Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

View Poll Results: if you definitely want a cylinder please chose V6 or SS. need to figure out how many
I own a V6 20 20.83%
I own a V6 but will wait for a core exchange 7 7.29%
I own a SS 50 52.08%
I own a SS but will wait for a core exchange 21 21.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2012, 02:10 PM   #855
camarostar2010

Drives: 2011 SS
Listen friends. ...I can attest that this is a must do for any m6...The more I drive the more I sense the difference. Been about 2 weeks I think. I can actually hear a small click while depressing the clutch...and i know its from the added force of the fluid and I feel the disengagement of the clutch where as with stock I some times wondered if the shift was actually complete. Also I remember that in hot weather and stop and go traffic my clutch felt too soft and mushy...now its much harder. The product is worth it ...not only that...being that Ideal did the install I met the guys, and I can say they are good people all around.
camarostar2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:44 AM   #856
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEALG View Post
what clutch are you using? others have had trouble with sticking pedals and my master resolved their problem. you shouldn't need to adjust your clutch.
I have ACT's twin and Ram's slave. Car's getting towed back to the shop on Monday so the transmission can come out yet again. I'm going to assume the new billet slave failed due to the lack of fluid in the res and how quickly it leaves when I tried to refill and bleed the system. I'm about to blow a gasket over this damn transmission!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-21-2012, 07:44 AM   #857
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Drives: 2015 ZL1 6 speed
Send a message via AIM to IDEALG
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
I have ACT's twin and Ram's slave. Car's getting towed back to the shop on Monday so the transmission can come out yet again. I'm going to assume the new billet slave failed due to the lack of fluid in the res and how quickly it leaves when I tried to refill and bleed the system. I'm about to blow a gasket over this damn transmission!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

someone else here had trouble with a Ram slave and then the second one they installed was ok.

Make sure the Ram slave is adjusted properly
Old 10-23-2012, 01:15 PM   #858
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

VACATION WEEK

IDEALG will be taking a week vacation for the SEMA show October 28th - November 4th

So any orders that week will be shipped out monday November 5th.

Dad will be in the shop if anyone has any technical questions but he will not be shipping out orders.

Thank you
Jerry
Ideal Garage
Old 10-23-2012, 02:14 PM   #859
Retro69

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Enjoy your time off! You deserve it!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Retro69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:49 PM   #860
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro69 View Post
Enjoy your time off! You deserve it!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
thanks!
Old 10-23-2012, 03:02 PM   #861
was619
Billy The Kid

Drives: Cyber Grey 2SS/RS
So I have had my MC installed for a few days and noticed that as I depress the pedal the last half inch or so before it hits the bottom needs a bit more pressure as if its trying to compress the fluid in the slave to move the slave more than it normally would

Also I notice that the position which the clutch engages is right after the stock return spring trys to push your foot up faster

any Impute would be great.
thanks
Will
Aesthetics: ZL1 Spoiler, DIY LED marker lights, AACPlasma DRL, Yellow Calipers, painted factory wheels
was619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:16 PM   #862
2012-2SS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by was619 View Post
So I have had my MC installed for a few days and noticed that as I depress the pedal the last half inch or so before it hits the bottom needs a bit more pressure as if its trying to compress the fluid in the slave to move the slave more than it normally would

Also I notice that the position which the clutch engages is right after the stock return spring trys to push your foot up faster

thanks
Will
Sounds like you need to bleed the clutch a little more. Make sure you exercise the pedal through its full range of motion.

The factory pedal is designed to assist in holding the clutch pedal down and then help return the pedal the last few inches. If you're unsure disconnect the master cylinder and run the pedal through its range of motion.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

2012-2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:30 PM   #863
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by was619 View Post

thanks
Will

Also give us a little more detail on whats going on?

I think you need to bleed the system again.
You should feel a little more pressure then previously with the stock master but it's only a little.

what we have been doing now is disconnecting the hydraulic clutch line at the trans and then bleeding the master cylinder and the line first. you use your finger as a bleeder on the end of the hydraulic line while someone else pushes up and down on the pedal. once you get the master cylinder and line full of fluid with no air then connect the line back up and then bleed the the whole system from the bleeder screw on the slave cylinder. it makes it easier this way to get all the air out of the system.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:38 PM   #864
was619
Billy The Kid

Drives: Cyber Grey 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEALG View Post
Also give us a little more detail on whats going on?

I think you need to bleed the system again.
You should feel a little more pressure then previously with the stock master but it's only a little.

what we have been doing now is disconnecting the hydraulic clutch line at the trans and then bleeding the master cylinder and the line first. you use your finger as a bleeder on the end of the hydraulic line while someone else pushes up and down on the pedal. once you get the master cylinder and line full of fluid with no air then connect the line back up and then bleed the the whole system from the bleeder screw on the slave cylinder. it makes it easier this way to get all the air out of the system.
I will try this method of bleeding it again! Thanks guys!
Aesthetics: ZL1 Spoiler, DIY LED marker lights, AACPlasma DRL, Yellow Calipers, painted factory wheels
was619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:55 PM   #865
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Here's another THANK-YOU IDEALG!!
Guess I'm gonna keep this bucket of bolts a little longer after all!

After a re-bleed just to be sure, and a fresh engine oil change- I got the chance to put the spurs to her!

Hard/fast 1-2 shifts (and2-3, and 3-4) at redline and beyond, with no crunch, no grind, no problem!!
I'm using stock DOT#3 fluid, OE hydraulic lines, and OE gear oil in the trans- so it's got to be the new mastercylinder.

If you've still got a grind after this mod I'd suggest a re-bleed or maybe your synchro has already succumbed to too many crunches.

Get one before your synchro's throw in the towel!
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:40 PM   #866
Steve@HPE

Drives: 2014 SS/RS
I returned the stock master cylinder but have yet to received the $50 core deposit
Steve@HPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:57 PM   #867
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve@HPE View Post
I returned the stock master cylinder but have yet to received the $50 core deposit

I posted several times already i'm no longer doing the core returns.

I can't use your cores, And i kept receiving broken cores anyway.

PM sent Steve
Old 10-24-2012, 06:00 PM   #868
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
Here's another THANK-YOU IDEALG!!
Guess I'm gonna keep this bucket of bolts a little longer after all!

After a re-bleed just to be sure, and a fresh engine oil change- I got the chance to put the spurs to her!

Hard/fast 1-2 shifts (and2-3, and 3-4) at redline and beyond, with no crunch, no grind, no problem!!
I'm using stock DOT#3 fluid, OE hydraulic lines, and OE gear oil in the trans- so it's got to be the new mastercylinder.

If you've still got a grind after this mod I'd suggest a re-bleed or maybe your synchro has already succumbed to too many crunches.

Get one before your synchro's throw in the towel!

Glad you got it going. enjoy now