Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 05-17-2013, 06:02 PM   #1
Rudra the destroyer

Drives: 2012 camaro 2SS/RS LS3 M6
HUD issues

I was cruising around town yesterday afternoon when all of a sudden my heads up display just shut off. I tried turning the HUD on and off and pushing the page change button but nothing happened. After making it back home i disconnected the battery for about 30min. Once reconnected the HUD still didn't come back on. Everything else in the dash is working perfectly. Has anyone else ran into this issue, if so how did you fix it?
Rudra the destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:25 PM   #2
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
Did you check the fuse for the HUD? On my 2011 it is in the fuse panel by the drivers door.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:37 PM   #3
benji1997

Drives: 2013 IOM 2LT/RS M6
Send a message via Skype™ to benji1997
It looks like a warranty problem. Why screw around yourself?
benji1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:47 PM   #4
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
I agree. Don't touch anything that's under warranty. You need to have every fault documented (in case it becomes an issue later) and you don't want to give them a reason to deny warranty work.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:38 AM   #5
Rudra the destroyer

Drives: 2012 camaro 2SS/RS LS3 M6
Thanx for the feedback guys. Took the car to the dealer yesterday afternoon, turns out the HUD burned itself out and have to be replaced.
Rudra the destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:30 AM   #6
benji1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra the destroyer View Post
Thanx for the feedback guys. Took the car to the dealer yesterday afternoon, turns out the HUD burned itself out and have to be replaced.
You must be abusing your HUD. Turn your HUD off whennot in use. Conserve HUD! J/K
Old 05-18-2013, 07:51 AM   #7
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra the destroyer View Post
Greetings,

Sorry to hear about the HUD. I'm happy you've involved a dealer. Could you send me a PM so I can look into these matters?

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-18-2013, 06:45 PM   #8
benji1997

Just wondering if anyone else has had a re-occurring issue with the radio information feed to HUD not working consistently. It seems now that every other time I go for a drive, one time it works beautifully, the next time nada. When the radio information isn't showing up, I try the navigation to see if that is still appearing on the HUD and it is. This is another one of those "small, non-performance related" issues that I am paying for to work, and just isn't consistently working. I have already brought to the local service manager's attention and I don't think he felt it was important enough to call the factory about. I will continue to pressure him Monday. If anyone else has this issue or something related to it, please bring it to your SM's attention. If enough people complain, maybe a fix will be forthcoming.
Old 05-19-2013, 04:24 PM   #9
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by benji1997 View Post
Just wondering if anyone else has had a re-occurring issue with the radio information feed to HUD not working consistently. It seems now that every other time I go for a drive, one time it works beautifully, the next time nada. When the radio information isn't showing up, I try the navigation to see if that is still appearing on the HUD and it is. This is another one of those "small, non-performance related" issues that I am paying for to work, and just isn't consistently working. I have already brought to the local service manager's attention and I don't think he felt it was important enough to call the factory about. I will continue to pressure him Monday. If anyone else has this issue or something related to it, please bring it to your SM's attention. If enough people complain, maybe a fix will be forthcoming.
Hello benji1997,

Sorry you're experiencing this issue with your radio and HUD system. I understand your frustration. If you don't mind, I would like to get involved to assist you with this problem. Could you private message me your VIN, current mileage, full name, address, phone contact and your involved dealers name and number? I will then be able to investigate further.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-30-2013, 05:16 PM   #10
SMason

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red RS LT2
Hi Guys, I'm new to the Forum. I've had my car for only two weeks and I'm having the same issue with my HUD. I thought that it was something that I was doing. Now it looks like I'll have to make another trip to the service department.
SMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:01 PM   #11
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMason View Post
Hi Guys, I'm new to the Forum. I've had my car for only two weeks and I'm having the same issue with my HUD. I thought that it was something that I was doing. Now it looks like I'll have to make another trip to the service department.
SMason,

Welcome to Camaro5! Sincere apologies upon hearing about the HUD. I would be more than happy to schedule an appointment for you at a GM dealer and monitor the repair. Feel free to send me a PM and reference the concern you mentioned here.

Best regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 02-18-2014, 09:38 AM   #12
SSteven

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
I got my 2012 2ss about 6 months ago (Aug 2013) and my HUD turned off once during the first week I had it. It came back next time I started it up, so I figured I had pressed something.

Fast forward to last weekend and it happened again. Tried on/off several times, checked obd for errors, reset ecm, but nothing worked this time.

At the dealer now having them check it out. Got the car last August new, so warranty should cover...will update later.

EDIT: HUD unit is bad, so they are ordering a replacement part which they will replace under warranty and provide a loaner while they work on it.

Previous Camaro (sold 11/2015): 2012 2SS - Auto/RS/Black/Sunroof/MyLink Nav/SP 1 7/8" LT Headers w/HF Cats/Hybrid SW Retro Catback w/Borla Pro XS Mufflers/ADM Dyno Tune/C.A.I. CAI/Vmax Spiral Ported Throttle Body/APEX Catch Can/275x4 Squared Wheel Setup/Custom Fit Full Size Spare/Ceramic Tint
Replaced with 2013 Black Dodge Charger SRT8

Last edited by SSteven; 02-18-2014 at 12:19 PM.
SSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:33 PM   #13
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSteven View Post
I got my 2012 2ss about 6 months ago (Aug 2013) and my HUD turned off once during the first week I had it. It came back next time I started it up, so I figured I had pressed something.

Fast forward to last weekend and it happened again. Tried on/off several times, checked obd for errors, reset ecm, but nothing worked this time.

At the dealer now having them check it out. Got the car last August new, so warranty should cover...will update later.

EDIT: HUD unit is bad, so they are ordering a replacement part which they will replace under warranty and provide a loaner while they work on it.
Thanks for the response,

Looking forwarding to your updates .

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:16 AM   #14
Cmlloveless

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
So I havn't been on the forums in a bit, but I have to say that I am amazed that there is someone on here responding to issues from Chevy Customer Service! I have never seen that before!

Sorry you can get back on topic now.
Cmlloveless is offline   Reply With Quote