Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 05-18-2013, 05:43 PM   #57
PMJ
Seeking 9s on M6...

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3 aka "BlackWidow"
I went to have my car aligned w/my new Pedder's alignment kit, but I didn't go to the right place...while the car was in the air however...i realized i never fixed the exhaust hanger after my ZL1 driveline install... so next store at the local autoparts i found what i needed for $5...my cheapest mod to date
Attached Images

Old 06-01-2013, 09:10 PM   #58
PMJ
Seeking 9s on M6...

Boost Spike / Lean spike on gear shift

I finally made it to the track. But i have been fighting a boost/lean spike when shifting gears that results in knocking and of course pulled timing. I have another thread with lots of information an theories if anyone else is seeing boost spikes when shifting.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298155

So i did beat my all time best of 11.6 with and 11.1 @ 132. No where near where i should be at this power level, but i never had a clean run w/out knock.

Here is my best run of the night ...clearly lots of room for improvement. I know 99% of my problem is a driver mod, but i have a TPiS TB and RX Super Chiller on the way. My IATs were outragious (which wasn't my problem, but forced me to wait quite a while between passes). I'm also considering changing to a Speed Density tune to help with the lean spike during shifts.
Attached Images

Old 06-04-2013, 11:42 PM   #59
PMJ
Seeking 9s on M6...

Next/last round

OK, so my last round of mods coming up, no seriously this time .

So i decided to stick with the 3" pulley for both street and track (running 14 deg timing street and 19 degree track), however my IATs with the small pulley are through the roof! Running 130-160 around town, and last weekend at the track was upto 200 .

So i've placed my orders and am waiting impatiently:
  • TPiS 102mm throttle body (mentioned prior) to hopefully get another pound of boost and reduce the rate my IATs climb during the run
  • RX Super Chiller to hopefully tame my IATs on the street and just prior to my run down the track
Did i mention w/all the money i've spent on my car in the last year...the wife hasn't been too happy with me.... So she got her pool...we signed the papers last week. So on the way home I mentioned there were a few more things i needed to wrap up on the car ...worked like a charm.
  • Add new set of Bogarts powder coated black
  • Hoosier slicks and M&H skinnies
  • Heritage grill
So now I'm in the market for a trailer...and that's it...I'm done!

I'm hoping the slicks help me mask my terrible launches and drop my 1.8 60' to a 1.6! That will help me get deep into the 10s.

I'll also have some tuning refinement to do to get rid of my lean spike at gear shift...then i'll be golden.

Last edited by PMJ; 06-11-2013 at 01:20 AM.
PMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:20 AM   #60
10 2SS/RS 6M

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 bone stock 9K miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMJ View Post
OK, so my last round of mods coming up, no seriously this time .

So i decided to stick with the 3" pulley for both street and track (running 14 deg timing street and 19 degree track), however my IATs with the small pulley are through the roof! Running 130-160 around town, and last weekend at the track was upto 200 .

So i've placed my orders and am waiting impatiently:
  • TPiS 102mm throttle body (mentioned prior) to hopefully get another pound of boost and reduce the rate my IATs climb during the run
  • RX Super Chiller to hopefully tame my IATs on the street and just prior to my run down the track
Did i mention w/all the money i've spent on my car in the last year...the wife hasn't been too happy with me.... So she got her pool...we signed the papers last week. So on the way home I mentioned there were a few more things i needed to wrap up on the car ...worked like a charm.
  • Add new set of Bogarts powder coated black
  • Hoosier slicks and M&H skinnies
  • Heritage grill
So now I'm in the market for a trailer...and that's it...I'm done!

I'm hope the slicks help me mask my terrible launches and drop my 1.8 60' to a 1.6! That will help me get deep into the 10s.

I'll also have some tuning refinement to do to get rid of my lean spike at gear shift...then i'll be golden.
Your doing a heck of a job getting that beast to run it's ass off! Can't imagine the $ you spent. BUT with this hobby.....YOUR NEVER DONE! LOL! I been there to many times! Just glad to see you enjoy it the way I did/do!
SLP- long tube headers, hi flow cats w/full SLP 3'' PowerFlo exhaust incl/X-pipe, 160 degree stat, SLP Blackwing CAI. Dyno tuned by ECS-407/409RWHP&TQ. BMR- trailing arms w/poly knuckle bushings, toe links, cradle bushings and differential bushings. QA1 rear lower control arms. Hurst short throw shifter, SS- level 4 axles, DSS- aluminum driveshaft, Pfadt- sport 1.5" rear sway-bar. SPOHN 1.25" front sway-bar. Monster LT1-S twin clutch. Prothane motor mounts. Best 1/4 mile so far- 12:70ET @ 112.24 MPH w/ 2.06 second 60'.
SOLD.
10 2SS/RS 6M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:31 AM   #61
PMJ
Seeking 9s on M6...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 2SS/RS 6M View Post
Your doing a heck of a job getting that beast to run it's ass off! Can't imagine the $ you spent. BUT with this hobby.....YOUR NEVER DONE! LOL! I been there to many times! Just glad to see you enjoy it the way I did/do!
Thanks! I am loving every minute of it!
Old 06-10-2013, 09:11 AM   #62
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
BEASTLY! Congrats on COTW
Old 06-10-2013, 09:45 AM   #63
PMJ
Seeking 9s on M6...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
BEASTLY! Congrats on COTW
Thanks, this is a nice surprise.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:08 AM   #64
laditee

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Welcome to the COTW crew...Congrats well deserved
Old 06-10-2013, 04:10 PM   #65
Lycanine

Drives: 2011 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
Congrats on COTW! I love that you work on your car yourself...definitely worthy! I hope my car can sound as beastly as yours someday!
Old 06-10-2013, 05:02 PM   #66
SSMKNU2

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Congrats on COTW, with all the work you've put into your car you definitely deserve it!
Old 06-10-2013, 08:09 PM   #67
PMJ
Seeking 9s on M6...

Thanks all! I'm hoping this current round of Mods also lands me on the fast list in the anything goes street category...then it's on to give road racing a try...
Old 06-11-2013, 05:35 AM   #68
Blackone

Drives: 2011er SS in black!...what else?
Welcome to the COTW crew
Old 06-11-2013, 06:04 AM   #69
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
How are you powdercoating the Bogarts? Rich told me over the winter to NOT powdercoat them. The baking process during the pc will severely weaken the wheels.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:40 AM   #70
PMJ
Seeking 9s on M6...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
How are you powdercoating the Bogarts? Rich told me over the winter to NOT powdercoat them. The baking process during the pc will severely weaken the wheels.
Interesting. Rich is powder coating before he ships. He has some black wheels on his web page. I asked which designs came in black and he said all of them. I also asked if it will impact performance of the wheel and he said no. He offered 2 ways to paint them and powder coat was cheaper. The hub covers can't be powder coated, so he is doing them the other way, but he says they will match.

Maybe he only trusts his powder coater?