Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-05-2008, 02:21 PM   #127
16yearoldcamarodriver
Advanced Senior Member

Drives: Mercedes ML350 '06
My family is different. Anyway if you said auto why and if you said manual why?

16yearoldcamarodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 02:44 PM   #128
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Oh my word, the age old Generation battles continue.

What ever a person's decision is is something which they alone are responsible. As far as I am concerned, any younger individual (Yes I am an old guy - 58), that appreciates the spirit of the new Camaro is okay by me.

I know what itt is like to have worked my tail off to get through college. I have been the beneficiary of a very wonderful career. It boiled down to hard work, and trying to keep a positive attitude about my relationships professionally.

Regardless, my list:

SS - Six Speed Manual - LS3
RS Package - Red Jewel Tintcoat - 20 inch wheels - Best Sound System I can afford. - Leather Interior

What is great is that my lovely Bride is the one who wants the Six Speed Manual. God Bless her!
Old 09-05-2008, 02:46 PM   #129
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
I'm 18 and will be paying for the Camaro on my own and I'm pretty sure that this is what I want...

SS RS
Manual
Red with black racing stripes with white pinstripe
Plan to buy as soon as they hit the floor.
Hopefully under 33,000.
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:44 PM   #130
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16yearoldcamarodriver View Post
Thanks, I have traffic in my daily commute but only for 3 - 5 mins, so I'm still not sure. Also about the white, I would clean my car every day if I had to. I love the Camaro. I like cyber gray but like you said, I need to see it in the actual showroom to see if it looks good.
Regarding the white... I've owned white. It's not that difficult to keep clean. That assumption is a fallacy.

White is 2nd only to Silver in ability to appear clean even when it's dirty.

Black, on the other hand, looks dirty the second you put it in gear after washing it. By far the worst. And, as someone said, it hides the lines of a vehicle too much.

The ONLY vehicle I'd consider purchasing in black is the new Challenger. It doesn't have a lot of body lines to hide anyway.

My 'commute' to work is less than 10 minutes (many times only 5 depending on traffic/lights). I couldn't imagine having to shift that much even in that short amount of time. Gimme an auto any day.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:57 PM   #131
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecammi View Post
Can you say "spoiled rotten"?
Being a little spoiled isn't a bad thing.

I was most definitely spoiled a bit as a kid (when compared to many of my peers). And my parents bought me my first car for $2568 (9 year old '82 Camaro Berlinetta w/ I think it was 60 some thousand miles.) Actually, I paid $468 of the price. Their one stipulation was that I had to get a job and get my own insurance and gas.

I didn't want for much as a kid. I didn't get every little thing I asked for, but I got more than enough to qualify as spoiled. (I always considered divorced parents a wonderful thing... Double everything at Christmas and Birthdays! LOL) I even had a friend that was always a little ticked that at Christmas I got so much more than him. You have to consider he had 2 brothers and a sister with non-divorced parents also... Of course they wouldn't buy as much for each child as my parents did for just me (my dad) and me and my brother (mom and stepdad).

And despite being spoiled I turned out fine. I own my own home, have had plenty of vehicles and have never once had to borrow money from my parents.

Though I do know a couple people that would argue I'm selfish. I consider that more of a personality trait than an effect of being spoiled though. Hey, I want what I want and I'm rarely willing to compromise in order to make someone else happy. LOL If that means I'm selfish, so be it.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:08 PM   #132
5th_GEN_SS
Junkie

Drives: SIM 2SS/RS M6
My Choice:
Price: hopefuly under 36K
What Version: RS/SS V8
Auto or Manual: 6 Speed auto.. i want paddle shifters
Color: silver w/ tinted windows
Plan to buy:maybe the black 21 inch rims, int color package

i cant wait
5th_GEN_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:09 PM   #133
littlecammi

Drives: '87 Pontiac Fiero GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
Don't care about price. I'll let my dad worry about that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecammi View Post
Can you say "spoiled rotten"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
Drop the spoiled comments. That's just childish.
Seems spoiled rotten to brag about the price of the car being your dad's problem and that you don't care what it costs. I'll stand by my earlier comment.
littlecammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:18 PM   #134
ucla1ove3

Drives: soon to be 2010 CAMARO :]
dude just drop this seriously. we all want the car already and we all wanna be the first to have it. and we are all getting a little cranky with each other. lett's just forget about the whole who works harder thing and get back to the real discussion which if you don't know what it is. go read the URL thing in your browser. yeah that's right this is about the CAMARO not about whether or not someone is spoiled. it's none of your business anyway. just let it alone already.
ucla1ove3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:27 PM   #135
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucla1ove3 View Post
lett's just forget about the whole who works harder thing and get back to the real discussion which if you don't know what it is. go read the URL thing in your browser. yeah that's right this is about the CAMARO not about whether or not someone is spoiled.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:30 PM   #136
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
My choice's for the new Camaro are still in flux.

If I were looking to order in the near future, it'd be the SS. But that's the only "definate" at this point.

I've never owned a convertible, but after seeing the 5th Gen. 'vert, I'm now considering one.

Also, I'd like to see the color's in person. Currently, white, and silver, are the leading "candidate's".

Finally, I'm considering waiting to see what's offered in the 2nd year.

I want my next Camaro to be more "unique", ie; a dealer edition, aka Tom Henry, Berger, etc., or possibly a higher performance model offered from the factory, (provided GM finds a way possible).

All I can say at this point with 100% certainty is that my next new car will be a Camaro.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 09:53 AM   #137
16yearoldcamarodriver
Advanced Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
Regarding the white... I've owned white. It's not that difficult to keep clean. That assumption is a fallacy.

White is 2nd only to Silver in ability to appear clean even when it's dirty.

Black, on the other hand, looks dirty the second you put it in gear after washing it. By far the worst. And, as someone said, it hides the lines of a vehicle too much.

The ONLY vehicle I'd consider purchasing in black is the new Challenger. It doesn't have a lot of body lines to hide anyway.

My 'commute' to work is less than 10 minutes (many times only 5 depending on traffic/lights). I couldn't imagine having to shift that much even in that short amount of time. Gimme an auto any day.
I like the white with black stripes. That is what I am going to pick! Thanks!

Old 09-06-2008, 10:34 AM   #138
Screw991le

Drives: 2000 Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingincamaro View Post
black hides all the beautiful curves and lines and white well good luck keeping it clean. but you will have to see it in person to fully judge the colors

go with cyber gray its sexy

im torn between my sig pic cyber gray and victory red black stripes
White is easier to keep clean than Black. Black is the hardest car to keep shinny. Black looks better but shows all the imperfections.

2000 Corvette Coupe
2003 Trailblazer LT EXT
2007 G6
Screw991le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:40 AM   #139
16yearoldcamarodriver
Advanced Senior Member

So if I get black does that mean that I have to clean the car like everyday?

Old 09-06-2008, 10:58 AM   #140
ucla1ove3

Drives: soon to be 2010 CAMARO :]
lol yea it's a terrible color. looks nice but a bit** to keep clean.
ucla1ove3 is offline   Reply With Quote