Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 04-10-2008, 11:23 AM   #155
princevj28

Drives: 2009 Chevy Cobalt LT coupe
Send a message via AIM to princevj28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega94 View Post
I shall save you before an onslaught of flames consumes you!!!! :P There will be no LS2...not even detuned...We don't know what the output is...and there is PLENTY of speculation...just look in different threads. We don't know which trim level will be which...'top dog' status is still a question of SS or Z28...heck, we don't even know for sure if there will be a Z28 (we all think there will, and we all hope there will...but we don't know for sure). I'm also going to say that it's probably safe to say that the top level V8...be it SS or Z28...or something else...will have north of 430 hp. In a recent trip to GM's Desert Proving Grounds...some of the members got a chance to interview some employees...and they said that the Mustang GT500 is their benchmark for the Camaro...and the GT500 has 500 hp...anyone else want to add anything?? It looks like you're new...and I don't know if you've been lurking...but take look around...there's a lot of REALLY good info...some fact...some just speculation...but yeah, take a look around

i suppose i haven't seen anything stating that the GT500 was gonna be the benchmark car.

but maybe a v-6, z-28, SS, and a Supercharged SS???

but should the top dog camaro beat the GT500 in power and handling....looks like the price for that top level car would be similar (60,000?)

but ah well, i'm happy with a mid level trim v-8 with 400+ horses...

i've been a camaro fan for a while but my friend just pointed me to this site, so i'm sure there's plenty i haven't seen yet.

nd an interview with one of the guys from GM said that pre-sale orders will most likely start late summer this year? i HOPE so, i can wait another 10 months for a new car if its a guarantee i can get my hands on the camaro
princevj28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:33 AM   #156
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Just trying to help out...changed my sig....
Old 04-10-2008, 01:03 PM   #157
Justcallme61

Drives: 2000 honda accord v6
Quote:
Originally Posted by princevj28 View Post
i suppose i haven't seen anything stating that the GT500 was gonna be the benchmark car.

but should the top dog camaro beat the GT500 in power and handling....looks like the price for that top level car would be similar (60,000?)

i've been a camaro fan for a while but my friend just pointed me to this site, so i'm sure there's plenty i haven't seen yet.

nd an interview with one of the guys from GM said that pre-sale orders will most likely start late summer this year? i HOPE so, i can wait another 10 months for a new car if its a guarantee i can get my hands on the camaro

the top of the line wont be anywhere near 60,000, unless its marked up a lot by dealers. the msrp is expected to be in the 40's (although it could be more). if i remember correctly the msrp on a gt500 is roughly 43k? there is another topic, but i cant remember which one it is, that talks about the gt500 being a benchmark. i believe it was quoted from someone high up at GM
Justcallme61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 01:09 PM   #158
wild_weasel
Ombudsman

Drives: Black 03 Jeep Liberty Renegade
Read diarmadhi's post here:

http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3589

Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

I want my 2010 Z28, and I want it now. Black Graphite Metallic please.

(Thanks to Mindz and Jinx for the avatar/sig pic respectively)

wild_weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 01:16 PM   #159
Omega94

Drives: 1994 Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by princevj28 View Post

Just to supplement what's been said...the Mustang GT500's MSRP is $42,330 according to Ford's website. So $60k is quite steep. The only other thing is I don't see there being a top trim level with a N/A V8 and a forced induction version. It's very very possible that the top V8 will have a supercharger...so, I would say that most likely we'll only see 2 V8 variants from the factory. Of course, I could be wrong...but everything we know to this point...leads me in this direction. I hope you're right about pre-sales ordering going on in the summer...but I'd say that'll probably happen closer to the time when the production version is released (in September)...wait, I guess that is towards the end of summer...Oh well, either way, I'll believe it when I hear Scott say it. I'd be interested in who you interviewed! That's always cool to talk to people in the know I also really look forward to seeing what the trim levels are called because it's still a huge toss-up. Half the people on here want SS to be king...and the rest want Z28! I just want my Camaro Just messin' But seriously...I want my Camaro

1994 Camaro 3.4l V6, 5-speed, SLP Loudmouth I cat-back exhaust.
It's loud, slow as all get out, but loud
No more money going into this one...everything's being saved for my 5th Gen.
2010 Camaro SS 6-speed, Black/Black
Omega94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 01:20 PM   #160
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
Just trying to help out...changed my sig....
A while back, I had changed mine to "the facts" as we knew them, but no one read it. I like yours better.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 02:20 PM   #161
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
A while back, I had changed mine to "the facts" as we knew them, but no one read it. I like yours better.
thanks, i saw Fbodfathers comment on the headlights and i decided to help educate the masses...
Old 04-10-2008, 09:57 PM   #162
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
thanks, i saw Fbodfathers comment on the headlights and i decided to help educate the masses...

Thenk kew!!!!
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 09:58 PM   #163
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Thenk kew!!!!
The father has spoken.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:03 PM   #164
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
Ah.... wow, I just noticed that rearward visibility is going to suck. Oh well.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:37 PM   #165
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I've been following these threads for some months now and things are really heating up. I do have a question that I haven't really seen answered. We ALL know that the headlights are just placeholders for testing purposes and the real headlights will be really cool looking. Some have even hinted that they will be something quite special and unique to Camaro. What I'm wondering is if anyone can confirm that the TAILlights we are seeing are just stand-ins for the real ones. I don't mean just the yellow ones, which LOOK like temporary lights... I'm referring to the red ones as well. Everything about the car screams power and uniqueness and style and creativity except the taillamps we have seen look rather pedestrian and quite ordinary. I'm really excited about the car no matter what the rear lights look like, but it would be a dream come true if we could have something to brag on with the lights. Something either cutting edge like LEDs or some reflector optic lenses that are new and different. The red lenses with the diffuser bezel pattern you can see one lonely #1157 bulb sitting behind isn't really cutting it for me.

You'd think that the design team would be working the hardest on making the rear view of this car the most spectacular sight, since it IS the view that everyone is going to see most often!

So, anybody have any opinions or guesses about the taillights?

With all the "Not the real headlights" traffic on these boards going on, I'm a little surprised nobody else is hoping for better taillights. Maybe it's just me...
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 02:39 AM   #166
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
^Tail lights have also been discussed. Not the real ones. camero told us headlights and tail lights are usually the last things to be built. I recall a few people saying the tail lights are not the finished product.......

Anyway, I know these won't be production style.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 06:48 AM   #167
restarter

Drives: the new camaro ;)
Send a message via MSN to restarter
oooooo i love this pics
I can't take it anymore ... i wont this car now
restarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 08:48 AM   #168
NG67

Drives: 67 camaro
I have been watching this site for a wile now I enjoy comming hear to see the photos and read the comments. I would like to say this car will once again rule the roads. A word for the owners of the new Camaro be ready to hear a lot of excuses and complaints from other car drivers. As (their is no competition when you are on the top).
NG67 is offline   Reply With Quote