I thought to myself "this guy wants a dollar or something",so I roll down my window and he says"nice car,is that the 500 horse power model?" I thought fast and said "no,it's the
600 one". Hey,he believe it.TSP headers and Cherrybombs sound the part.Took off a little hard,while he gave me a thumbs up.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:12 PM   #7
DBBoopster

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS, RS
The attention I get never gets old!!!
DBBoopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:12 PM   #8
1954 Belair-man

Drives: 2010 Camaro IOM 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-ROD-210 View Post
I had a guy yelling from across the street(he was walking)while I was at a stoplight. I thought to myself "this guy wants a dollar or something",so I roll down my window and he says"nice car,is that the 500 horse power model?" I thought fast and said "no,it's the
600 one". Hey,he believe it.TSP headers and Cherrybombs sound the part.Took off a little hard,while he gave me a thumbs up.
1954 Belair-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:19 PM   #9
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Last weekend, my wife and I took the Vert to a show then a ride in the country. As we were coming back into town, a group of high school girls were having a car wash at an Auto Zone right at a red light. As we're sitting there, they all yell, "We love your car!". I "let it eat" a little pulling out so the Flowmasters rumbled. This car definitely gets checked out!

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:24 PM   #10
BlAcK MaMbA SS

Drives: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro SS RS L99
Send a message via MSN to BlAcK MaMbA SS Send a message via Yahoo to BlAcK MaMbA SS
Yea its a great feeling, my recent story... I was leaving Best Buy just to see two little kids standing next to my car getting their picture taken with my car. Seeing those kids reaction to the car is one of a kind. Thank you Chevy for making such a kick a$$ car
Old 07-03-2012, 02:49 PM   #11
snaphappy

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS2/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
I also love it when you get passed by a guy and his wife/gf and she can't stop checking out your car as you pass each other in traffic. It's got to be awkward for the guy lol
Talk about other guy's wives, I came out of a Sports Authority got in my SS, sent a text, then looked up and to my left, and here's this brunette smiling at me huge, I mean like huge, and her eyes are all sparkly. I notice she has a baby in a carseat in the back of her Lexus and her husband is in the drivers seat. I'm staring right at her, probably looking speechless, and she just keeps smiling. Finally, I decide I better put it in gear and get out of there. Then it hits me, she's looking at the SS, duh, not me. I'm a new owner obviously, so I'm not used to stuff like this yet
snaphappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:54 PM   #12
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:00 PM   #13
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
The one I've seen several times that cracks me up;

While sitting at a light, I look in the rear view mirror and see the guy behind me stealthily sticking his camera phone out the window and snapping pictures of my car. I've seen girls do it too, but they don't try to hide it. They just snap away and give a thumbs up!

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:14 PM   #14
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
I get a lot of comments and attention as well when I am about and about as well, what was really cool was the other night I let my wife drive and on the way home we pulled into the local convenience store/gas station and a bunch of locals were hanging out, she pulled right up to the front of the parking area where everyone comes in and out of the store and congregates. I jumped out and went in to get some beer and she stayed out in the car.
When I got back in the car, I looked over and she was ear to ear permagrin, she told me how several individuals were checking the car out and how a couple came up to the window telling her how bada$$ the car was, she was just eating it up for sure. I told her it aint too late to get her one, but she has her heart set on a Jeep Wrangler, I dont blame her though, I love Jeep Wranglers, they are the only other vehicle I would have other than a Camaro