Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 02-04-2011, 08:13 AM   #1
SVT2888

Drives: 97 Ford Thunderturd
Grand National Roadster Show!! *Part 1*

Last Friday I payed a visit to the historic Grand National Roadster Show, which for the past couple of years has been held at the Pomona Fairplex. This is the show that signals to all hotrodders and customizers that the show season has begun. People from all over the world and all walks of life attend this event to gaze at the amazing cars which turn up year after year.

This is my second year attending this show and first year attending this show with a Media Pass and I loved it! The quality of cars is top notch. I also enjoyed getting to take a stroll at the NHRA Museum, while I waited for the Press Conference to start. I was definitely the youngest person in attendance at the press conference, but I didn't mind. For the most part everyone was pretty friendly, even if I'm not what I would consider real media.

The press conference not only notified us about what was going on that weekend and with up coming shows, but also spurred up a topic of conversation which is "Where are all the young people in the hot rodding and customizing scene?" It's a topic which Mike from Speedhunters.com and I talked about a good bit while we walked around the show. Another topic which was discussed is "Why was it cool back then to swap parts amongst different cars in order to make something custom, but now it's considered preposterous?" I would really like to hear what you guys have to say about those two topics.

Also, I'd like to mention that CNCpics.com has been overwhelmed by its popularity recently. We are now receiving on average something in the order of 200,000 image request per day. This of course is overwhelming our server and costing Max dearly since we aren't really a money making venture. We volunteer our time and money in order to bring these images to you, the car enthusiast public. Therefore, we are trying something new this week and would like to know what you guys think about it. We are going back to being hosted instead of having our own server. We are using a trial version of SmugMug right now and if you guys like it we will keep it, if not we'll have to figure something else out in order to keep CNCpics up and running.

But enough of the jibberjabber, on to the picks of the pics:

Hope you guys enjoy the pictures. This is just part 1 from the Grand National Roadster Show. I decided to split it up in two since there are so many pictures.

Thanks,

-Leo
SVT2888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:19 AM   #2
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Great shots, Leo!

BTW, 4th down on the right (Black roadster) copped the prestigious AMBR award.

That show is "on the list", but who could give up this lovely Eastern weather for a trip to SoCal, this time of year?!
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote