Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 12-03-2009, 07:31 PM   #1597
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Us???? You are such a shooter.
I'll be a full-fledged staff member soon.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:32 PM   #1598
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Give me a link to the thread you are thinking about.

I would say as connected as they are, the Camaro stuff isn't as accurate as it is here in Camaro5.
GM inside news
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:36 AM   #1599
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
As the Z28 hasn't been announced, I'm not sure I believe an announcement about it being cancelled.

The other thread in the Z forum is raising that question.

The biggest threat to cars with V8 engines and high horsepower is CAFE. GM still has to enable the Pickups and Full SUVs. There is a lot of money in those products.

The single biggest reason GM had to go through bankruptcy was the titanic hit to sales of those vehicles. Gas hit 4/gallon and people instantly quit buying full size pickups and SUVs.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:02 PM   #1600
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
As the Z28 hasn't been announced, I'm not sure I believe an announcement about it being cancelled.

The biggest threat to cars with V8 engines and high horsepower is CAFE. GM still has to enable the Pickups and Full SUVs. There is a lot of money in those products.

The single biggest reason GM had to go through bankruptcy was the titanic hit to sales of those vehicles. Gas hit 4/gallon and people instantly quit buying full size pickups and SUVs.
yea well just like with any product that hasn't been announced how do you know if it's on track, behind schedule or even really being made. that's my point. I was just wondering if you thought they may have an inside line to someone inside in the know. but I guess you pretty much believe as I do. thanks.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:05 PM   #1601
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:

thought it was the up and coming emission requirements?
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 08:07 AM   #1602
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

NUMBER 3, i think this thread needs a boost in a bad way. Any thoughts?
Old 12-05-2009, 09:14 AM   #1603
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
NUMBER 3, i think this thread needs a boost in a bad way. Any thoughts?
I agree.

Sitting here in Michigan I am thinking we call the thread Shno's House of Snow. No snow but collllllllld. Brrrrrr.

I think the lack of anything new in the press, not even new speculation has everyone a bit quiet.

Even the LS7/LSA/LS9 threads are quieter.

The big GM news this year will be, and you've seen it at LA, Cruze, CTS Coupe and Volt. My guess is the Convetrible will be the big story in Detroit in January.

I think it's the downside of having a lonnng model run for 2010. It's still 8 months until the 2011s start up.

And has Shno has not been around much, I think we have to add something to this thread to keep it relevant.

Suggestions accepted.......See the proprietor. LOL
Old 12-05-2009, 11:23 AM   #1604
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Yes the convertible will help. In this game like most retail while it's hot gotta keep fanning the flames.
What ever became of GM's interest in a track pack? This would have great press. I can hear it now:

The only thing that allowed the Mustang GT to compete with the Camaro SS was the Camaro's lack of a track pack, but now all that has changed!
Old 12-05-2009, 11:34 AM   #1605
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
I agree.

Sitting here in Michigan I am thinking we call the thread Shno's House of Snow. No snow but collllllllld. Brrrrrr.

I think the lack of anything new in the press, not even new speculation has everyone a bit quiet.

Even the LS7/LSA/LS9 threads are quieter.

The big GM news this year will be, and you've seen it at LA, Cruze, CTS Coupe and Volt. My guess is the Convetrible will be the big story in Detroit in January.

I think it's the downside of having a lonnng model run for 2010. It's still 8 months until the 2011s start up.

And has Shno has not been around much, I think we have to add something to this thread to keep it relevant.

Suggestions accepted.......See the proprietor. LOL
Isn't the XTS concept being shown at Detroit?
Old 12-05-2009, 01:16 PM   #1606
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

just in super secret squrral stuff.

kid rock is in the desert and has a Z28.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:57 PM   #1607
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Yes the convertible will help. In this game like most retail while it's hot gotta keep fanning the flames.
What ever became of GM's interest in a track pack? This would have great press. I can hear it now:

The only thing that allowed the Mustang GT to compete with the Camaro SS was the Camaro's lack of a track pack, but now all that has changed!
There is all kinds of stuff being worked on and discussed and played with. I just can't tell you about it. But a good guess would be if you are thinking about it.............someone at GM is thinking about it too

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Isn't the XTS concept being shown at Detroit?
I haven't seen a list of what will be there this year as far as the teaser show car stuff. What is this XTS you speak of

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
just in super secret squrral stuff.

kid rock is in the desert and has a Z28.
WOW!!!!! What year is his Z28?
Old 12-05-2009, 04:12 PM   #1608
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
I haven't seen a list of what will be there this year as far as the teaser show car stuff. What is this XTS you speak of
Oh you know, Super EpII XTS which I'm sure will look better than the new Audi A8 and its stupidly long front overhang.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:09 PM   #1609
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Oh you know, Super EpII XTS which I'm sure will look better than the new Audi A8 and its stupidly long front overhang.
You are so funny. What the heck is this Super Epsilon II. No one uses that. Seriously, though...........there is no internal nomenclature as such.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:31 PM   #1610
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
You are so funny. What the heck is this Super Epsilon II. No one uses that. Seriously, though...........there is no internal nomenclature as such.
I think only GMI uses it because we don't know what to call the extended version of LWB EpII.

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, thread for the zed, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014