Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-29-2011, 01:59 AM   #1
ohioballer

Drives: 2ss/rs black w iom stripe/int
bad battery and steering angle sensor

I noticed a lot of people have been having stabilitrack problems and brake pedal issues so i thought id post this to let everyone know that i recently had all my dash lights (stabilitrack abs traction control check engine) coming on therefor not working. i also had the open then close window show up on the dic whenever i started the car. I also had a vibration in my brakes whenever i use the brake at low speeds. So I took it to the dealer today and they told me i had a bad battery and that my systems werent getting enough juice to stay on and they replaced it.I was told the only light on now is the stabilitrack which is the result of a bad steering angle sensor and they had to order the part. The brakes were a result of the abs being off So hopefully ill get it back tomorrow and let everyone know if that corrects the problem.
ohioballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:37 AM   #2
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
I have never heard of stabilitrack or brake pedal issues.

I have a pre-production model so trust me, I have had my share of problems, but never any stabilitrack or brake pedal issues.

Another thread is here on those issues, but it seems that the driver was at fault actually.
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:37 AM   #3
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Yea I haven't had any issues either. I would maybe have the dealer take a look at it if the problem keeps occurring.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:32 AM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
ohioballer, I hope the next update is the last update for your issues. If you run into any other issues feel free to contact me. I hope to hear good things back from the dealership!

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:08 PM   #5
scottyvegas
X SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRSM6 1988 Sportside
No issue.
MODS: PEDDERS XA COIL OVERS, STAGE 3 CAM, McLEOD CLUTCH, SKIP SHIFT, , HURST SHORT THROW, CAI INTAKE, SCOOP, WASHER RELO KIT, KOOKS HEADERS, KOOKS HI FLOW CATS, CUSTOM TUNE, QTP CUT OUTS, PAINTED STRIPES, PAINTED SS EMBLEMS, PAINTED FIN, PAINTED REAR TAIL LAMP BEZELS, HERITAGE GRILLE, DUCTS, AAC STUFF, BAER ROTORS, HAWK PADS, FUZZY DICE, LASER BEAMS, DISCO BALL, SYBIAN & 3 CHROME VALVE STEM CAPS................
scottyvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:01 PM   #6
Awesome_SS
Jeff

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Jeff Morris - I have tried opening a customer relation case about GM not covering a steering wheel angle sensor that has gone bad. The dealer is telling me it went bad because of the modifications to my engine(B.S.). I can't even get the local GM representative to call me back. Bad business practice! I need to make an appeal and move this higher up. Can you help?

Awesome_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 08:58 PM   #7
Redrage2010

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro
I am having the same problem with my wife's 2010 camaro. I had the battery checked and it was a bad battery. I changed the battery, and the windows down notice went away, but still having issues with the steering. Did that steering sensor fix your problem? Was the steering sensor something that only the dealer can replace? Cost?
Redrage2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 03:32 AM   #8
kville988
Lurking in my SS

Drives: '14 2SS/RS L99
was the issue fixed?
kville988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 08:07 PM   #9
luisquirosr

Drives: Camaro RS 2013
I have the very same issue of the first comment, what exactly change or replace to fix this issue, i think the batterry is a little weird because all the systems of the car works fine, only i have that issue on low speed, when i go faster than 50 km/h all the light turn on and the brake pedal work just fine without vibration
luisquirosr is offline   Reply With Quote