Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 03-22-2015, 04:38 PM   #85
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
The DR's are coming next month for the 20's, then a set of 17's for the rear for the track. I did a lot of research about hp tolerances for the LS3 and I don't get the impression that there is a large group of people hiding their failed motors from the rest of us to keep the illusion that 800whp is safe on a stock bottom end. Truth is I've found failures at all power levels for a variety of different reasons. At my power level I feel comfortable, next is a BAP my FP is dipping a little low for my comfort zone. Once the BAP is installed I'll turn up the boost and get the car a little closer to the edge of what I personally am comfortable with.

The build cost more than I feel comfortable stating in a public forum, if you really want to know what it all cost pm me and I'll get u close.

As for FSP there a top quality shop that frankly has a lot of work, so much that I am still trying to finish some of my business with Matt. He barely has time to respond to text messages or emails and you can forget about calling the shop. That's been my experience anyway. If I had it to do all over again I think I would have found someone who is a little more available. I am not bashing anybody but for the amount of money I spent our business should be resolved and communication should be a given.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 04:53 PM   #86
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
The DR's are coming next month for the 20's, then a set of 17's for the rear for the track. I did a lot of research about hp tolerances for the LS3 and I don't get the impression that there is a large group of people hiding their failed motors from the rest of us to keep the illusion that 800whp is safe on a stock bottom end. Truth is I've found failures at all power levels for a variety of different reasons. At my power level I feel comfortable, next is a BAP my FP is dipping a little low for my comfort zone. Once the BAP is installed I'll turn up the boost and get the car a little closer to the edge of what I personally am comfortable with.

The build cost more than I feel comfortable stating in a public forum, if you really want to know what it all cost pm me and I'll get u close.

As for FSP there a top quality shop that frankly has a lot of work, so much that I am still trying to finish some of my business with Matt. He barely has time to respond to text messages or emails and you can forget about calling the shop. That's been my experience anyway. If I had it to do all over again I think I would have found someone who is a little more available. I am not bashing anybody but for the amount of money I spent our business should be resolved and communication should be a given.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good on the Drs. I bet you'll see a big difference. Street tires, even the good ones, they spin even at bolt-on levels. Your power level, I bet you're just spinning. Another question tho, have you gone to the track just for fun? Even if you can't launch it the way you want you should still be able to get a crazy MPH and have a blast whipping it!!

And I agree that it comes down to what you are comfortable with. Back a couple years ago I was looking for 700 to the wheels. But lately I decided that 550-600 is good enough for me. I wish I had that aggressive thinking again, I miss thinking like that. But after seeing a friend of mine trash his engine I got paranoid, lol!!

I can kind of guess what it may have costed based on the list. And yea it gets frustrating when a shop has no time for you. Its kinda like you're old news. Like they got their money outta ya and had fun with ya and now they're on to the next one. But I've seen all shops do that. Even if you went elsewhere you'd have the same problem. They have grade A customer service when they're trying to get your business. It diminishes when you get the car to them. It diminishes even more when they're working on it. Once you're out the door, you'd have an easier time getting the President to come to a dive bar with you, lol!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 06:39 PM   #87
1KillerSS

The snow just melted, and unless I have read the track schedule wrong, I can't go till the 1st of May. Which is about the time ill have some decent tires.

Another BIG thanks to everyone that contributed to this thread, your input has really made a big difference. I have absolutely no regrets that I went TT's. Thank you to AGP, for answering all of my silly questions before the sale and after, But I do have a bone to pick with them.....I never got any AGP stickers for my car. ....I am having a blast. Now that the snow has melted I just look for excuses to take it for a spin. Not that I need one.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
Old 03-22-2015, 09:45 PM   #88
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
The snow just melted, and unless I have read the track schedule wrong, I can't go till the 1st of May. Which is about the time ill have some decent tires.

Another BIG thanks to everyone that contributed to this thread, your input has really made a big difference. I have absolutely no regrets that I went TT's. Thank you to AGP, for answering all of my silly questions before the sale and after, But I do have a bone to pick with them.....I never got any AGP stickers for my car. ....I am having a blast. Now that the snow has melted I just look for excuses to take it for a spin. Not that I need one.
Scuses not required... Drive it like you stole it...

You want stickers, I got truck loads of them you can have...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 09:51 PM   #89
1KillerSS

Right!

On a serious note, I'll take some AGP window decals, if your willing to part with them. I have never been one to put stuff like that on my car, but it only seems appropriate that I show my enthusiasm for their product.

I did manage to snag a "TT" emblem from FSP, I put it just under the white SS on the rear of the car. Most people don't really figure it out until they hear that PSSST sound from the turbos, as I walk away from them at 1/4 throttle

Build thread
Old 03-22-2015, 10:12 PM   #90
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Right!

On a serious note, I'll take some AGP window decals, if your willing to part with them. I have never been one to put stuff like that on my car, but it only seems appropriate that I show my enthusiasm for their product.

I did manage to snag a "TT" emblem from FSP, I put it just under the white SS on the rear of the car. Most people don't really figure it out until they hear that PSSST sound from the turbos, as I walk away from them at 1/4 throttle
Lol, that's one of the few I don't have... My turbo kit is custom in house..

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 02:01 PM   #91
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post

I can kind of guess what it may have costed based on the list. And yea it gets frustrating when a shop has no time for you. Its kinda like you're old news. Like they got their money outta ya and had fun with ya and now they're on to the next one. But I've seen all shops do that. Even if you went elsewhere you'd have the same problem. They have grade A customer service when they're trying to get your business. It diminishes when you get the car to them. It diminishes even more when they're working on it. Once you're out the door, you'd have an easier time getting the President to come to a dive bar with you, lol!!
Yep agreed, I have dropped the ball on communicating with KillerSS during the post build period time. No excuse for this, we have been communicating most of today and should have this all rectified. I try to be available as much as I can including weekends too, answering texts Sunday nights but stuff does get past me being a small business. Once again no excuse on this, I am hard to get a hold of that's why I give out my personal cell and accepts texts all day and night.
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 02:12 PM   #92
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
He does. I know.
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 02:13 PM   #93
1KillerSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt @ FSP View Post
Yep agreed, I have dropped the ball on communicating with KillerSS during the post build period time. No excuse for this, we have been communicating most of today and should have this all rectified. I try to be available as much as I can including weekends too, answering texts Sunday nights but stuff does get past me being a small business. Once again no excuse on this, I am hard to get a hold of that's why I give out my personal cell and accepts texts all day and night.
Man I gotta say, you really are a pro, thank you very much for taking care of me today, and in the past. People get busy, and when your in high demand because you do quality work and have a excellent reputation, well, people bumrush your door. I again thank you for everything in the past and especially today. Somethimes time just gets ahead of us, next thing we know not days, but weeks pass and were so busy trying to keep everybody happy, the truth is you just cant keep them all happy.

As for the after the sale/install support that BlaqWhole was referring to, I never got the impression that "hey your out the door see ya" nor was treated that way. Matt has helped me on more than a few occasions. while on off days and at odd hours, where most just turn off there phone. The only thing I felt I stated. I have been in the past and today treated like a true valued costomer. If anybody chooses to read my build thread you'll see that I have always spoken highly of FSP.

Thanks again Matt and crew.

Build thread
Old 03-23-2015, 03:15 PM   #94
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
Matt helps me all the time and I don't even buy stuff from him
Old 03-23-2015, 03:39 PM   #95
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Agreed with all of the above. Having the right shop to work with you is more important than FI style or which kit you choose. The shop can help you make informed decisions and a good shop will stand behind the their work and help even after the install.

If you are really experienced with FI builds then the decision can be kit first, but if you are not it should be shop first. Then later you might be able to make informed decisions on your own.
Old 03-23-2015, 03:54 PM   #96
AGP Turbo

Drives: All things Turbocharged
Quote:

Send me an address to mail you some stickers
AGP Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 04:46 PM   #97
1KillerSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGP Turbo View Post
Send me an address to mail you some stickers
Very cool! Sent.

Build thread
Old 03-23-2015, 07:51 PM   #98
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt @ FSP View Post
I accept it as part of what you have to deal with. It sucks and it is annoying. But usually the shops I have dealt with just contact me when they have time and I go from there. Or I set up appointments to call them or visit. After a while you find ways around it. So it isn't really that big a deal. If it is something urgent then that is a different story. Otherwise it is just a bit of an inconvenience, But in this sport there are lots of those. No big deal really.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote