Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-28-2012, 04:57 PM   #547
MACE_ENG

Drives: LLT Machine
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post

because DI mix air/fuel directly in the chamber some things that can have great affect on normal port injected engines won't be the same for DI. For our DI it's all air until the chamber remember that. Also have to agree with VE. It play a bigger role with DI engines.

We'll find out soon enough I guess
MACE_ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:23 PM   #548
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
I am very optimistic about it tho.. I have good reasons for this
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:40 PM   #549
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
I am very optimistic about it tho.. I have good reasons for this
oh yeah? what are you with holding from us jay?...
Old 02-28-2012, 09:17 PM   #550
ucf713

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT SIM
Short term review of the 25 mm insulator:

Haven driven with the 25 mm insulator installed for the past 3 days, I can honestly say that it is the best and most noticeable performance mod I have installed on my car. I have previously installed a CAI, 2.5" cat-back exhaust, and the Trifecta Tune. None of those have given me the performance of this insulator.

Spinning the tires used to be an accident, now I have to try not to push the gas too hard or it is guaranteed to happen. Today I was backing out of a parking space and spun the tires in reverse (the lot was NOT wet).

I could not be more happy with this mod.
ucf713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:25 PM   #551
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucf713 View Post

Haven driven with the 25 mm insulator installed for the past 3 days, I can honestly say that it is the best and most noticeable performance mod I have installed on my car. I have previously installed a CAI, 2.5" cat-back exhaust, and the Trifecta Tune. None of those have given me the performance of this insulator.

Spinning the tires used to be an accident, now I have to try not to push the gas too hard or it is guaranteed to happen. Today I was backing out of a parking space and spun the tires in reverse (the lot was NOT wet).

Old 02-29-2012, 05:49 AM   #552
MACE_ENG

Drives: LLT Machine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucf713 View Post

Thanks for the well articulated, detailed feedback ucf713

I think it can help people gauge as to what they can expect when running the 25mm manifold insulator, considering it's still a relatively new product. Importantly though if people read carefully the feedback that others have given over time with this product, their feedback tends to be is quite consistent.
MACE_ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:30 AM   #553
Twonz360

Drives: 2011 Black 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACE_ENG View Post
Sorting out a few things with it. If people want them though we can supply ASAP 100%
I want a plenum spacer!!!

Mods:

Performance
Elite Engineering Catch Can, VMax CNC Ported Throttle Body, CAI Inc. Cold Air Intake, ARK N2 Catback Exhaust, Trifecta Tune, RX Ported Intake Manifold (Custom Paint Job), MACE 25mm Insulator, ARH Long Tube Hedders,
Misc.
Magnetic Oil Drain Plug, Royal Purple Oil, LED DRL's, Blacked Out Bow ties, Sound Deadening In Trunk, LED Interior & Trunk, AAC LED Side Markers
Coming Soon...
SS Rear Diffuser, JDP Motorsports RS Color Changing Halo Package, SS Front Bumper..... Cams.:slice: "I'm Killin' em"
Twonz360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:37 AM   #554
ucf713

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT SIM
Quote:
Thanks for the well articulated, detailed feedback ucf713
No problem. Although, if I had known the insulator was going to work this well, I would have had a dyno run to post here.

Quote:
Importantly though if people read carefully the feedback that others have given over time with this product, their feedback tends to be is quite consistent.
I think the main take away from all of us is we can "feel" the performance increase of this mod on the road (undoubtedly due to the increase in low end torque).
ucf713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:37 AM   #555
bmorecam
Account Suspended

the insulator is definitely the best bang for the Buck deal. The low end tq is nice for daily driving since we do most of our normal driving there.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:20 AM   #556
Blacktip

Drives: 2011 1LT Silver RS package
Quote:
the insulator is definitely the best bang for the Buck deal. The low end tq is nice for daily driving since we do most of our normal driving there.
Bmore, how did the Vararam install go?
Old 02-29-2012, 10:24 AM   #557
gjarzabek009

Drives: 1LT
Quote:
Definately! Before, I had to drop to 2nd when driving over a speedbump at 10 mph. Now I leave it in 3rd and it pulls.
-VMAX Ported TB
-Maces 25mm Insulator
-Ported Intake manifolds (soon)
gjarzabek009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:44 AM   #558
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktip View Post
Bmore, how did the Vararam install go?
Didn't get to install yet. Just got a new carbon fiber hood last night so I been dealing with that all yesterday. Just have to switch over some things from the stock hood to the new hood and I be good to go. I'm 100% certain that I will need to have the maf retuned to suit vararam since we had to readjust for my current AEM brute force. I just hope the trims are not waaay off to cause a cel which mean I will have to probably reinstall my AEM and wait for an update. I will definitely let you all know how it went

gzarbek009, I been holding off on lower gears for almost a year and finally I'm having my lingenfelter 3.91's installed this saturday. The only thing that I'm worried about is my 1st gear. I am running stock 3.27 and with my current power level I already hate using my 1st gear. It's so fast and so powerful where it make shifting into 2nd hard as it is. So I always try to avoid it even with the stock gear. I'm about to find out if it was all worth it tho.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:48 AM   #559
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
what hood did you get?

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:05 PM   #560
gjarzabek009

Drives: 1LT
Quote:
Didn't get to install yet. Just got a new carbon fiber hood last night so I been dealing with that all yesterday. Just have to switch over some things from the stock hood to the new hood and I be good to go. I'm 100% certain that I will need to have the maf retuned to suit vararam since we had to readjust for my current AEM brute force. I just hope the trims are not waaay off to cause a cel which mean I will have to probably reinstall my AEM and wait for an update. I will definitely let you all know how it went

gzarbek009, I been holding off on lower gears for almost a year and finally I'm having my lingenfelter 3.91's installed this saturday. The only thing that I'm worried about is my 1st gear. I am running stock 3.27 and with my current power level I already hate using my 1st gear. It's so fast and so powerful where it make shifting into 2nd hard as it is. So I always try to avoid it even with the stock gear. I'm about to find out if it was all worth it tho.
For daily normal driving you wont be using 1st any more. Starting at 2nd will be perfect at 3.91s. For me I can start from 2nd easily as it is (Don't really do it as much because I like the torque starting from 1st ). You will have such a big grin on your face once you gun you car after the install haha. What tires are you running? Traction will be your next problem that will need to be tackled if you want to get into the 12s Which I am almost positive you can do with light wheels and a set of good tires.
-VMAX Ported TB
-Maces 25mm Insulator
-Ported Intake manifolds (soon)
gjarzabek009 is offline   Reply With Quote