Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southcentral

Old 12-03-2010, 08:42 AM   #1
LDHitman23

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
F.A.S.T Intake Manifold LS3

Hello Camaro Owners,

I was just curious if anybody has a F.A.S.T Intake Manifold for the LS3. I know that everybody is liking theirs for the ones that I have talked to. If you have one please let me know. I will take a used one but not romped on all the time. If you have pics please also post these for me as well.

Thanks Guys,
Texas Speed LT Headers (no cats), LS3 Monster blower cam, Muffler Delete, Stage 3 Spec 3 Clutch,102mm F.A.S.T Intake Manifold, Comp Cam Push Rods, Comp Cam Dual Springs, D1-SC Procharger, ID850cc Injectors, Stealth Fuel Pump, F.A.S.T Fuel Rails, Tune by Brett Seaburg, Nitto Street Radials, Amber Halos and Fog Lights, Window Tint (5%) Nightshade Tail Lights, Interior Amber Dome Light and Trunk.

LDHitman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:51 AM   #2
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
I've heard that ur better off porting the stock intake manofold than getting the FAST cuz both have very similr HP gains.
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:57 AM   #3
LDHitman23

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEEo View Post
I've heard that ur better off porting the stock intake manofold than getting the FAST cuz both have very similr HP gains.
I read on forums that they said that they were testing out porting the stock intake manifold v.s. the F.A.S.T Intake manifold. Have you done all the testing for both manifolds?
Texas Speed LT Headers (no cats), LS3 Monster blower cam, Muffler Delete, Stage 3 Spec 3 Clutch,102mm F.A.S.T Intake Manifold, Comp Cam Push Rods, Comp Cam Dual Springs, D1-SC Procharger, ID850cc Injectors, Stealth Fuel Pump, F.A.S.T Fuel Rails, Tune by Brett Seaburg, Nitto Street Radials, Amber Halos and Fog Lights, Window Tint (5%) Nightshade Tail Lights, Interior Amber Dome Light and Trunk.

Old 12-05-2010, 12:25 PM   #4
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
No thats why I said I've heard.

Search it up here u'll find alot that did already.
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 07:15 PM   #5
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
There have been MANY posts from people that spent the $800+ on one, only to get VERY little to no gains whatsoever. It's common knowledge that if you go bigger cubes or FI, you'll get decent gains, but a stock or near stock car won't benefit from one. That $$ would be much better spent on a set of LT's, CAI, or a tune.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:35 PM   #6
ScottieBlkSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 2SS/RS
A FAST intake is only a waste of $$, You may see 4-5 hp max out of it true numbers, Like he said if you going to spend that buy you a set of headers, if your interested in some let me know I can get you a good deal on a brand new set of ARE's..
Old 12-06-2010, 08:25 AM   #7
LDHitman23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottieBlkSS View Post
A FAST intake is only a waste of $$, You may see 4-5 hp max out of it true numbers, Like he said if you going to spend that buy you a set of headers, if your interested in some let me know I can get you a good deal on a brand new set of ARE's..
Well I got LT Kooks Headers (no high flow cats), CAI, mild tune, and factory straight pipe exhaust. So in this case I should spend the money. This January its going to be Procharged so I was just tryin to get the motor and and rear end some what ready for it. I wish that I would of Procharged it when I first got the car, but lesson learned.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:48 PM   #8
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
the only complaint i have is that it is sold as a FAST intake for the Camaro, but its not. the map sensor faces the wrong way so you either have to lengthen your connector wires or buy the extension($40). you also have to take it apart to drill out the pcv hole since there is a few places to use. Also, if you buy the 102mm throttle body($500), you have to buy the KATECH billet idler($120) pulley to clear it and it also comes with a new belt.

just wanted to let y'all know that its a universal intake, not specifically for the Camaro LS3/L99. For an $800 intake, it should be more vehicle specific imo
BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:07 PM   #9
lexlueger

Drives: V10 BMW M5, Supercharged 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK10 View Post
the only complaint i have is that it is sold as a FAST intake for the Camaro, but its not. the map sensor faces the wrong way so you either have to lengthen your connector wires or buy the extension($40). you also have to take it apart to drill out the pcv hole since there is a few places to use. Also, if you buy the 102mm throttle body($500), you have to buy the KATECH billet idler($120) pulley to clear it and it also comes with a new belt.

just wanted to let y'all know that its a universal intake, not specifically for the Camaro LS3/L99. For an $800 intake, it should be more vehicle specific imo
Great info... I was about to drop some coin on one .
IW 8 RIB PULLEY W/ OD COG REARS
NX EXPRESS/NANO KIT

KDI HEAT EXCHANGER/ROTOFAB RESERVOIR
CIRCLE D 2800 TC/FLEX PLATE/ADM TRANS COOLER
DSS DRIVESHAFT/1400 HP AXLES
EATON TRUETRAC -LPE 3.27 GEARS
DYNATECH HEADERS/MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST
SQUASH RETURN STYLE FS ID 850's E85/ FLEXFUEL
BMR/EIBACH SUSPENSION

KILL MODE, ON.

lexlueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 07:21 AM   #10
jude

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS/SS
Unless you are running a forced induction system you will not see any noticeable gains. I base this assumption from all of the experiences expressed on this forum. You could honestly port your factory intake and receive close to the the same volume/flow as the LSXr. Contact Ragin Racing they do it all the time. I had the lsxr on my car but the main reason was cosmetic because it looks sick inside the car. It ran like a MoFo with the stock intake. If you want to go all out and spend the coin, get a sheet metal intake. I will be running the precision one on a built RHS block twin turbo setup

http://www.marcellamanifolds.net/images/Images.html

http://www.precision-metalcraft.com/Home_Page.php

http://www.wilsonmanifolds.com/

Last edited by jude; 12-22-2010 at 10:59 PM.
jude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:13 PM   #11
CyberPredator
50 Shades of Prey

Drives: TT/SS
I didn't realize there were so many camaros in crowley. that's where my mom is from.

But I have to agree with everyone here I had a built GTO before this w/l92 heads and Futral advised against getting the intake. He just ported the l76 one for me.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:21 AM   #12
LDHitman23

I want to thank you guys for all the info. I have not yet decide if that I will be fully building the Camaro. I know that it would make more sense to do it, but this man does not have all the money in the world. So that is still up in the air. Seems like that I will just go with getting the stock LS3 intake manifold ported. Im just ready for this procharger to be on. Keep up with the info, always wanting to learn.

Old 12-23-2010, 01:37 PM   #13
jude

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDHitman23 View Post
I want to thank you guys for all the info. I have not yet decide if that I will be fully building the Camaro. I know that it would make more sense to do it, but this man does not have all the money in the world. So that is still up in the air. Seems like that I will just go with getting the stock LS3 intake manifold ported. Im just ready for this procharger to be on. Keep up with the info, always wanting to learn.
You are limited on the pro charger and you have to rob engine power to spool up the supercharger. Look into this kit and decide what horse power you want to have up to 650RWhp. You can keep your same LS3 platform and make all the power you can handle with TT. Just a thought for you, good luck on your decision!

http://www.ipsmotorsports.net/produc...oducts_id=4309
jude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:56 AM   #14
LDHitman23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jude View Post
You are limited on the pro charger and you have to rob engine power to spool up the supercharger. Look into this kit and decide what horse power you want to have up to 650RWhp. You can keep your same LS3 platform and make all the power you can handle with TT. Just a thought for you, good luck on your decision!

http://www.ipsmotorsports.net/produc...oducts_id=4309
I dont want to make a huge amount of horsepower with this car. I would just like to be in the low 700's. I think that would be a nice amount of HP. Now for my next camaro, I know for a fact that that one will be a turbo charged machine. Trust me I would love to throw a TT on my car, but I just feel like that would encourage more HP lol.. I will just see how I like the procharger( their will be more mods after the procharger) and see what I think. Its just a learning experience.