Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 03-08-2014, 09:17 PM   #1
Deezee

Drives: 2013 SS/RS
BMR and Apex...lets put the power down!

So after a bunch of help from Chase@apex, BMR, Blazzin, and a handful of others I just placed an order with apex to start putting my power to the ground better! Next up is 17" Weld Racing wheels! Parts ordered (In prep for the wheels) Now if I could just pick between the s71's and s77's....

All BMR parts ordered in red
BMR split drop lowering springs (SP025)
BMR (New soon to be released) non-adjustable lower control arms (TCA028)
BMR non-adjustable trailing arms (TCA026)
BMR outer trailing arm bushings (BK006)
BMR adjustable toe rods (TR003)
BMR Bushing Kit, Rear, Upper Control Arm, Delrin (BK039)
BMR Rear Cradle Bushing Kit, Full Bushing, Pro Version (BK024)
Hawk HPS pads front/rear
Gorilla wheel locks in black

I have a few build threads floating around on here. But the car is a 13 2SS/RS M6. Full bolt ons/NF cam car making 500whp. Once the wheels are on and traction is fixed it's getting a blower and meth. Should see 700whp or so. Ill post up pics as I install the parts! Some parts are still a few weeks out (2013 LCA's) and I'm waiting to see the s77's mounted before I decide on the Welds.
Deezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:06 PM   #2
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Killer list of parts!!! Hopefully, those new TCA028's "should" be ready to go soon!!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:21 PM   #3
sanjosebmx

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
that free ship/ 20% offer was / is so tempting..
Old 03-10-2014, 06:43 PM   #4
Suprslo

Drives: 2013 SS
Any idea when the new lowers will be ready?
Suprslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 06:53 PM   #5
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
BMR is going to be making a killing. Hopefully they can keep up.
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:07 PM   #6
Deezee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprslo View Post
Any idea when the new lowers will be ready?
From BMR 2-3weeks. Ill post up pics when I get it all done. Need to order the wheels now
Old 03-10-2014, 07:23 PM   #7
Suprslo

Thanks. I was was told 2 weeks about 2 weeks ago lol. I'm really wanting them in time for pony wars this month.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:47 AM   #8
BMR Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezee View Post
From BMR 2-3weeks. Ill post up pics when I get it all done. Need to order the wheels now
That's a pretty good estimate!

Quote:
Thanks. I was was told 2 weeks about 2 weeks ago lol. I'm really wanting them in time for pony wars this month.
We will try our best!!! If you have already placed an order....that gives us more demand in our system for the part number!!! The more demand we get, the more probability of a quicker release!!! I'm pushing our managers every day to get these going, I'll keep you guys updated. Just out of curiosity, are you after the TCA028's or 29's???
Old 03-11-2014, 11:13 AM   #9
Deezee

Mine is 28's and they will be the hold up on EVERYTHNG since I'm doing it all at once then putting my welds on! Ordering this week

BMR, can you give me an order I should install my parts listed please? So I don't have to redo any steps! Thanks

Also, I'm assuming I need to time my bushings after this? Is there a link to show how? I've never done it before
Old 03-11-2014, 11:18 AM   #10
Suprslo

I've been in touch with Kyle. I haven't placed an order yet. I too just installed 17 inch welds. He is suppose to call me when they are ready.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:39 PM   #11
BMR Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezee View Post
Mine is 28's and they will be the hold up on EVERYTHNG since I'm doing it all at once then putting my welds on! Ordering this week

BMR, can you give me an order I should install my parts listed please? So I don't have to redo any steps! Thanks

Also, I'm assuming I need to time my bushings after this? Is there a link to show how? I've never done it before
I would work on installing the cradle bushings and rear upper control arm bushings first, those can both be replaced prior to receiving the other parts. Next, you could do the Trailing Arms, Outer T/A bushings, and Toe Rods. And lastly, once you get your LCA's, you can work on those and the springs.

Timing the bushings is best done at the alignment shop while it's up on the rack. Basically, you just need to torque down all the "bushed" connection points with the full weight of the car on the suspension. That's why it's easier done up on the rack. Trying to get to some of those bolts while it's on the ground is difficult. I suppose if you back it up on ramps, that will work also!

Quote:
I've been in touch with Kyle. I haven't placed an order yet. I too just installed 17 inch welds. He is suppose to call me when they are ready.
Okay, that's fine, but if you are sure that you are going to order them, it would be a good idea to go ahead and order them now. As mentioned, the increased demand in our system will help to increase the priority!!! Just FYI...we don't charge the card until the item is ready to ship.