Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-20-2012, 10:43 AM   #15
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Those are some good numbers!
Old 04-20-2012, 10:48 AM   #16
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unobtainium View Post
Was it loosening up as it went? 483 first pull?
They said they were way off. They should have thrown it in 6th and pulled her to top speed. Then it might not have taken 5-6 runs.
He didn't run the RPMs all the way up. I was the one who said way off. I was betting it made 510RWHP. Someone else said 520RWHP.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:04 AM   #17
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Awesome numbers, Chevy power all the way, I love it
Old 04-20-2012, 11:54 AM   #18
tooslow
Banned

Drives: 4 Wheels, Gasoline Engine
So, how do you account for the numbers getting better with each run if no changes were made to the car? How much time was there between each run? One would think that making back to back pulls on a supercharged car would result in degradation in the numbers due to heat soak, not better numbers with each pull.

512 to the wheels sounds about right for a car rated at 580 at the crank. Congrats!
tooslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:06 PM   #19
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooslow View Post
So, how do you account for the numbers getting better with each run if no changes were made to the car? How much time was there between each run? One would think that making back to back pulls on a supercharged car would result in degradation in the numbers due to heat soak, not better numbers with each pull.

512 to the wheels sounds about right for a car rated at 580 at the crank. Congrats!
First one was 483 then a full pull resulted in 509. Sat for about 10 mins then two more pulls at 510, and 512. Then sat for another 10 mins then pulled a 509 then a 490. The dyno room was starting to warm up. The tuner said the last run he saw the car was pulling timing.
I took the video and posted it in behalf of Alex. If you lame asses wanna question everything then you should've showed up. I'm not a expert and unless you are keep your opinions to yourself. Thank you very, I don't care if you have a good or bad day.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:14 PM   #20
tooslow
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno LS3 View Post
First one was 483 then a full pull resulted in 509. Sat for about 10 mins then two more pulls at 510, and 512. Then sat for another 10 mins then pulled a 509 then a 490. The dyno room was starting to warm up. The tuner said the last run he saw the car was pulling timing.
I took the video and posted it in behalf of Alex. If you lame asses wanna question everything then you should've showed up. I'm not a expert and unless you are keep your opinions to yourself. Thank you very, I don't care if you have a good or bad day.
Lighten up, Francis, nobody was questioning the numbers it put down. I only asked my questions because I have been around a lot of supercharged cars on a dyno and rarely do the numbers improve over time. It seems the ZL1 is pretty consistent, which I'm happy to see. You answered my questions and I thank you for that, but to suggest that I have to get on a plane and fly four hours just to witness something myself versus asking a few questions to folks who were there seems a little far-fetched, don't you think?

Last edited by tooslow; 04-20-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:28 PM   #21
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooslow View Post
Relax, Francis, nobody was questioning the numbers it put down. I only asked my questions because I have been around a lot of supercharged cars on a dyno and rarely do the numbers improve over time. It seems the ZL1 is pretty consistent, which I'm happy to see. You answered my questions and I thank you for that, but to suggest that I have to get on a plane and fly four hours just to witness something myself versus asking a few questions to folks who were there seems a little far-fetched, don't you think?
IDK who Francis is. That's the reason this is in the Cali section. Trying to cut down on the trolls from other regions. Yes heat soak eventually got the best of the car and it stopped making the same power numbers.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:56 PM   #22
909Camaro!
!!SoCal HT5!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
lmfaoo! just like 50 cent 21 questions! I guess they expect a video from start to finish....
Old 04-20-2012, 02:05 PM   #23
Blue Menace

Drives: 2013 WRX Sedan
Any one-a yoos put ya meat hooks on my ZL1...and I kill ya!
Blue Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:06 PM   #24
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 909Camaro! View Post
lmfaoo! just like 50 cent 21 questions! I guess they expect a video from start to finish....
Totally bro! Alex is getting his new ZL1 dynoed and there will always be some douchebag to post up something negative and stupid to say. That's public forums.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:13 PM   #25
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Inferno... You're way off base by saying what you did. He just asked freakin question. Lighten up your panties, Nancy. I was wondering the same thing... how back to back pulls kept yielding higher numbers. Now I know better than to ask for fear of getting back lashed at. Chill man.

I didn't bother watching the video. You see on Camaro on a dyno, you've seen 100. Nice car tho!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:38 PM   #26
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCanSS View Post
Inferno... You're way off base by saying what you did. He just asked freakin question. Lighten up your panties, Nancy. I was wondering the same thing... how back to back pulls kept yielding higher numbers. Now I know better than to ask for fear of getting back lashed at. Chill man.

I didn't bother watching the video. You see on Camaro on a dyno, you've seen 100. Nice car tho!
Good then don't ask. It wasn't only him. I've know some of them to troll on other threads before. Sorry, but I don't wear panties probably like you do. Sorry if I'm being a ass today. Sometime these people post up stupid sh!t and it gets to me.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:42 PM   #27
tooslow
Banned

Quote:
Totally bro! Alex is getting his new ZL1 dynoed and there will always be some douchebag to post up something negative and stupid to say. That's public forums.
Not sure where I ever stated anything negative. Help me out here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Menace View Post
Any one-a yoos put ya meat hooks on my ZL1...and I kill ya!
At least someone got it.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:53 PM   #28
Taintedveins
Shark attack!

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
if that is a 18-20 percent loss it is putting down around 600-615 at the crank? Not sure if I am right about that.. but......