Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 10-03-2011, 04:35 PM   #183
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
i've had a squeaking coming from under the back end of the truck for the past few weeks... i'm thinking mine might be the u-joint :(
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:40 PM   #184
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
i've had a squeaking coming from under the back end of the truck for the past few weeks... i'm thinking mine might be the u-joint :(
That Sucks.

Dude. We're gonna go to Bayfest next weekend.

Did you call me?

Are you going to Pony Wars?

We can't take the time off for Pony Wars so when we get done Saturday we're headed dwontown.

Bonnie wantsd to come over to P-Cola and show you her Vette.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:48 PM   #185
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRPQ View Post
That Sucks.

Dude. We're gonna go to Bayfest next weekend.

Did you call me?

Are you going to Pony Wars?

We can't take the time off for Pony Wars so when we get done Saturday we're headed dwontown.

Bonnie wantsd to come over to P-Cola and show you her Vette.
yeah, it kinda does, but it ain't too bad right now. the car's been occupying the jackstands for the past couple weeks, so i couldn't do a good analysis before.

Bayfest... sweet! have fun!

nope, headed to TN next weekend

sounds like a fun night

come right on over... mine's just about done now! just some little touchup items are all that's left
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:49 PM   #186
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
I guess I need to check mine, maybe the reason I am getting vibration in my shifter.......
Could be your wheels.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:26 PM   #187
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
yeah, it kinda does, but it ain't too bad right now. the car's been occupying the jackstands for the past couple weeks, so i couldn't do a good analysis before.

Bayfest... sweet! have fun!

nope, headed to TN next weekend

sounds like a fun night

come right on over... mine's just about done now! just some little touchup items are all that's left
We are gonna start taking one Saturday a month off. Tired of never being able to do anything.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:44 PM   #188
eastwoodisme

Drives: 2010 LS3 CGM 2SS Camaro
LOL poor PQ

This reminds me of a friend of mine who wouldn't stop yacking about his mustang. Nothing a Big ol' zip tie around the drive shaft couldnt fix. The slap on the heat shield drove him crazy for weeks until it finally broke off...

PQ, did you cut the tie strap off of your driveshaft?
eastwoodisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:15 AM   #189
lebadduv

Drives: Camaro ZL1 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Mine disappeared too. But I know the damage is there. My driveshaft will be herre this week.

You're only buying time. Might be 500 kilometers, might be 20,000 kilometers.

Heck, might be 100,000 kilometers.

But it's still failing.

Without any real power adders you might be just fine.
yes but I wish I had more power. I also play in the driveshaft and this produces a "clack" when I go into R and D when I reaccelerates.
Is this the same problem?
lebadduv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 03:45 AM   #190
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
What did you end up doing on yours Randy? I had a new drive shaft put in mine yesterday. Even tho I have a cam and tune, it was covered on warranty. My dealer is pretty cool. He said as long as long as PCM info hasn't been sent to GM they don't know about the tune or other mods unless GM asks. Although I've had the PDMI fix and the A/C fix, no info has ever been sent to GM form the PCM. My drive shaft replacement went through just fine. Saved me about a grand. The new shaft is quieter and runs smoother than the original ever did.
Carrier bearing was bad in mine at 39K miles when I first noticed. Replaced at 40K.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:42 AM   #191
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWIweldace View Post
What did you end up doing on yours Randy? I had a new drive shaft put in mine yesterday. Even tho I have a cam and tune, it was covered on warranty. My dealer is pretty cool. He said as long as long as PCM info hasn't been sent to GM they don't know about the tune or other mods unless GM asks. Although I've had the PDMI fix and the A/C fix, no info has ever been sent to GM form the PCM. My drive shaft replacement went through just fine. Saved me about a grand. The new shaft is quieter and runs smoother than the original ever did.
Carrier bearing was bad in mine at 39K miles when I first noticed. Replaced at 40K.
Speedster sent me his stock drive shaft he took off.

I jacked the car up took out the exhaust and swapped the shaft and put it all back together. Took about 3 hours on the ground on jackstands.

Been fine ever since.

What were your symptoms?

Here's the old bearing. Bearing was good but wore off of the shaft.

Old 12-29-2011, 02:02 PM   #192
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Mine had a mild thump that was consistant with vehicle speed, sounded like an old speedo cable. It was also getting where I could feel the vibration from it in the gear shift. Put it on the rack, turned the wheels and found it coming from the carrier. It would have cost $575 for the DS and about $250 for labor if I had paid for it. The Service Mgr looked up my VIN and said there where no warranty blocks on my car. I think the original may have been weak from the beginning, the new one is quieter and has less flex.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:18 PM   #193
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWIweldace View Post
Mine had a mild thump that was consistant with vehicle speed, sounded like an old speedo cable. It was also getting where I could feel the vibration from it in the gear shift. Put it on the rack, turned the wheels and found it coming from the carrier. It would have cost $575 for the DS and about $250 for labor if I had paid for it. The Service Mgr looked up my VIN and said there where no warranty blocks on my car. I think the original may have been weak from the beginning, the new one is quieter and has less flex.
Well glad you got out with no out of pocket. I kinda did too. But my vehicle is definitely flagged.
Old 11-07-2016, 12:24 PM   #194
Airbornesldr12
RunEmIfYouGotEm

Drives: She wears midnight blue ls3 m6
I think i have this issue in my m6
Airbornesldr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 11:33 AM   #195
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbornesldr12 View Post
I think i have this issue in my m6
If so just buy someones take-off shaft and swap it out. Or a one piece would be better but may cost more.