Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 09-21-2010, 12:16 PM   #673
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
I'm not sure if Randy has ever explained the whole deal with this car... but, I'd like to give you guys some insight.

This is one of those age old... My favorite car when I was young was a camaro stories... Randy and Bonnie were hunting around for a couple new cars... Bottom line they hadn't decided.... Randy was gonna get a nicer high end BMW or Mercedes... but couldn't make up his mind... Then he saw the camaro... " I believe his exact quote to Bonnie was something like, "you get whatever you want. When they build it, I'm getting a camaro."

Randy was one of the early R6P orders and had to deal with that whole, "they'll never build it, they're going bankrupt" crap from his friends and family. Finally he gets his car and it's slow... Then he fights with the dealer, who is clueless. and is on the border of giving it back... The car he waited years for, and was chosen because it reminded him of his first 2nd gen Camaro... I remember well the first time I spoke with Randy. We were trying to help him get in touch with some GM folks and I was trying to keep him from going nuclear about his car... I will say this. from the minute I heard him speak. I knew I liked him. He is genuinely one of the most honest and friendly people I've ever met.

Fast forward, Randy gets the mod bug, The fuse pull gets the recognition it deserves, He and I become good friends, and then he gets his wheels.... Wow. What an ordeal that was... broken finger... sending the wheels back and forth....

This may be something Randy doesn't want me to tell you all but, We actually called Tom Henry to see if they could trade in PQ's camaro cus he was so disappointed in the whole experience....

Luckily the wheels are sorted out now. and Randy has the sound he's always wanted from his car by way of Borla... And is now squarely focused on saving his pennies for a whipple...

I knew the minute he drove my car when we picked it up at THR that he was done... Sorry Bonnie

Anyway, If I had a say, I would have made PQ's Car the COTW long ago... But that is up to Tran, and I think this is the smallest show of gratitude we can give Randy and Bonnie for being such valuable members in so many ways.

There are a few camaros out there that may be better overall than Randy's... But I can say without question. Randy loves his Camaro...

Congrats brother!

Hopefully, we can continue this car journey for many years to come.

WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:18 PM   #674
bi11ymc
"Silver Street"

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Congratulations Randy!

Bill

CAI Inc., ARH LT Headers with Cats, Borla Touring Cat-Back; Pfadt Coil Overs, Sway Bars, End Links, and Trailing Arms; Comp Cams Blower Cam, Dual Springs, Push-Rods, and Lifters; GM LS2 Lifter Trays, 6.2 MLS Head Gaskets, Crank Bolt, and LS2 Front Cover; 3-Bolt Conversion Timing Gear, Katech C5R Timing Chain, ARP LS2/LS3 Head Bolt Kit, Melling Hi Volume Oil Pump, TVS 2300 Supercharger (Black); Build by Vengeance Racing; Custom Tune by Vengeance Racing
bi11ymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:38 PM   #675
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
I'm not sure if Randy has ever explained the whole deal with this car... but, I'd like to give you guys some insight.

This is one of those age old... My favorite car when I was young was a camaro stories... Randy and Bonnie were hunting around for a couple new cars... Bottom line they hadn't decided.... Randy was gonna get a nicer high end BMW or Mercedes... but couldn't make up his mind... Then he saw the camaro... " I believe his exact quote to Bonnie was something like, "you get whatever you want. When they build it, I'm getting a camaro."

Randy was one of the early R6P orders and had to deal with that whole, "they'll never build it, they're going bankrupt" crap from his friends and family. Finally he gets his car and it's slow... Then he fights with the dealer, who is clueless. and is on the border of giving it back... The car he waited years for, and was chosen because it reminded him of his first 2nd gen Camaro... I remember well the first time I spoke with Randy. We were trying to help him get in touch with some GM folks and I was trying to keep him from going nuclear about his car... I will say this. from the minute I heard him speak. I knew I liked him. He is genuinely one of the most honest and friendly people I've ever met.

Fast forward, Randy gets the mod bug, The fuse pull gets the recognition it deserves, He and I become good friends, and then he gets his wheels.... Wow. What an ordeal that was... broken finger... sending the wheels back and forth....

This may be something Randy doesn't want me to tell you all but, We actually called Tom Henry to see if they could trade in PQ's camaro cus he was so disappointed in the whole experience....

Luckily the wheels are sorted out now. and Randy has the sound he's always wanted from his car by way of Borla... And is now squarely focused on saving his pennies for a whipple...

I knew the minute he drove my car when we picked it up at THR that he was done... Sorry Bonnie

Anyway, If I had a say, I would have made PQ's Car the COTW long ago... But that is up to Tran, and I think this is the smallest show of gratitude we can give Randy and Bonnie for being such valuable members in so many ways.

There are a few camaros out there that may be better overall than Randy's... But I can say without question. Randy loves his Camaro...

Congrats brother!

Well said! Randy has been on a major roller-coaster ride with his car. I'm really glad he stuck with it and got the wheel issues resolved.

Not to step on anyone's toes, but may I also add that I have total respect that Randy does most of his mods himself and shares his DIY info with the rest of the C5 community as well as sharing his great sense of humor. He is a major contributor to the C5 family and keep this a fun forum for me to keep coming back to!

COTW is well deserved! (I like to think of it not only as Camaro of the Week, but also, Camaro Owner of the Week!).

Now where are the new pics with those round wheels???
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:30 PM   #676
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
PQ:
Did you get your wheel back on the car? I'd love to see some recent pics with the "new" shoes!

I keep seeing this picture in my mind's eye. It looks like it needs a visit to the Scooter Store in this shot.

I need a better image!

Recent pics coming. Hard to believe I haven't taken any. Haven't had the car long enough recently at one time to get any. lol

Of the passed 5 months, it's been out of service for about 2.5 months of that time.

Quote:

Congrats brother!

This car will be with me for a long time. I tried to put it all together in the OP of this thread, but it takes so damn long to load. I've been through too much with this car.

It does seem cursed at times. But it still gets the looks it got when it was new. It's precious to me. It's ........ myyyyyyy preeeciiious..........

Quote:
Well said! Randy has been on a major roller-coaster ride with his car. I'm really glad he stuck with it and got the wheel issues resolved.

Not to step on anyone's toes, but may I also add that I have total respect that Randy does most of his mods himself and shares his DIY info with the rest of the C5 community as well as sharing his great sense of humor. He is a major contributor to the C5 family and keep this a fun forum for me to keep coming back to!

COTW is well deserved! (I like to think of it not only as Camaro of the Week, but also, Camaro Owner of the Week!).

Now where are the new pics with those round wheels???
Thanks, that means a lot.

And I'm working on getting some picturesque pictures of the car as is.

I think powder coated orange brake calipers and I'll be cosmetically done.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:06 PM   #677
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post

I think powder coated orange brake calipers and I'll be cosmetically done.

You say that now. Wait until that next cool thing strikes your fancy.

I thought I was done with performance mods when I got the headers...

I have learned that a Camaro is never "done." The car is a journey...

Wow that sounded sappy.

Actually, it is a conspiracy by the after-market vendors to keep their hooks in our wallets...
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:13 PM   #678
Speed 1

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro 365 days a year
Quote:
You say that now. Wait until that next cool thing strikes your fancy.

I thought I was done with performance mods when I got the headers...

I have learned that a Camaro is never "done." The car is a journey...

Wow that sounded sappy.

Actually, it is a conspiracy by the after-market vendors to keep their hooks in our wallets...

Old 09-21-2010, 04:34 PM   #679
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
I call it good marketing with good product in a good base industry.

And a bunch of addicted car freaks like us.......
Old 09-21-2010, 11:01 PM   #680
LeviG

Drives: '95 Acura Integra GSR
I really liked the upper and lower billet grilles. Where did you get them?
LeviG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:08 PM   #681
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeviG View Post
I really liked the upper and lower billet grilles. Where did you get them?
Defenderworx put my car in their booth and installed all of their stuff on my car at the C5F in April.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:27 AM   #682
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:36 PM   #683
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
This car will be with me for a long time. I tried to put it all together in the OP of this thread, but it takes so damn long to load. I've been through too much with this car.

It does seem cursed at times. But it still gets the looks it got when it was new. It's precious to me. It's ........ myyyyyyy preeeciiious..........

Randy, you are an ICON on this thread. You and the car with the southern accent and round (formerly square) wheels and finger parts...

Glad you have hung with your machine sir and am really glad you are ENJOYING it again !!! That is doubly cool.

Congratulations on COTW, you deserve it !

Last edited by speedster; 09-22-2010 at 09:28 PM.
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:38 PM   #684
PQ
Booooosted.

Bruce. Thank you.

Sometimes it does seem like I'm crying with a loaf of bread under each arm. lol

I am so lucky to hava a car like this, and do the thingks to it that make it my own and make it bad ass. I just got back from ATT store and bought two iPhone 4s and a guy and his girlfriend pulled up, and he said "Dude, just say the word and I'll leave her for you"

He complimented me on the car and she got the last laugh. She uped the proposition by saying the same thing but adding "I cn make you happier than he can"......

I love this car. I love this car. I love this car.

COTW is real cool to be able to tell people.

Thank you Tran. I'm totaly jazzed about it.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:07 PM   #685
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
You deserve COTW...
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:41 AM   #686
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Quote:

Congrats brother!

And just think the weekend I kicked his butt and made him do the fuse pull, He was planning to file lemon law suit until the fuse pull the next week.

He should listen to me more.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro of the week, the circle