Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 03-29-2013, 03:01 PM   #29
LS3 Handler
I love the LS3

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS Manual
Well it took about a month to get here but i finally my custom shift knob is here. Shout out to Epco for a great knob. Its looks black but its actually clear black splash so they call it. Basically it starts clear and then they inject black stuff so the black stuff looks like smoke whisps. LS on top and Camaro new style logo on each side in orange. Looks great love it.
Attached Images

LS3 Handler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:37 PM   #30
LS3 Handler
I love the LS3

Well got bored so i decided to Plasti Dip the side marker lamps. I removed the front and back. I have 1/8 inch pinstripe tape laying around so i used that to create the line. I put the tape over where the reflector part starts on the top of the light. After i lit them back up i realized the edgeing around the light was not painted and the light showed through the small gap between the light and the body. So i took them back out and repainted the edges. BTW you will need about 8 coats to keep the light from shining through the paint. Its not led good but not bad. It definitely takes the eye away from the lights and makes them less of an eyesore.
Attached Images

Old 04-03-2013, 10:46 PM   #31
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
That shift knob is gorgeous! Love the plastidip as well! Hadn't thought of that one! Looks really really good!

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:12 PM   #32
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
Love it! Your build is coming along great and I love the Camaro fender emblems!
Old 05-05-2013, 07:11 AM   #33
LS3 Handler
I love the LS3

Catch Can Works

Well im glad that i decided to install the RX Catch Can ASAP on my car after i got it. I drained the can and i did get a bit of oil out of it which i am so happy to know it works. Its also great to know only just a bit came out after 5000 miles that includes a day at the strip and IDK how many WOT fun times. Im not hard on my car i just drive it how i feel. I cant belive i already have 9500 miles on it and im changing the oil for the second time. Time flys when your having fun . Anyway it only filled this standard red cup to the bottom start of the design.
Attached Images

Old 05-26-2013, 11:48 AM   #34
LS3 Handler
I love the LS3

Well i guess you could say i won 2nd at a car show. Its a small victory though as there was poor turnout even though it was a nice day prolly due to poor advertising. I just happened to be at a festival and they had a car show spot set up so i just drove over and entered and then left to go check out the festival. Well only 10 or so cars showed up. Out of the General Motors category i got 2nd a fully restored 57 Belair got 1st and i some how beat a restored 31 pontiac convertable as it placed 3rd and last was a nice 87 Monte Carlo SS 305. Its kind a funny too because the trophys placard had been messed up by the company who made them so it says 2nd place Corvette instead of 2nd Place General Motors.
Attached Images

Old 06-08-2013, 03:15 PM   #35
LS3 Handler
I love the LS3

Well after forgetting and leaving my window cracked over night and it raining the next day I decided to install some window vents. I had them on my old vehicle and they worked great. Idk how there going to do on the Camaro. They don't look bad and you can hardly tell their there. The only problem I have is they don't seem to over lap on the window too much so you cant leave a big crack in the window to let air pass through. Its not the companies fault its just the way the Camaro is made. On a car with the window frame on the door the vents work great because they stay on the door and can be made long to allow for a good gap. But sence the Camaro has the upper window seal made on the body it makes it difficult to make a good long overlap. Because the window vent has to stay on the body and the window has to pass under it to open the door. I found that having one person slowly open and shut the door as your installing it make the install easier and so you can mount the vent as low as possible without it hitting the window.
Attached Images

Old 06-08-2013, 03:42 PM   #36
jdcvictory11
Sonja

Drives: '11 LT/RS, '95 Camaro Conv.
Your car looks really good. I really like the side Camaro emblems and that shift knob. What a great custom touch.
jdcvictory11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:50 PM   #37
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Why is your sink full of marbles?
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:04 AM   #38
SAVDawg

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Being that you have an LS, how where you able to install the guages in front of the shift like the SS?
SAVDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:21 AM   #39
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAVDawg View Post
Being that you have an LS, how where you able to install the guages in front of the shift like the SS?
There's a plug and play kit

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:52 AM   #40
LS3 Handler
I love the LS3

ChadG haha I had those in there cause I have a 75 Gal fish tank and I was using those as bottom rocks and I was cleaning them. and SAVDawg as far as I know you can get the 4 Guage pack on any model Camaro just as lscamaro says it plug and play you just have to order the right one and it takes about 10 mins to install your self.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:29 AM   #41
LS3 Handler
I love the LS3

This weekend I participated in the 3rd Annual Camaros for Heros event in Fayetteville NC and had a great time. First thing was a Cruise that had about 70-80 Camaros of various Gen's mostly 5th Gens though. On Sat. was the main event with a Car Show, 1/4 mile strip with bracket racing and a Mobile dyno. There was even a 2014 SS, the Tony Stewart Concept ZL1 and a new Touring edition ZL1 with a new green color. On the dyno I laid down 268 HP and 232 TQ and a best 1/4 time of 14.83 @ 95 MPH. I was knocked out in the first round of the bracket racing due to my tranny locking me out of 2nd gear again. It could have been my fault though I may have taken it a little past red line but im not real sure but the locking out is getting irritating. I also got a trophy for being in the top 50 cars out of the car show and with anywhere from 120-150 Camaro out there I was happy.
Attached Images

Last edited by LS3 Handler; 06-17-2013 at 08:39 AM.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:36 AM   #42
LS3 Handler
I love the LS3

During the CFH event there was an auction where a got an amazing deal on a rear diffuser. IDK what brand it is but it looks good now I just need some bigger tips. But I did have a bit of bad luck as on the way to the event a car came flying past me and when it merged in front of me it through a rock up which chipped the windshield that now has a 6-8" crack in it.
Attached Images