Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-01-2009, 04:00 PM   #29
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
We also have an LLT in our Acadia.... We got that back in February and was impressed with it then at only 270 HP... LOL
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:33 AM   #30
Art Witwicky

Drives: An Autobot
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakeequalshyphy View Post
The v6 is fast. I don't care what anyone else says
Art Witwicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 03:08 AM   #31
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
This v6 murders all v6s in the market right now, it needs the weight to stay on the ground pal.

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

ORDER STATUS : 6000 as of 08.18.2009. VIN# 33,985!!! His name is 'GOLIATH'!!!

GOT MY CAR!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!
JewelZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:26 AM   #32
2bravo

Drives: Empty
Quote:
Originally Posted by JewelZ View Post
This v6 murders all v6s in the market right now, it needs the weight to stay on the ground pal.
That was awesome!
2bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:21 PM   #33
Oshawan

Drives: Camaro
I have had my v6 for 3 months - still surprised at it's power.
Oshawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:45 PM   #34
faninc

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS in SIM
when my foot gets stuck on the brake and gas pedal and the wheels start spinning, smoking and chirping it seems powerful to me. I hate when that happnes-LOL
faninc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 07:01 PM   #35
mike25

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
I will say this...i recieved my car today, and comming into this i was too questioning the power of this motor. comming from a cobalt ss inline 4 with a 5 speed, i am here to say this thing HAULS ASS. this motor is extremely robust, and i can easily understand why it amongst the top cars in its class. this thing pulls from the time you give it gas to the time you let off, and i must say, regardless of what others say, it will lay you back in your seat, as much as my uncles 02 corvette does with a manual. i cannot wait to get my corsa for her, because that motor sounds like pure sex from inside the car itself.

GET THE V6!!! YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT AT ALL!
2LT/RS M6 CGM VIN#53104 SOLD

2012 Black 2SS/RS w/ Hurst-

Mods:
Corsa catback, SSE, Vararam
mike25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:28 AM   #36
ZeeTwentyFour
Does not have a Camaro

Drives: 99 silverado Z71/66 Chevelle SS
Send a message via AIM to ZeeTwentyFour
I haven't even driven a V6 camaro and it should be plenty. I test drove a LY7 CTS today and that thing moved! I can only imagine what a CTS or camaro feels like with a LLT in it!!
Old 10-18-2009, 08:38 AM   #37
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeTwentyFour View Post
I haven't even driven a V6 camaro and it should be plenty. I test drove a LY7 CTS today and that thing moved! I can only imagine what a CTS or camaro feels like with a LLT in it!!
Zee, I have a STS and it has the same motor, and as you know its a bit heavier, and it hauls a$$, once I got my Camaro, then I was REALLY impressed. you still get people asking why you didn't get the V8, but they have no clue, and once you tell them its got 304 h.p. their eyes open wide and say things like "REALLY?? ARE YOU SERIOUS??" then they get quite.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:21 AM   #38
esperman
You Can Call Me Jay

Drives: 2010 1LT RJT Manual w/CAI & Solo
I haven't done any timed runs yet. But I have to say I'm even more impressed with the 3.6 now that I have my RJT 6 manual. Before I ordered I test drove a transfomers RS automatic for an hour or so. I thought that car ran pretty well..a bit soft at take off..but still quick.

After driving a manual....it feels almost like a different car. This motor loves to rev....and the manual gearing makes a difference.

Not sure numbers wise...but I can feel it. No soft launches now.

If you don't need an automatic for daily commutes...I would recommend you seriously consider the manual.
esperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:28 AM   #39
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Zee, I have a STS and it has the same motor, and as you know its a bit heavier, and it hauls a$$, once I got my Camaro, then I was REALLY impressed. you still get people asking why you didn't get the V8, but they have no clue, and once you tell them its got 304 h.p. their eyes open wide and say things like "REALLY?? ARE YOU SERIOUS??" then they get quite.
same kind of thing here... Bought the wife and Acadia last February and was very impressed the way the LLT in the Acadia pushed that big thing around... so I had no hesitation buying the V6 Camaro... Besides... I already had www.v6john.com! LOL!
Old 10-18-2009, 09:32 AM   #40
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by esperman View Post
I haven't done any timed runs yet. But I have to say I'm even more impressed with the 3.6 now that I have my RJT 6 manual. Before I ordered I test drove a transfomers RS automatic for an hour or so. I thought that car ran pretty well..a bit soft at take off..but still quick.

After driving a manual....it feels almost like a different car. This motor loves to rev....and the manual gearing makes a difference.

Not sure numbers wise...but I can feel it. No soft launches now.

If you don't need an automatic for daily commutes...I would recommend you seriously consider the manual.
yeah, the auto is a bit soft if you just drive with your right foot... You need to drive with both feet! LOL! The key to getting a nice hard launch is to FLASH the converter..

For those unfamiliar with "flashing"

"Flash occurs the instant you release the foot-brake and the rotating inertia (which is "stored" in the engine-flexplate-converter) is released. This flash speed can be anywhere from 500-2500 RPM higher than the foot-brake-stall speed. In a racecar, the typical “flash –the-converter process” usually works like this: Stage at idle, hold the brakes with one foot and "flash" the converter (flooring the gas pedal with the other foot, and simultaneously releasing the foot-brake) the instant the last yellow on the Christmas Tree comes on. The sensation is a form of “slingshot” effect as the car leaves. Some cars work better by flashing the converter. Some combinations work better by outright stalling the converter."

(from http://www.competitionplus.com/03_25...confusion.html)

Using this method I've pulled I consistently pull 2.0 to 2.1 60' times... which is pretty darn good for big 20" street tires!
Old 10-18-2009, 06:01 PM   #41
esperman
You Can Call Me Jay

Drives: 2010 1LT RJT Manual w/CAI & Solo
just an update on driving my manual. Today I decided to let loose and see what she'll do.
(I've been loading the engine for performance breakin method..never hard off a stand still though).

DAMN! Layed rubber in 1st past 6K and then some scratch hitting 2nd. This engine reminds me of my old built 350 Chevy.
Not too bad for 217 cubic inches!

REALLY glad I got the manual.

Last edited by esperman; 10-18-2009 at 06:26 PM.
esperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:45 PM   #42
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Plenty of get up and go for me, the 6 speed makes all the difference