Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 07-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #127
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
What ever Chevy does, they better do it soon. I need a new car and don't know how much longer I can hold out for a Z28.
That's why I traded my in the wrapper '02 SS 35th for a 2012 ZL1. I needed a fix. The '02 provided that adrenaline for 10 years, and I owned it thinking it wouldn't potentially return. So I had the last of the Mohican's per se, and a fine one at that. But it was old school, and the new Camaro came about. So chic, advanced, and modern. With no Z28 in sight, and the story of it evolving into the ZL1 during it's long and drawn out process, forced my hand at getting one. I was enamored by it's beauty. The body style is revolutionary. It's a modern classic. All those Milford car cam video's squarely put me in the seat and I could litteraly feel what the car could do. I had goosebumps and a hot rush watching those clips, man I wanted that adrenaline...it was palbable. I decided if and when a Z28 returned I could always make a move for it if it came with what I desired and it looked the part as well. They say the Gen 6 body will be an evolution of Gen 5. In all likelyhood the Z28 will come out with the new chasis and body. Will I like it? Will it have what I want? I don't know, only tme will tell. I do know I am in love with the Gen 5 body, and the ZL1 is a HP Camaro cutting edge that outperforms cars twice the price. That short walk to the ZL1 with the keys in hand does it all for me...for now. The underpinnings are so stout and capable to handle far more HP than delivered, so the only real modification needed is to the engine. The weight issue is solved by subtraction through addition. Nothing else is really required. The wait for the Z28 is less dramatic for me because I have the ZL1. And for me, a sure thing is better than a maybe. Just some ramblings....
Old 07-16-2012, 11:00 AM   #128
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
That's why I traded my in the wrapper '02 SS 35th for a 2012 ZL1. I needed a fix. The '02 provided that adrenaline for 10 years, and I owned it thinking it wouldn't potentially return. So I had the last of the Mohican's per se, and a fine one at that. But it was old school, and the new Camaro came about. So chic, advanced, and modern. With no Z28 in sight, and the story of it evolving into the ZL1 during it's long and drawn out process, forced my hand at getting one. I was enamored by it's beauty. The body style is revolutionary. It's a modern classic. All those Milford car cam video's squarely put me in the seat and I could litteraly feel what the car could do. I had goosebumps and a hot rush watching those clips, man I wanted that adrenaline...it was palbable. I decided if and when a Z28 returned I could always make a move for it if it came with what I desired and it looked the part as well. They say the Gen 6 body will be an evolution of Gen 5. In all likelyhood the Z28 will come out with the new chasis and body. Will I like it? Will it have what I want? I don't know, only tme will tell. I do know I am in love with the Gen 5 body, and the ZL1 is a HP Camaro cutting edge that outperforms cars twice the price. That short walk to the ZL1 with the keys in hand does it all for me...for now. The underpinnings are so stout and capable to handle far more HP than delivered, so the only real modification needed is to the engine. The weight issue is solved by subtraction through addition. Nothing else is really required. The wait for the Z28 is less dramatic for me because I have the ZL1. And for me, a sure thing is better than a maybe. Just some ramblings....
Yeah, I'm seriously leaning towards getting a 1LE this year. If the Z28 is announced by the time I get home from the dealership with my car then I'll figure something out.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:49 PM   #129
OldScoolCamaro

Note to GM: Use up the technology laying about on the parts shelves, infuse inhouse vision or outsourse help from Pete if necessary, let's get 'er done <Z28> before the Gen6 arrival. Make it a last hurrah for the LS story.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:52 PM   #130
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Damn you guys are good!!!!!!
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:40 PM   #131
OldScoolCamaro

Check this thread out guys....., congrats to Pete! This "RPO" is gonna rock n roll...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241258