Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-01-2016, 01:03 PM   #1
Jaybird4u

Drives: 2014 SS/RS
How can I achieve this stance?

I like the rake look. Maybe not to this degree as shown in the picture but similar. Any suggestions as to how to achieve that? Also, with this stance does it hinder the ride or the cars ability to handle the twisties?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Color Red Rock, Kooks LT Headers with High FLow cats, Flowmaster American Thunder Axel back, Vmax ported TB, Kenne Bell 2.8 Liquid cooled supercharger, 560 RWHP, Stillen splitter, Vitesse throttle controller, BMR sway bars, BMR 1.2" front springs and 1.0" rear springs, BMR upgraded front end links, 35% tint, Diode Dynamics interior and exterior lighting, Carbon fiber Bowties, Hood spears.
Jaybird4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 02:12 PM   #2
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird4u View Post
I like the rake look. Maybe not to this degree as shown in the picture but similar. Any suggestions as to how to achieve that? Also, with this stance does it hinder the ride or the cars ability to handle the twisties?

Classic big and littles. I have a slight rake that way. Tires in the rear that have a little more sidewall with tires on the front with a little less. That look great.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 02:34 PM   #3
Jaybird4u

This is not my vehicle but it looks great. I currently have the stock 275's on the front. What would you recommend on the back to achieve this look? Also, would 1.4" lowering springs on the front with 1" on the back help?

Color Red Rock, Kooks LT Headers with High FLow cats, Flowmaster American Thunder Axel back, Vmax ported TB, Kenne Bell 2.8 Liquid cooled supercharger, 560 RWHP, Stillen splitter, Vitesse throttle controller, BMR sway bars, BMR 1.2" front springs and 1.0" rear springs, BMR upgraded front end links, 35% tint, Diode Dynamics interior and exterior lighting, Carbon fiber Bowties, Hood spears.
Old 01-01-2016, 02:56 PM   #4
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
This is not my vehicle but it looks great. I currently have the stock 275's on the front. What would you recommend on the back to achieve this look? Also, would 1.4" lowering springs on the front with 1" on the back help?

Im not sure about lowering...but im thinking just a little on the front would create this stance. Maybe an 1.5 drop or a little less with zero drop in the back...im sure there are members her that could give you better info. Try searching for more info. But i do like the beefy rear tire look.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 03:38 PM   #5
Mikamaro
MikeNoMaro

Drives: A 2016 Challenger R/T M6 STP
If you are to mismatch your front and rear tires like that and still want to use the statilitrack and traction control, you cant have a diffrence in circonference above 1''. Front lowering spring could also compensate to get the high rake look.

Track Day Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/mrgoodman2000/videos
Built #83817, Born January 18th, Christened June 11th 2010, Stolen October 3rd 2016.
Mikamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 03:54 PM   #6
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikamaro View Post
If you are to mismatch your front and rear tires like that and still want to use the statilitrack and traction control, you cant have a diffrence in circonference above 1''. Front lowering spring could also compensate to get the high rake look.
Those look to be 18" rims front and rear . Think the owner of that car probably has 1.5" to 2" drop in the front and 0" in the rear .Love the look.
Old 01-01-2016, 04:23 PM   #7
Jaybird4u

Maybe 305 or 315's in the back.

Old 01-01-2016, 06:50 PM   #8
redirish

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS/M6
Looks like weld racing wheels RTS with skinnies in the front 17 or 18 inch in the front and maybe 20" in the back. Awesome look very old school!
redirish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 05:57 PM   #9
naikaidriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I admit that I have always liked this look.

Since the OP also asked about twisties, I can tell you from first hand experience that dramatic differences between front and rear ride height will throw off caster, potentially give unwanted rear toe-in, and even a few degrees of angle can change how the car behaves in the corners. For the most part this will result in much more pronounced understeer especially during braking mid-corner or during an emergency maneuver. How my Torino was lost. :(

Having a much more narrow front tire than the rear will almost always result in more "on-throttle" understeer when coming out of corners. Add both of these together and you have a recipe for disaster in the corners.

If you intend the car to be a stoplight cruiser or run drags, there's nothing wrong at all with this setup and it does look REALLY good. But I would stay away from any roads that could be described as "twisty".

Scott
naikaidriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 06:05 PM   #10
Jaybird4u

Thanks for the info. I decided to keep the stock width of the front tire but go with 315's in the back. I ordered the BMR 1.25" drop Springs for the front and 1" in the back. That will give a slight raked look. Not as much as in the picture but at least a little.

Old 01-04-2016, 06:15 PM   #11
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:

That car is set up for drag racing. That is not the stance or wheel/tire combo you would want for taking corners.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 06:18 PM   #12
paul84043

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Classic "running downhill". Looks badass. Works like crap.

But still.. looks really cool... One of my all time favorite muscle car looks..
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 06:20 PM   #13
Jaybird4u

Thank you both for the reply. I agree, it sure does look good.

Old 01-04-2016, 06:26 PM   #14
NicKey

Drives: Nickey Super Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Motorsports View Post
That car is set up for drag racing. That is not the stance or wheel/tire combo you would want for taking corners.
Agreed. Kool stance looks to be a drag set up for sure, especially with the skinny front runners, which are only good for going in a straight line.
NicKey is offline   Reply With Quote