Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-10-2015, 01:10 PM   #1
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Do you think that Chevy is shocked or anything by the 2015 mustang sales?

I've been wondering if Chevy is surprised or shocked about how well the 2015 mustang is selling. I admit before the 6th Gen wasn't on my mind as much because of the camo shots and other shot that Chevy showed at the car show. But only because it looked the same just smaller than the refresh just with different things such as subtle details . But for some reason the 2015 mustang doing so well and the refresh is not no more has given me new found interest because I think Chevy will have to due more than make it smaller with a little different details. Hopefully a new front and more so I'm happy that the mustang kicking our butts. Hahaha... Sorry writing fast and cooking lol...
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 01:13 PM   #2
Cam_Cam

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS
I think the Mustang had a lot of pent us sales from Mustang Fans. I think you will see the sales even out eventually and would expect the same thing to happen upon the release of the new Camaro.

So I would say no, Chevy isn't surprised.
Cam_Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 01:16 PM   #3
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Probably not any more that Ford was at Camaro sales in 2009.

(Click above image to learn about UpstateC5)
ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 01:16 PM   #4
LOBBS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I think it's to be expected. The Camaro is naturally going to slow down once word of the next generation leaks. There's a huge demographic these days that wants a modern muscle car but isn't loyal to any brand. With a new Mustang out they may pick one up and trade it off in a year when the '16 Camaros finally hit the lots.
LOBBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 01:17 PM   #5
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam_Cam View Post
I think the Mustang had a lot of pent us sales from Mustang Fans. I think you will see the sales even out eventually and would expect the same thing to happen upon the release of the new Camaro.

So I would say no, Chevy isn't surprised.

Oh , ok! But 12,000 in sales is crazy!
Old 04-10-2015, 01:21 PM   #6
titanfan
Account Suspended

Drives: Several in a big garage
I doubt they are surprised, let alone worried about the initial sales of a redesigned Mustang. I'm sure the initial sales numbers for the next generation Camaro will be equally strong. All that being said, I think it is unrealistic to expect the trends of the 5thGen to be followed by the 6thGen. By that I mean a Camaro has been in continuous production since the 2010 model year and unlike it was with the 5thGen, there is not nearly the pent up demand on the part of Chevy loyalists to go out and get one. I expect the 6thGen Mustang and 6thGen Camaro sales numbers to be very close thought their concurrent sales months.
titanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 01:23 PM   #7
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
Probably not any more that Ford was at Camaro sales in 2009.
Oh , I need to look at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOBBS View Post
I think it's to be expected. The Camaro is naturally going to slow down once word of the next generation leaks. There's a huge demographic these days that wants a modern muscle car but isn't loyal to any brand. With a new Mustang out they may pick one up and trade it off in a year when the '16 Camaros finally hit the lots.
Yea , loyalty definitely isn't in mind if most buyers these days. I guess the economy is doing to well because a muscle car can sell 12k in one month is alot.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:24 PM   #8
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2003 GMC Envoy/2007 Ford F-150
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
No. Nobody should be. I've been saying since last year Mustang would destroy Camaro in sales this year. It's to be expected in this segment.

2003 GMC Envoy SLE - Airaid Cold Air Intake, Gibson Performance Catback Exhaust
2007 Ford F-150 XL SuperCab (State-issued)
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 01:26 PM   #9
titanfan
Account Suspended

Drives: Several in a big garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Oh , I need to look at that.

Yea , loyalty definitely isn't in mind if most buyers these days. I guess the economy is doing to well because a muscle car can sell 12k in one month is alot.
Neither the Mutang nor the Camaro is a musclecar. You're diluting the heritage of both when you refer to them as such.
titanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 01:28 PM   #10
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
You have to remember, the economy REALLY sucked in 2009. They are introducing a new version as the economy is improving. I expect Camaro sales will look better from the introduction of the 6th Gen than they did for the 5th Gen.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:30 PM   #11
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztwentypoop View Post
I doubt they are surprised, let alone worried about the initial sales of a redesigned Mustang. I'm sure the initial sales numbers for the next generation Camaro will be equally strong. All that being said, I think it is unrealistic to expect the trends of the 5thGen to be followed by the 6thGen. By that I mean a Camaro has been in continuous production since the 2010 model year and unlike it was with the 5thGen, there is not nearly the pent up demand on the part of Chevy loyalists to go out and get one. I expect the 6thGen Mustang and 6thGen Camaro sales numbers to be very close thought their concurrent sales months.
Wow! You think that the 6th Gen will be selling 12k ? I will definitely be checking back with you on that because that would be impressive but I guess the yearly sales is more important. But nonetheless , I'll be waiting to see if it even sells close to the 12k.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:32 PM   #12
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Neither the Mutang nor the Camaro is a musclecar. You're diluting the heritage of both when you refer to them as such.
modern day muscle cars!
Old 04-10-2015, 01:32 PM   #13
1fastmf

Drives: SBM G8 Gt
Quote:
What are they then? I refer to all the pony cars as muscle cars.

I love when the older guys tell me about how FAST the "real" muscle cars were back in the 70's. Ya.. as fast as my moms kia Optima..
1fastmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 01:32 PM   #14
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Look at what the 5th Gen did with selling over 500K units. Now a new car from the Caddy plant, of course high expectations! I am totally happy with my car and if someone bought one today, I would say Congrats. If they wanted to wait and see what was coming, I couldn't blame them either.