Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 07-29-2014, 10:13 PM   #18005
OK2DRUL
ace5.org (Atlanta Club)

Drives: 2010 Black/IOM 2SS LS3
Nice truck! My dad is trying to talk me into one instead of a 1500 since I'm selling the Camaro.

OK2DRUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:33 AM   #18006
asher2013

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2ls Ashen Grey Metallic
Anyone wanna help me put together another trip to Bridal Veil Falls? since I wasn't part of the club when ya'll went before and I missed it. :(
Old 07-31-2014, 10:54 AM   #18007
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by asher2013 View Post
Anyone wanna help me put together another trip to Bridal Veil Falls? since I wasn't part of the club when ya'll went before and I missed it. :(
I'm going to try to get my calendar together a little bit and see when I'm able to take a weekend trip. If you come up with a poll and some proposed dates we can find out when people are available.

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:45 PM   #18008
Toyaholic
It's a sickness!

Drives: '69 442 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK2DRUL View Post
Nice truck! My dad is trying to talk me into one instead of a 1500 since I'm selling the Camaro.
Thanks!
It was a hard choice between the two. Really miss the C5.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:24 PM   #18009
Cam1LE

Drives: 2016 2SS
Good friend selling his 2010 Hennessy HPE 650. Beautiful badass black with lots of mods.

Here is the link to ebay motors. He's open to serious offers.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...45a613&vxp=mtr
Old 08-01-2014, 02:13 PM   #18010
mrpyle

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS - Synergy Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam1LE View Post
Good friend selling his 2010 Hennessy HPE 650. Beautiful badass black with lots of mods.

Here is the link to ebay motors. He's open to serious offers.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...45a613&vxp=mtr
Cool ... those pics remind me of a neighborhood in Suwanee. But he's in Canton right?
Old 08-03-2014, 07:19 PM   #18011
Cam1LE

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpyle View Post
Cool ... those pics remind me of a neighborhood in Suwanee. But he's in Canton right?
Pictures were taken in Suwanee but he lives in Canton.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:18 AM   #18012
SlickBrandon

Drives: Twenty 13 1LE Camaro
Some friends and me that rode the city sunday
Attached Images

SlickBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:50 AM   #18013
colemanvoice
team chicklet camaro

Drives: MOTL3Y
I've lost interest in my write up about damage my car received while at Maxie Price, but I will inform something I learned. Anyone that has work done in the engine compartment, be careful of the top of the fenders. People lean on thier elbows there, and with the thin metal, fenders are being dented. I have looked at other Camaro's, and have seen pleanty dented up. If you're like me, you loose your mind...others may not notice or care. I will point this out to anyone working on my car from now on.

As far as Maxie Price, I just had a bad experience with the Service Manager. H made it sound as if I was to blame for the damage. They did pay to fix the fenders, after belittling me. However, would only pay half for the steering wheel that was scraped up. Bad experience, and I will NEVER return. Anyone that treats a customer the way that Manager did does not understand customer service or has too big an ego to care. Too bad, I liked my Service Rep. He was bringing in business, got mine. Leave it to the Manager to run me off.

Okay, I gotta mention this;

When discussing the dents, the manager was informing me that they would have to remove the fenders, fill in the dents and repaint. That, in my opinion, would be moronic. My dent guy fixed the issue, plus a couple other minor dents for $150. Can you imagine the cost involved to have his guys do all that work. And, I know the end result would look worse than it did before. I've sent paint jobs back on more than one occasion as it is, at other shops. Would they have done the job as well as the paint on, say, Joe's car? Hell no! This guy lost touch years ago...the manager never heard of paint less dent repair?

Darn, one more thing to show this guys mentality. He asked me, "do you know how many cars come through here each month?" WTF? Of course I don't. And why would I care, you self centered jerk! I care about ONE car! He shows me that I'm just a number to him? Clueless Moron! Apparently he has enough cars coming through that he cares about no one.

Last edited by colemanvoice; 08-05-2014 at 12:58 PM.
colemanvoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 01:50 PM   #18014
jimbow

Drives: 2012 2LS Camaro - RIP 10/3/2021
I know its a hike, but I've had good luck with Jim Ellis Chevy.
My corvette, wife's corvette, our Tahoe and my Camaro have all been serviced there.
Last time I was there I had them "wash" the car, didn't like the results in a few places. The detail guy came out and cleaned them up to my satisfaction, no extra charge.
jimbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 01:57 PM   #18015
colemanvoice
team chicklet camaro

Drives: MOTL3Y
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbow View Post
My corvette, wife's corvette, our Tahoe and my Camaro have all been serviced there.
Last time I was there I had them "wash" the car, didn't like the results in a few places. The detail guy came out and cleaned them up to my satisfaction, no extra charge.
Thanks. That's actually where I bought my car. I never had issues with service there either. They just "looked" busy all the time. And, Maxie was promoting itself as a "mod-friendly" shop. Like I said, my Service Rep. was great. But once I called them out on a couple issues and had to deal with the manager, that's when things turned around.
Old 08-05-2014, 02:17 PM   #18016
OK2DRUL
ace5.org (Atlanta Club)

Drives: 2010 Black/IOM 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by colemanvoice View Post
Thanks. That's actually where I bought my car. I never had issues with service there either. They just "looked" busy all the time. And, Maxie was promoting itself as a "mod-friendly" shop. Like I said, my Service Rep. was great. But once I called them out on a couple issues and had to deal with the manager, that's when things turned around.
I've also had a great experience with Jim Ellis. Bought our Tahoe from them and they serviced my Camaro several times. They don't shy away from modded cars from my experience either. They were trying to sell me on a motor build last time I was in there. They sold Lamar Walden his Copo Camaro and use his shop for all of their motor builds and tuning.

OK2DRUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:06 PM   #18017
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by colemanvoice View Post
I've lost interest in my write up about damage my car received while at Maxie Price, but I will inform something I learned. Anyone that has work done in the engine compartment, be careful of the top of the fenders. People lean on thier elbows there, and with the thin metal, fenders are being dented. I have looked at other Camaro's, and have seen pleanty dented up. If you're like me, you loose your mind...others may not notice or care. I will point this out to anyone working on my car from now on.

As far as Maxie Price, I just had a bad experience with the Service Manager. H made it sound as if I was to blame for the damage. They did pay to fix the fenders, after belittling me. However, would only pay half for the steering wheel that was scraped up. Bad experience, and I will NEVER return. Anyone that treats a customer the way that Manager did does not understand customer service or has too big an ego to care. Too bad, I liked my Service Rep. He was bringing in business, got mine. Leave it to the Manager to run me off.

Okay, I gotta mention this;

When discussing the dents, the manager was informing me that they would have to remove the fenders, fill in the dents and repaint. That, in my opinion, would be moronic. My dent guy fixed the issue, plus a couple other minor dents for $150. Can you imagine the cost involved to have his guys do all that work. And, I know the end result would look worse than it did before. I've sent paint jobs back on more than one occasion as it is, at other shops. Would they have done the job as well as the paint on, say, Joe's car? Hell no! This guy lost touch years ago...the manager never heard of paint less dent repair?

Darn, one more thing to show this guys mentality. He asked me, "do you know how many cars come through here each month?" WTF? Of course I don't. And why would I care, you self centered jerk! I care about ONE car! He shows me that I'm just a number to him? Clueless Moron! Apparently he has enough cars coming through that he cares about no one.
That stinks..........just happens sometimes........never know til you try.......

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 11:15 AM   #18018
mrpyle

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS - Synergy Green
^^^ I've not had good dealings with Maxie or Hendricks. My next dealership need, I will make a trip to Ellis

Tags
atlanta, club, diane is great., free josh, j.t. is awesome, mti locks not rocks your car, mti rocks, mti rocks your mom's house, yep yep