Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-05-2014, 03:45 PM   #1
whidobie

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible 2SS RS
Unhappy Technostalgia Rapid Fire Led Lights Problem

I loved these lights until!- I am in my third year with these light. I had a professional install done with them and for two years i have had no issues until 4-5 months ago. The car has never been exposed to rain and 99% it is garaged. Around the holidays the car wouldn't start. I had to call roadside assistance and then brought the car to my dealer. They did all battery checks and drain tests and found nothing wrong. Take the car back and within 3 4 days to try and start, the battery was drained again. This went for about 3 or 4 times back and forth to the dealer. I left the car so the dealer could see that there was a drain happening. The unit was removed and put back. I picked it up and it worked fine for about 1 1/2 months. Took the car out last weekend. Tried again today and it won't start again. Something from the rapid fire continues to drain y battery. I have not added or changed anything to the car electronically since these lights were installed.

Anyone have any answers here?
whidobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:13 PM   #2
IBM camaro
Texas HT5

Drives: IBM
Not new they are responsible for this issue easiest solution take them off or drive your car more often
IBM camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:05 PM   #3
elarson5757
Obsessed and Loving It...

Drives: 2013 1LE-SS
Yep..well known issue. Use a battery tender when sitting for more than a couple weeks or install a switch to kill the power to the Tech lights when stored....
elarson5757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:06 PM   #4
kjnylin

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black/Black Auto
I never had a battery draining issue with my Technostalgia tail lights, although I drove it nearly every day. I did finally return them after a year due to fogging issues. Stay away from these lights if you plan on getting them wet!

Order accepted by GM, 6/15/2009
Picked up at dealer 8/21/2009
UPDATE! Purchased a 2013 ZL1 on 3/14/2015.
kjnylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:38 PM   #5
camarostar2010

Drives: 2011 SS
These lights are a horror. After months of email and paying almost double to fix and replace. I finally gave them to a guy who wanted them. I warned him. Result...fried harness. One of the worst investments I ever made, and Todd the owner is a douche bag. Just my .02 You be the judge. Not bashing, just telling my story.
camarostar2010 is offline   Reply With Quote