Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 01-08-2014, 12:50 PM   #15
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
LOL... I'm seriously thinking about a different supercharger.. I'd hate to change this thing out every year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by STSL View Post
FYI Magnason has a drop on swap to a 2300
Ever since hearing about your issue Mike I've been thinking what I'm going to do if mine goes out too. Unless I'm in a real bind for cash I'm definitely going with the 2300. Like you've said before, if I were to go with the OEM blower whats to say this won't happen again?

If warranty covers it then fine, but for those of us that are moded it's a good excuse to get the better blower
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:32 PM   #16
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Ever since hearing about your issue Mike I've been thinking what I'm going to do if mine goes out too. Unless I'm in a real bind for cash I'm definitely going with the 2300. Like you've said before, if I were to go with the OEM blower whats to say this won't happen again?

If warranty covers it then fine, but for those of us that are moded it's a good excuse to get the better blower
I wish I could just tell the dealer to give me the 1900 in a box new and let me take the car and fix it with a 2300.

I haven't seen any LSA's with a Maggie. I know there are plenty.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:08 PM   #17
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
I wish I could just tell the dealer to give me the 1900 in a box new and let me take the car and fix it with a 2300.

I haven't seen any LSA's with a Maggie. I know there are plenty.
have you asked them???? pull yours and just sell the replacement unit as new??? that would save them labor but might violate some policy.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:07 PM   #18
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by hognutz View Post
have you asked them???? pull yours and just sell the replacement unit as new??? that would save them labor but might violate some policy.
I was probably asking the question at the same time you posted. Took my Tahoe in for a state inspection. I asked to just take the part let me do the install and just void the warranty from here on out. They said it has to be fixed 100% when it leaves or nothing. I think they make their money from GM from the labor.

I still like the idea of a maggie though. Might do some checking around in the CTSV forums.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:10 PM   #19
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Quote:
I still like the idea of a maggie though. Might do some checking around in the CTSV forums.
Report your findings
Old 01-09-2014, 12:18 AM   #20
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Report your findings
Well I found out one thing. That site sucks. I can't believe how many advertisements they pack in there. Even have to wait through a video to enter the registration spam code. I know I already have an account there but couldn't get lost password to work either. Now I know why I lost the password. To ensure I didn't go back. End rant..

Found more stuff on ls1tech but really not much at all. Seems not many people upgrade the LSA blower from what I see.

I like the Magnuson Heartbeat and sent an e-mail asking them about availability w/ the LSA.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:25 AM   #21
TinyToasta

Drives: way too fast....
Just fyi:
I have a LSA (which was replacing my LS3 after some carnage) with a TVS2300 (the "old" 2010 model). But it's the LSA Block only, all auxiliaries have been taken over from the LS3 - not sure if this helps
CTS-V Brake upgrade, Street: 22'' Vossen CV1, Strip: 18'' Forgestar F14 on MT Street Radials
TinyToasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:48 AM   #22
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Quote:

I like the Magnuson Heartbeat and sent an e-mail asking them about availability w/ the LSA.
That is a sharp looking blower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyToasta View Post
Just fyi:
I have a LSA (which was replacing my LS3 after some carnage) with a TVS2300 (the "old" 2010 model). But it's the LSA Block only, all auxiliaries have been taken over from the LS3 - not sure if this helps
Interesting, good to know!
Old 01-09-2014, 03:50 PM   #23
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
I dropped off my ZL1 off at the dealer this morning. I called my service writer to let him know I was headed that way. I laughed out loud as he could hear the squeal in the background over the phone connection in the car.
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 03:56 PM   #24
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1-V View Post
I dropped off my ZL1 off at the dealer this morning. I called my service writer to let him know I was headed that way. I laughed out loud as he could hear the squeal in the background over the phone connection in the car.
Hope you don't have to wait a month to get one like I did. I hear mines been shipped.. We'll see
Old 01-09-2014, 04:07 PM   #25
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Hope you don't have to wait a month to get one like I did. I hear mines been shipped.. We'll see

I mentioned that to him this morning. He also knew about the joyride/crash of our fellow member jhoop302's ZL1! Word travels fast, bad news even faster! I'm in a new Cadillac XTS thanks to the dealer so I'm okay for now!
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:18 PM   #26
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1-V View Post
I mentioned that to him this morning. He also knew about the joyride/crash of our fellow member jhoop302's ZL1! Word travels fast, bad news even faster! I'm in a new Cadillac XTS thanks to the dealer so I'm okay for now!
Cool.. they are treating you right then..
Old 01-10-2014, 01:30 PM   #27
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Not to take away from this thread. BUT if wanting to use the 2300 from the ZR1, Lingenfelter has an option to use the LSA's accessory drive. Now the question is, does the Eaton 2300 blower have the same issues as the 1900?

http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merc...2#.UtBJYfRDuu9
Old 01-11-2014, 12:40 PM   #28
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Magnuson Heartbeat for LSA

Just got this from the e-mail I sent.

Subject: Re: Heartbeat and LSA

Hi Mike,

Yes, we're going to have a Heartbeat drop-in replacement for the LSA supercharger in about 2 weeks. We're waiting on the final part to come in from the foundry. It will be similar to the Corvette Heartbeat - TVS2300 rotors, twin intercooled, but with taller lids and even bigger intercoolers since there is more hood clearance. It will be priced at $6,490

Stay tuned on our email newsletter and Facebook for more details, and I'll make a note to drop you a line when it's ready.

-Matt