Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-10-2012, 09:32 AM   #43
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by maldon View Post
I forgot to post an update for this. I finally took it to a different Chevrolet dealership, and after a few tries my service rep was able to reproduce the buzzing with the service manager, who *had* to witness it in order to authorize any warranty replacements. Understandable, but still annoying. It seemed like it was only reproducible after the car was warm and driven 5+ miles.

Anyhow, after that, they replaced both mufflers, and the buzzing was gone. Sweet blissful rumble is all that's left.

I really appreciate the work Reliable Chevrolet did to track this down. So many thanks to them for saving my sanity.
It is excellent that your dealership was able to get this issue worked out for you! Please let us know if you have any additional questions or comments!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 03-21-2013, 09:50 PM   #44
EdRedCamaro2
4BC Motorsports

Drives: 2010 1SS
After seeing this TSP and the tap points, I decided to try it myself. My 2010 with 25K miles sounded more like a low pitch tuning fork. It has a beautiful humming sound, definitely not a rattle, that lasted for at least a few seconds after I tapped with a rubber mallet. I guess there are a few of us out there that don't have this problem, thankfully!
Arrived 9/24/09

"In racing, they say that your car goes where your eyes go...I know it's true; racing doesn't lie" The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
EdRedCamaro2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:19 PM   #45
Eatcobrasandshitoutvipers
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro ss
Rattling nosie

I here and rattle on my 2010 ss and it seems to get louder
When I accelerate.. Any ideas? I've heard it could be a rod..
NEED HELP ASAP please..
Eatcobrasandshitoutvipers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:19 PM   #46
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eatcobrasandshitoutvipers View Post
I here and rattle on my 2010 ss and it seems to get louder
When I accelerate.. Any ideas? I've heard it could be a rod..
NEED HELP ASAP please..
Any updates on this concern? I would be more than happy to look into this for you based on the latest status of this situation. Let me know. Here to help!

Kind regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 11-18-2013, 12:56 AM   #47
itlylawboy

Drives: 2017 chevy ss 6 spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Any updates on this concern? I would be more than happy to look into this for you based on the latest status of this situation. Let me know. Here to help!

Kind regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
I just purchased my 2010 ss with 37k miles. I hear the exhaust rattle at low rpm's. I'm assuming they will not replace my mufflers under warranty?
itlylawboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 06:47 PM   #48
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by itlylawboy View Post
I just purchased my 2010 ss with 37k miles. I hear the exhaust rattle at low rpm's. I'm assuming they will not replace my mufflers under warranty?
itlylawboy,

Congrats on your Camaro but sorry that you're hearing an exhaust rattle at low RPMs. I'm unable to say whether mufflers being replaced under warranty is a definite because this is contingent on an official diagnosis at a certified GM dealer. If you'd like assistance with that process, feel free to message me privately and we'll proceed.

Kindly,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:32 PM   #49
Ruebernard

Drives: 2017 GRT 2SS/RS M6 Vert
I purchased my 2011 2SS in May of last year. I complained about the rattling and my dealer said there was memo about insulation missing in the trunk. He said they addressed it but the rattling exists today. My bumper to bumper expired 3/29/2014! Do I have any recourse?
Ruebernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 12:38 PM   #50
tosvus

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, Yellow&Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruebernard View Post
I purchased my 2011 2SS in May of last year. I complained about the rattling and my dealer said there was memo about insulation missing in the trunk. He said they addressed it but the rattling exists today. My bumper to bumper expired 3/29/2014! Do I have any recourse?
bump. I noticed a slight vibration for a while and now it is getting worse. Quite embarrassing I must say... Out of factory warranty but does this count as a recall and they replace anyway?
tosvus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:33 PM   #51
Bigham SS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/LS3
Hate to bring this up again, but has anyone had this issue with the newer model Camaros? I hear some rattling under my vehicle similar to what this thread talks about. Would it be bad if it was left alone? Thanks!
Bigham SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 01:53 AM   #52
motorswin

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS/RS
just had an oil change and a rattle started under my car…whats that about?
Cold Air Inductions Intake
Stainless Power headers and ZL1 exhaust
Dyno by Cunningham Motorsports at 426RWHP
motorswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 02:37 PM   #53
jacksaigon

Drives: Black Camaro
I have this problem as well to a 2010 2SS, it matches exactly what describe in the TBS "This noise is mostly reported when the vehicle is cold and may go away completely when the engine is warm."
My car has been pampered all that time, so I can't say its rattling noise is resulted from neglected care .
I'm seaching for some help and advise from all who experienced this deffect and what you do to get the Dealer/Manufacturer to regconize the problem and provide proper solution.
Thanks.
jacksaigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 04:27 PM   #54
Cwayz

Drives: 2014 rs camaro convertible
I took mine to the dealer twice for this same issue. The first time they did a quick fix which was to bend a tab on the catalytic converter heat sheild. It worked for 2 weeks then started making noise again. The second time i took it back a different (more knowledgeable) service tech he saw that there was a crack in the heatsheild which caused the rattle. They swapped it out per the warranty for free. Havent had the issue since.
Cwayz is offline   Reply With Quote