Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-16-2017, 11:20 AM   #29
Dragonman

Drives: 2015 1LT OBE
Certain words get by the swear filter but not that one.
Old 06-21-2017, 03:23 PM   #30
awdmofo
V6 banger

Drives: 2016 Lexus CT200H
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marklar View Post
Do you even have to ask. **** YES WE DO!!

edit: Aw, we can't curse here? :(
HAHA, yea I'll try and get one this weekend, installing the used CAI I just got with a new filter from summit racing. Wonder if that will change the tone of the car
awdmofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 11:26 PM   #31
kravmaga79

Drives: 2015 2ls
do your research

FYI; Ive had magnaflows twice
once was just a muffler, straight through 3" round which was great for almost eliminating drone on my straight pipe exhaust, i was quite impressed considering i bought it second hand for ten bucks!

second time was a catback system which i was quite disappointed with since it cost 40 times as much, lol
it was advertised as a 3 " catback system designed specifically for my vehicle or so i thought, but looked pretty generic when i got it
each connection in the system necked down to about 2 5/8 plus some flattened spots. what a joke!
i had to pay alot extra to modify that just to keep it 3" all way through

i can see similar flattened parts in magnaflows shown here
just saying
kravmaga79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 02:25 AM   #32
awdmofo
V6 banger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kravmaga79 View Post
do your research

FYI; Ive had magnaflows twice
once was just a muffler, straight through 3" round which was great for almost eliminating drone on my straight pipe exhaust, i was quite impressed considering i bought it second hand for ten bucks!

second time was a catback system which i was quite disappointed with since it cost 40 times as much, lol
it was advertised as a 3 " catback system designed specifically for my vehicle or so i thought, but looked pretty generic when i got it
each connection in the system necked down to about 2 5/8 plus some flattened spots. what a joke!
i had to pay alot extra to modify that just to keep it 3" all way through

i can see similar flattened parts in magnaflows shown here
just saying
Well I got the SLP loudmouth 2.5" mufflers on the car, drone is much lower than before, the exhaust note is great, and when im WOT the car sounds great. No more ricer whine or rasp anymore, this is how I should have done my exhaust from the get go. I'll post up pics shortly. And I can take a video with my old camera so its not a super big file.
Elite E2 catch can, CAI intake, 2.5" SLP Loudmouth II mufflers with no resonators with an X pipe, Kenny Racing ported TB, Jacfab spacer and ported manifold and Accelerated Racing E85 octane dyno tune = 300WHP

Special Thanks to... Jason@JacFab, ChibBlackSheep, Kenny Racing & Accelerated Racing (use to be in) Rancho Cucamonga CA.
Old 09-23-2017, 06:09 PM   #33
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by awdmofo View Post
Well I got the SLP loudmouth 2.5" mufflers on the car, drone is much lower than before, the exhaust note is great, and when im WOT the car sounds great. No more ricer whine or rasp anymore, this is how I should have done my exhaust from the get go. I'll post up pics shortly. And I can take a video with my old camera so its not a super big file.
Alright mofo! Way to go!
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 12:45 AM   #34
Kevgan35

Drives: 2011 RS v6 synergy green Camaro
So I have BBK long tuber headers with high flow cats and bbk x pipe and super 44s, when I'm not hitting the pedal it sounds beautiful but right when I get higher in RPMs it's jus all rasp. How do I tone it down with the rasp?
Kevgan35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 04:08 AM   #35
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevgan35 View Post
So I have BBK long tuber headers with high flow cats and bbk x pipe and super 44s, when I'm not hitting the pedal it sounds beautiful but right when I get higher in RPMs it's jus all rasp. How do I tone it down with the rasp?
Most everyone who added long tube headers, added the Magnaflow resonated X pipe to help control the "rasp".
Attached Images

Old 11-04-2017, 09:55 AM   #36
Kevgan35

Drives: 2011 RS v6 synergy green Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
Most everyone who added long tube headers, added the Magnaflow resonated X pipe to help control the "rasp".
Okay so all I gotta do is get that resonator ? And the mechanic welds it onto my bbk x pipe ? Thx for the help I don't really know about cars
Kevgan35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 09:05 PM   #37
awdmofo
V6 banger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevgan35 View Post
Okay so all I gotta do is get that resonator ? And the mechanic welds it onto my bbk x pipe ? Thx for the help I don't really know about cars
Seems like it. Those flowmaster 44's you got are designed to be the loudest they make. Without changing out those, the X pipe mentioned before will help with the rasp. I dont have headers and highflow cats so just running the SLP mufflers and the bbk type x-pipe like yours mine is mid level rasp. without mufflers it was 100% rasp!
Elite E2 catch can, CAI intake, 2.5" SLP Loudmouth II mufflers with no resonators with an X pipe, Kenny Racing ported TB, Jacfab spacer and ported manifold and Accelerated Racing E85 octane dyno tune = 300WHP

Special Thanks to... Jason@JacFab, ChibBlackSheep, Kenny Racing & Accelerated Racing (use to be in) Rancho Cucamonga CA.