Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-03-2013, 03:13 PM   #29
dekan513
chevy pride

Drives: 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBUSDRVR View Post
82 Camaro with a 406. Hit button. Went wee. then bang. Left the rearend on the road. 2 seconds were worth it. lol That was 20 yrs ago.
lol, see even when its bad its good and a life long memory .

check out ky speeds fb page https://www.facebook.com/kyspeed
dekan513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:30 PM   #30
FosterSS
Guardians Of The Night

Drives: '13 ZL1 CRT
Ive thought about looking into the plate system myself. Looks more safe these days, but Ill def do my research and get the knowledge first.
FosterSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:08 PM   #31
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekan513 View Post
this is why most dont like nitrous bad info like this. nitrous has come a long way in the last 5-10 years . its not just push a button and hope all goes well lots of things to monitor and prevent a backfire.
This isn't bad info. Had another nitrous explosion at my track last weekend. Motor toast and t 1.5 hour shutdown to clean up the track. Can't tell you when the last time we've had an FI or NA motor blow up.
People keep saying it's come a long way, but they still keep grenading their engines.

You run what you want, but I'll never touch the N2O.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:28 PM   #32
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
I am having RDP Motorsports put the Zex system in, these guys really know what they are doing.

Still wondering where you guys put your purge nozzle if you have one. Also is there any sound difference when the nitrous kicks in? I am curious how I would know when the engine is getting nitrous? Do you really have to push the gas pedal all the way to the floor for it to activate, or will it activate before that point.

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:36 PM   #33
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
I am having RDP Motorsports put the Zex system in, these guys really know what they are doing.

Still wondering where you guys put your purge nozzle if you have one. Also is there any sound difference when the nitrous kicks in? I am curious how I would know when the engine is getting nitrous? Do you really have to push the gas pedal all the way to the floor for it to activate, or will it activate before that point.

Russ

You should be able to feel it and you'll def be able to see it in your logs. Yes, gas pedal to the floor to achieve max value in the ECM. You can stick the purge anywhere you'd like.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:50 PM   #34
dekan513
chevy pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by willhe64 View Post
This isn't bad info. Had another nitrous explosion at my track last weekend. Motor toast and t 1.5 hour shutdown to clean up the track. Can't tell you when the last time we've had an FI or NA motor blow up.
People keep saying it's come a long way, but they still keep grenading their engines.

You run what you want, but I'll never touch the N2O.
thats why they make diff stuff. 1.5 shutdown must be a shitty track for a backfire clean up. i see blower cars blowing oil out all the time down the track . but oh well thats part of racing if u dont like track clean ups then might not want to go to the track cause its almost a fact that theres at least 1 every night.

Old 06-03-2013, 08:52 PM   #35
dekan513
chevy pride

mailslot works good for me i had it everywhere but i get more compliments on the mailslot. lol
Attached Images

Old 06-03-2013, 08:55 PM   #36
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
Quote:
1.5 shutdown must be a shitty track for a backfire clean up.
That's to clean all the oil and engine parts off the track. Like I said. Grenaded.

$700 N2O kit = -$8000 engine.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:59 PM   #37
OHIOSS
Russ

Quote:
mailslot works good for me i had it everywhere but i get more compliments on the mailslot. lol
Great idea, that's where it's going. Thank you!
Old 06-03-2013, 09:04 PM   #38
2SSRSinBama

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro CGM
these cars can EASILY handle 100-125 shot as they roll off the showroom floor, on the L99s, you are going to want to go to the LS7 lifters for a 150+ shot and stay in that range(175 at the most) on the stock internals, but I wouldn't spray a 175 shot as it, lol

personally, i'd probably do the Ls7 lifters and a 125 as a safety precaution... its all in the tune and your setup... you can have a 5th gen on nitrous for $650... or you can do it right and its going to cost about $1800... your choice, your car... the problem is the guys with the $650 kits that blow shit up and give it a bad name... the people like my best friend who took a bone stock Ls1 Z28 and sprayed a 125 shot from 2200 miles all the way to about 156,000 miles(and through two 4L60es, lmao), no one mentions them....

2010 Camaro SS L99... has a few mods
2SSRSinBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:39 PM   #39
OHIOSS
Russ

I had my engine tuned at the same place that is installing the nitrous, will the car need to be tuned again when adding nitrous?

The system is going to cost around $1100, which included the nitrous system, 10lb canister, and the purge option. I don't drive the car in the winter and it's not a DD so would I need a pressure system? Is a 10lb canister the right size? How much do they cost to get refilled?

You guys are worrying me a little with this blowing up stuff.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:14 PM   #40
MaxKamai
Mad Ninja Skills

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6
My experience with nitrous
Custom stainless 2" primary headers / Custom stainless 3" header back exhaust / Hurst short shifter / ZEX nitrous kit / Vararam intake / Spohn chrome moly trailing arms / Sin City Performance Tune / SCP custom ground cam / SCP ported & polished heads

New Car 2007 Corvette Z06 - Headers / Vararam / Magnaflow Catback / SCP Tune / Nitrous / BTR Stg IV Cam and Springs
MaxKamai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:16 PM   #41
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
I had my engine tuned at the same place that is installing the nitrous, will the car need to be tuned again when adding nitrous?

The system is going to cost around $1100, which included the nitrous system, 10lb canister, and the purge option. I don't drive the car in the winter and it's not a DD so would I need a pressure system? Is a 10lb canister the right size? How much do they cost to get refilled?

You guys are worrying me a little with this blowing up stuff.
10# bottle is fine. You don't need a 15.

In CT nitrous is $7 a pound. You may be able to get it cheaper but that's what it costs me. It would be wise to check everything on the dyno while spraying to check afr's and fuel pressure, etc.

What the pressure system you're referring to?
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:45 AM   #42
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Drives: 15STI, 10Expy, 10 2SS/RS M6, 47KB1
Quote:
I have been wanting to do mine like that. Looks bad a$$.
As for now, the purge tube goes straight down into a hole for the engine cradle/crossmember. Stealthy, excecpt for the sound during the purge.
GPI SS3 Cam & stuff,N.O. Plate(dedicated fuel tank,progressive,fuel hose upgrade,remote opener,heater,console switches),LNC2000,CTAP,ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers,Jet Hot coated LTs,GPI HPT Tune,CAI, Scoop,Rx Catch Can,Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res,Metco loop,Momentum Tunnel Brace,TSW Nurb 18",555 & 05,Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods,Autometer WB,Fesler Pillar Pod,LED strips (int),Lloyds floor & trunk mats,LED DRL/front turn & license plate,DRL harness,VLEDs tail lights,Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17@112.6 stock
Badbubba is offline   Reply With Quote