Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 01-12-2013, 11:40 AM   #169
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullF-16 View Post
Car running great, its that after the car sits overnight i have to push the alky test button to get the car to fire up. After it has run it starts fine, just takes up to 10 seconds to get the fuel pressure up to 58 on the gauge on the regulator. I wonder if since it was tuned with the big Aeromotive eliminator pump that the start up fueling needs to be adjusted since i am now running a single walbro 400lph at startup now. Im not a tuner but i am wondering?
Something there does not sound kosher.. You can try an inline check valve to keep some fuel from draining back, but especially with the height of the tank fittings vs the lines you should not be having too many drain back issues. Is the pump wired to off the fuel pump turn-on wire? You can also increase the fuel pump prime time .

More over than that, your starting tables could be off. If the cranking VE and/or injector tables are off, that would cause a delayed start. However, this seems to be more of a pressure issue if you are reporting the delayed fuel pressure.
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:48 AM   #170
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt @ FSP View Post
Something there does not sound kosher.. You can try an inline check valve to keep some fuel from draining back, but especially with the height of the tank fittings vs the lines you should not be having too many drain back issues. Is the pump wired to off the fuel pump turn-on wire? You can also increase the fuel pump prime time .

More over than that, your starting tables could be off. If the cranking VE and/or injector tables are off, that would cause a delayed start. However, this seems to be more of a pressure issue if you are reporting the delayed fuel pressure.
Car sat overnight. I just went out and turned power on to the ignition (not cranking) checked the press gauge at the regulator and it was about 1 psi, watched it for the next 75 seconds and after about 45 seconds it was about 2-3 psi then after about 70 seconds needle rose to 5 momentarily then snapped to 58psi.

If the car has recently run the pressure rises to normal after 5-10 seconds.
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:49 AM   #171
Matt @ FSP

Quote:
Car sat overnight. I just went out and turned power on to the ignition (not cranking) checked the press gauge at the regulator and it was about 1 psi, watched it for the next 75 seconds and after about 45 seconds it was about 2-3 psi then after about 70 seconds needle rose to 5 momentarily then snapped to 58psi.

Is this an electronic gauge or mechanical?

Do you have any pictures of how the system is run. I assume its a bypass-return style...
Old 01-12-2013, 11:52 AM   #172
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Quote:
Is this an electronic gauge or mechanical?

Do you have any pictures of how the system is run. I assume its a bypass-return style...
Its return style, running -10 from the pump hat to the aeromotive 40 micron filter, -10 from filter to Y block, then -8 lines to the back of the Aeromotive LS7 rails, -8 lines from the front of the rails to the Aeromotive pro series regulator (mechanical fuel press gauge screwed into port on the regulator) then -8 line from bottom of regulator to the return port on the pump hat.
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
Old 01-12-2013, 11:55 AM   #173
Matt @ FSP

Quote:
Its return style, running -10 from the pump hat to the aeromotive 40 micron filter, -10 from filter to Y block, then -8 lines to the back of the Aeromotive LS7 rails, -8 lines from the front of the rails to the Aeromotive pro series regulator (mechanical fuel press gauge screwed into port on the regulator) then -8 line from bottom of regulator to the return port on the pump hat.

Sounds just about right.. The only thing confusing item you have here is that you said after 75 seconds you'll see full fuel pressure.. That is just weird considering that the fuel pump prime time is set commanded in the ECM. It just makes no sense that after 75 seconds all of a sudden you have fuel pressure. Here is what I am talking about btw...
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2013, 12:00 PM   #174
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Quote:
Sounds just about right.. The only thing confusing item you have here is that you said after 75 seconds you'll see full fuel pressure.. That is just weird considering that the fuel pump prime time is set commanded in the ECM. It just makes no sense that after 75 seconds all of a sudden you have fuel pressure. Here is what I am talking about btw...
Yea, if its not one thing its another. Though this seems minor compared to my previous issues. I have an email into Andy at Squash. Bottom line is i am not getting normal fuel pressure after power on for about 75 seconds if the car sits over night. Does not seem like a wiring issue or a tune issue now. Car cant start if it doesnt have fuel pressure!
Old 01-12-2013, 12:04 PM   #175
Matt @ FSP

Quote:
Yea, if its not one thing its another. Though this seems minor compared to my previous issues. I have an email into Andy at Squash. Bottom line is i am not getting normal fuel pressure after power on for about 75 seconds if the car sits over night. Does not seem like a wiring issue or a tune issue now. Car cant start if it doesnt have fuel pressure!
Hmm.. It's hard to suppose what is going on there.. Rodney and I just started cracking on the final install of our Squash system. I'll let you know how that turns out !
Old 01-12-2013, 12:43 PM   #176
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Quote:
Hmm.. It's hard to suppose what is going on there.. Rodney and I just started cracking on the final install of our Squash system. I'll let you know how that turns out !
Quote:

Any check valve in the system.

Fuel feed Plumbing should be - pump out with check valve to regulator in than regulator out to filter out filter to rail that's it.

Fuel return from bottom of regulator back to the return fitting in Andy's Fuel pump .
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:48 PM   #177
Matt @ FSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post

Fuel feed Plumbing should be - pump out with check valve to regulator in than regulator out to filter out filter to rail that's it.

Fuel return from bottom of regulator back to the return fitting in Andy's Fuel pump .
Actually Andy if that is the Aeromotive bypass style, it would go after the fuel rails...
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2013, 12:49 PM   #178
realsquash

Drives: Four Door Camaro
Quote:

There is check valve built into the hat that works regardless of the check valves in the pumps themselves. If he can get the interior panel open I will walk him through a few checks. He should not need more than a second of prime time for pressure to come up.

Andy
Old 01-12-2013, 12:53 PM   #179
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Quote:
Originally Posted by realsquash View Post
There is check valve built into the hat that works regardless of the check valves in the pumps themselves. If he can get the interior panel open I will walk him through a few checks. He should not need more than a second of prime time for pressure to come up.

Andy
Ill call you during the week Andy, i dont want you wasting your saturday! Thanks, bottom line is the car runs great!!! I just want to drive it since its been down for 9 months
Old 01-12-2013, 12:53 PM   #180
ADM PERFORMANCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by realsquash View Post

Andy
Than no check valve required ..good move on your part andy by using fuel pumps with checkvalves or putting one in your setup.

Sounds like they could be feeding the input to the regulator where the return port is.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:57 PM   #181
Matt @ FSP

Quote:
Sounds like they could be feeding the input to the regulator where the return port is.
Ah yes could call there... Bull any pics by chance?
Old 01-12-2013, 01:06 PM   #182
ADM PERFORMANCE

Andys fuel pump may not clearly designate inlet and outlet.If so you could easily screw the steel supplied fittings in wrong not paying attention thinking you got the return hooked to the return and the outlet hooked to the outlet.

Hey Andy

Maybe CNC the words IN and OUTLET on those humps on top of your fuel pump hat!