Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 10:25 AM   #43
Fandango
(In Z/28 Therapy)

Drives: 2014 SS Camaro (Sookie)
Send a message via AIM to Fandango
Do you guys think they will have the "bumblebee" paint scheme available for the SS? Had to ask that for my wife's sake. I think they may only have it for the V6. I'm holding out for an SS anyway. I like red with black stripes.

**On a really, really important note**

The last post reminded me about what was the first CD, song that I would play in my new Camaro. Back in Black was going to be one of my choices. I was thinking American Badass by Kid Rock as my first song, CD. Other than listening to the 400 some odd ponies under my hood when I first get in for the first few minutes, I'll be jammin out afterwards.

What will you listen to???
Old 03-16-2008, 10:33 AM   #44
91t/a
Student Athlete

Drives: 1991 trans am vert. 1 of 555.
personally, id rather them stay away from the supercharger...more things to go wrong, and just drop in an LS7! Chevy has never really needed a s/c to woop up and i dont know why they should change now!?
Old 03-16-2008, 10:35 AM   #45
wlvrine

Drives: 2013 HW Edition
Stripes???

Not to rain on anyones awesome parade, but couldn't you have waited for it to pull up just a little more????
Still, it's better than nothing!
And, finally it's getting closer to my part of the country!
Can't wait to see it strolling down the LV Strip.... with me in it of course!!!
I can do without the stripes.
PEACE
Old 03-16-2008, 10:37 AM   #46
TheNewDamage
GM For Life

Drives: Corvette & Reatta
While I prefer the original SS stripe and hockey stick shapes and colors I cant blame the designers for wanting some independence of design rather than just a slavish recreation of the past. And who knows, maybe they even want to create some Camaro history of their own. And from what I have seen they might just be doing that. With current technology they can get a tremendoues amount of ponies to the ground and still keep the tree huggers (somewhat) off their backs. I have been a 'vette guy the last few years and had actually planned on a CTS as my next car but damn these are some sharp looking cars.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:46 AM   #47
robbie9999

Drives: 1966 GTO
Guys... I am loving the new convertible coming out saw it live at the Toronto auto show ... here's the thing... the product speacilist told me 65k for the convertable with the big wheel package blah blah blah ... I do want the car, but the more I think about it,
1. The price for the car is too much
2. The will depreciate quickly...
3. Take a look at a used new mustang 2 or 3 years old. The lose value fast I am not getting caught up in the hype - love the car ... I mean LOVE IT but I will wait to see a. if it will look like the concept b. what the final price is out the door
4. All these spy spots are great but do you not get the feeling that it really looks the same as most other cars on the road... maybe I am just high.... And losing it ... the car has to look like the concept for me to be sucked in
Old 03-16-2008, 10:47 AM   #48
Moosen75

Drives: Junk til 2008
Send a message via AIM to Moosen75
that has to be something more than an ss if it is supercharged because i thought that there was only gonna be a base (V6) and a ss (LS3)? perhaps the z28 is gonna be the top dog once again??
Old 03-16-2008, 11:01 AM   #49
Omega94

Drives: 1994 Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie9999 View Post
Guys... I am loving the new convertible coming out saw it live at the Toronto auto show ... here's the thing... the product speacilist told me 65k for the convertable with the big wheel package blah blah blah ... I do want the car, but the more I think about it,
3. Take a look at a used new mustang 2 or 3 years old. The lose value fast I am not getting caught up in the hype - love the car ... I mean LOVE IT but I will wait to see a. if it will look like the concept b. what the final price is out the door
4. All these spy spots are great but do you not get the feeling that it really looks the same as most other cars on the road... maybe I am just high.... And losing it ... the car has to look like the concept for me to be sucked in
Hmm...don't believe 65k...that is an astronomical number for a Camaro. I don't care if it's the most powerful engine, a convertible, and has a big wheel package...it won't come in at 65k...that's Corvette territory...in fact, that's edging in on the Z06...granted still roughly 10k away, but still...65k was/is a rediculous figure for this vert. So I say, just wait for the official figures...you'll be surprised!!

1994 Camaro 3.4l V6, 5-speed, SLP Loudmouth I cat-back exhaust.
It's loud, slow as all get out, but loud
No more money going into this one...everything's being saved for my 5th Gen.
2010 Camaro SS 6-speed, Black/Black
Old 03-16-2008, 11:08 AM   #50
Jay

Drives: Audi A4
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie9999 View Post

dude either you were really high when you posted this, lol..... or someone is screwin with you man....65k......who told you that.... you shoulda slapped this person on site! I bet you'll be able to get two convertibles for that price almost.

"HEAVEN JUST COULDN'T HANDLE ALL THE NOISE"
JAY
Old 03-16-2008, 11:08 AM   #51
comiskeybum
Banned

Drives: 2010 Chevy Equinox LS
Honestly I am liking this car less and less. That SS looks like a glorified street legal funny car. And it looks horrible in white.

Honestly the Shelby mustang with racing stripes looks better and ive been a chevy fan all my life.......sorry
Old 03-16-2008, 11:08 AM   #52
smike07

Drives: 1998 convertible Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by balonywolf View Post
How many Christmas mornings am I going to have this year?

I'm in agreement about the hockey stripe. I hope there are a lot of options when it comes to srtiping on the car. For me, it's either the racing stripes or nothing at all.
I agree with that. I like having the ability to pick what I want. Sure, the stripes are cool, but not my cup 'o tea. I'll take either the two running up the middle, or nothing at all. In the way of a S/C... I'm intrigued!
Old 03-16-2008, 11:09 AM   #53
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
XCELLENT pics im in love again.

but to me that doesnt look like SS stripes to be honest it looks more like ZL1 type striping. seriously take a look at the 00-02 zl1 camaro the striping is the same style. im hoping this is the zl1 because i personly wouldnt like that type of striping on my ss, altho is it is SEXC!!
Old 03-16-2008, 11:09 AM   #54
camero

Drives: IOM V6 RS 38808
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69copo View Post
I am wondering about the whistling sound. It would lead me to think that it is supercharged as well except for one thing......the hood vent is not open. It would stand to reason the the General would open the vent on an S/C car. I'm thinking the whistiling noise might just be the pulleys on a high compression engine. It is getting really exciting on the boards now all these finds are great!
The upper fascia vent can't be opened because the hood latch is right behind it!
Isn't it amazing though, that GM has so many unbelievable performance engines to choose from in this day and age? I still remember the late 70's when there was NOTHING.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:10 AM   #55
Jay

Drives: Audi A4
Is it just me.....or those hockey stripes look a lot like one of Dragon's creations from the photoshop thread, LOL!!!

"HEAVEN JUST COULDN'T HANDLE ALL THE NOISE"
JAY
Old 03-16-2008, 11:11 AM   #56
sdimess84

Drives: 1996 SS S10
This has made my week a little better! Nice find

Closed Thread