Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-12-2014, 01:02 PM   #1
beasstmode

Drives: 2011 camaro ss
took a day trip to sedona az this weekend

Hey guys, New member here. Located in surprise Az. Just recently bought a 2011 camaro ss with the rs package from my work at sands in surprise. Just heard about this site the other night while out at the Scottsdale pavilions show Saturday night!

So a few coworkers and I (my ss, a mustang, a genesis coupe and a Subaru sti) took a day trip up to Sedona this weekend to hit up the famous and newly paved 89a switchbacks, and omg was it amazing! Car handles decent for stock suspension(won't last long this way) and plenty of power to have a great time up there.

Got a few decent pics, I'll upload this evening when I get home from work.
Attached Images

Last edited by beasstmode; 08-12-2014 at 02:20 PM.
beasstmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 01:18 PM   #2
hunter1660

Drives: 2011ss/rs camaro
Sounds like your getting your monies worth.Now wipe that grin off your face.You can't can you....It's known as permigrin...Worth every cent. Welcome aboard
Old 08-12-2014, 01:29 PM   #3
STL20102SS

Drives: SW 2010 2SS/RS
Welcome, and Sedona is an awesome place!
2010 Summit White 2SS/RS M6: Injen longtube cold air intake, Borla S-Type cat-back exhaust, Tint, White painted rear diffuser, Red powder-coated Brembo calipers, New Era Performance ported throttle body, BMR 1" lowering springs, Hotchkis Chassis Max Strut Tower Brace, Red hash stripes, Vossen Matte Graphite/Machined CV5's
STL20102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 02:19 PM   #4
Destructo09

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2SS/LS3
I had a Rental SS convertible up there the week they reopened 89A at the switch backs. That was a good trip!

We put just over 1k miles on that rental SS. We also went out through Jerome and over the mountain over to Prescott and back, that was pretty fun too.

Beautiful country out there for sure!

We did a Jeep rental also and spent a full day hitting all the trails in Sedona, what a blast.
1LE rear sway bar
SRP Racing Pedals
Hurst Billet short shifter
Square tire/wheel setup
Elite Engineering Catch Can
Stainless Power longtubes/highflow cats
K&N Typhoon CAI
RPM Motorsports of Garner, NC dyno tune (421 RWHP)
Destructo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 02:20 PM   #5
Need4speed_motorsports

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Im sure it was a great trip, looking forward to seeing pictures.
Need4speed_motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 02:26 PM   #6
beasstmode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructo09 View Post
I had a Rental SS convertible up there the week they reopened 89A at the switch backs. That was a good trip!

We put just over 1k miles on that rental SS. We also went out through Jerome and over the mountain over to Prescott and back, that was pretty fun too.

Beautiful country out there for sure!

We did a Jeep rental also and spent a full day hitting all the trails in Sedona, what a blast.
yeah i hit up jerome last weekend actually with a friend for the first time and it was way cool. did you do the pink jeep tour while in sedona or rent your own?

side note i use to live in nc till about a year ago for 10 years man, moved out there when i was 13 with the family and just came to az about a year ago and would never go back after being out here.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:27 PM   #7
beasstmode

[QUOTE=Need4speed_motorsports;7885621]Im sure it was a great trip, looking forward to seeing pictures.[/QUOT

ooooh it was a awesome trip for sure, actually just posted a couple pics (came home for lunch)
Old 08-12-2014, 02:58 PM   #8
Destructo09

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasstmode View Post
yeah i hit up jerome last weekend actually with a friend for the first time and it was way cool. did you do the pink jeep tour while in sedona or rent your own?

side note i use to live in nc till about a year ago for 10 years man, moved out there when i was 13 with the family and just came to az about a year ago and would never go back after being out here.
We rented our own from Barlowes Jeep rental, they were pretty cool and gave us fairly detailed trail maps and suggestions on which ones to do.

The maps also had the expect time per trail and everything. We picked it up about 10 AM and hit 3 or 4 trails and then got up early the next morning and hit Soldiers pass and the big trail with the stairs on (forgot the name).

It was a blast, i'm so glad we did the rental ourselves instead of taking the tour, i've always been kind of a off-road guy so it was fun to get back in a 4x4 and hit some trails.

The humidity was very nice coming from NC, although it's been pretty mild here temperature wise this year. It's not even getting into the 90s later this week and sunny.
1LE rear sway bar
SRP Racing Pedals
Square tire/wheel setup
K&N Typhoon CAI
Old 08-12-2014, 03:09 PM   #9
Destructo09

Here's a pic from out trip in June.

Also a link to a video from the Jeep trip.

1LE rear sway bar
SRP Racing Pedals
Square tire/wheel setup
K&N Typhoon CAI
Old 08-12-2014, 04:05 PM   #10
guerrillakilla13

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Sounds like a good time!! I was thinking about taking a road trip up to jerome, flagstaff, sedona sometime during the winter. I really hope Arizona All Gens schedules a road trip after September. Do they pour salt on the roads up there?
guerrillakilla13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 09:02 PM   #11
beasstmode

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerrillakilla13 View Post
Sounds like a good time!! I was thinking about taking a road trip up to jerome, flagstaff, sedona sometime during the winter. I really hope Arizona All Gens schedules a road trip after September. Do they pour salt on the roads up there?
yeah i saw a few of those guys from that forum at the pavilions saturday and they told me to join, so i did and never got "accepted" but from what i heard they do regular group ride here in az which seems really cool. my friends and i are planning another trip up the same route that your talking about wanting to do and you or anyone else from az are more than welcome to meet up with us and come along! it'd be fun not being the only camaro, the more the better i say! and honestly man i have no clue if they salt up there, I've only been in az for a little over a year and never went up there when it was cold/snowing.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:19 PM   #12
mikeinmobile

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
We did 89a this past Jan. in our 2011 ss/rs. Crazy cool drive!

Old 08-12-2014, 10:31 PM   #13
wocampb

Drives: '14 2SS/RS 1LE BRM, '12 Cruze LT 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by beasstmode View Post
yeah i saw a few of those guys from that forum at the pavilions saturday and they told me to join, so i did and never got "accepted" but from what i heard they do regular group ride here in az which seems really cool. my friends and i are planning another trip up the same route that your talking about wanting to do and you or anyone else from az are more than welcome to meet up with us and come along! it'd be fun not being the only camaro, the more the better i say! and honestly man i have no clue if they salt up there, I've only been in az for a little over a year and never went up there when it was cold/snowing.
Send me a PM with the username you signed up with over on AllGens and I'll get your account approved.
4B00 - 10/30/13
Arrived at dealer - 11/12/13
Arrived in my garage - 11/15/13
SLP Supercharger, SLP headers, SLP Loudmouth Exhaust, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, 1in Hotchkis Springs, SLP Cold-Air Intake, Painted Chrome Strip, Painted Rear Valance, and more to come soon.
wocampb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 10:32 PM   #14
wocampb

Drives: '14 2SS/RS 1LE BRM, '12 Cruze LT 6M
I'm working on getting a few runs set up for northern AZ over the next few months.
4B00 - 10/30/13
Arrived at dealer - 11/12/13
Arrived in my garage - 11/15/13
SLP Supercharger, SLP headers, SLP Loudmouth Exhaust, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, 1in Hotchkis Springs, SLP Cold-Air Intake, Painted Chrome Strip, Painted Rear Valance, and more to come soon.
wocampb is offline   Reply With Quote