Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 08-21-2009, 12:16 PM   #253
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
I love my SIM! The only slight complaint is that the color relects so much that it looks like the quarter panel and door are different colors. I promise you they aren't but at the right (wrong) angle, they look different. The color is like that, different angles give off different hues.

I have more pics elsewhere so I can't post them now. I think this is a great shot. Really shows the lines and how nice the midnight silver wheels look when clean.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 07:20 PM   #254
abrahmend

Drives: 2 SS
Attached Images

abrahmend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 07:31 PM   #255
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrahmend View Post
What happened? Couldn't decide between black or silver? Wheels and tires look really nice in the last pic. Other then that, not a fan. So far the only application I have seen this way that I like is PINKs with the black lower and HOT PINK upper. Can't wait to see the car in person.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:15 AM   #256
djm96z28

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS LS3
[QUOTE=jrhaus76;826882]I love my SIM! The only slight complaint is that the color relects so much that it looks like the quarter panel and door are different colors. I promise you they aren't but at the right (wrong) angle, they look different. The color is like that, different angles give off different hues.

I've noticed the "appearance" of the quarter panels being a different color shade on most all colors. I know that they aren't. I figured it was the radically different "flared" angle of the quarter panel compared to the flat angle of the door. Kinda looks odd in some photos.
djm96z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:04 PM   #257
EKG

Drives: Right now....a Honda CR-V
Quote:
I LOVE THAT!!! Very hot car.
EKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 07:36 PM   #258
DCJ

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Picked my 2SS RS Polished Aluminum SIM the other day. Some shots from this afternoon Feel a bit guilty for getting this one after having the 2LT RS that my wife is driving, but the more I look at it, the more my guilt is becoming an after thought The SIM just pops day and night!! The Badge pic is just me messing around with it. It is not stuck in place there. I just had placed it there for some pics to see what it looked like. Debating now on wheather I am going to get some Rallys. Can't decide so I will leave her clean for now

The Wife

This actually looks pretty cool...may go with it

Thanks!!

Last edited by DCJ; 08-22-2009 at 11:13 PM.
DCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 07:47 PM   #259
EKG

The red SS on the shifter looks SICK
Old 08-22-2009, 07:57 PM   #260
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
Trunk Monkey LIVES!!!!

patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 08:03 PM   #261
abrahmend

Drives: 2 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
What happened? Couldn't decide between black or silver? Wheels and tires look really nice in the last pic. Other then that, not a fan. So far the only application I have seen this way that I like is PINKs with the black lower and HOT PINK upper. Can't wait to see the car in person.
I guess I could have went with the traditional pick it up from the dealership and post some pics like you, but I was just trying to be original. Good luck with the pink thing though....
abrahmend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 08:12 PM   #262
Cheshirelaugh

Drives: 2010 SIM Camaro
Quote:
Quote:
I guess I could have went with the traditional pick it up from the dealership and post some pics like you, but I was just trying to be original. Good luck with the pink thing though....
Don't listen to him dude. I've got SIM too, and I've been trying to think up a cool unique paint scheme that will work with SIM as the base. No luck yet, I'm not terribly creative or artistic myself. Major props to you for your paint scheme
Built 5/15
Delivered 6/19
Picked-up 6/22
Cheshirelaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 08:59 PM   #263
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
ummm.. the pink one i was refering to is owned by a member on here. It is black on the bottom and pink on the top. Looks kind of cool. Not that I would do it. Well you for sure hit the nail on the head with originality. Doesn't mean I have to like it. Sorry for voicing my opinion. If you are going to go that wild you need to toughen up and take some criticism, your going to get it. What I was relly thinking is this guy just spent a bunch of money to ruin his car. Sorry I am such a conformist and just took delivery and posted pics. How dare I.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:17 PM   #264
EKG

abrahmend, how much did that cost you? I LOVE the look of your car
Old 08-22-2009, 09:23 PM   #265
anthonybyram

Drives: 1972 Z28, torch red,454
Got basically the same car except for grey interior. Love the SIM color too! Gonna leave the rally stripes off mine, just looks so clean without them. Plus it seems like everyones running them, kinda nice to be different! Congrats on the new Camaro!
anthonybyram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 10:42 PM   #266
Cheshirelaugh

Drives: 2010 SIM Camaro
Quote:
ummm.. the pink one i was refering to is owned by a member on here. It is black on the bottom and pink on the top. Looks kind of cool. Not that I would do it. Well you for sure hit the nail on the head with originality. Doesn't mean I have to like it. Sorry for voicing my opinion. If you are going to go that wild you need to toughen up and take some criticism, your going to get it. What I was relly thinking is this guy just spent a bunch of money to ruin his car. Sorry I am such a conformist and just took delivery and posted pics. How dare I.
Your comments after "Wheels and tires..." are all reasonable. What preceded it though came across as looking down your nose at him. I'd have responded the same way he did.
Built 5/15
Delivered 6/19
Picked-up 6/22
Cheshirelaugh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
silver camaro, silver ice metallic, silver ice metallic camaro, sim camaro