Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-11-2016, 09:17 PM   #71
1bad1/le
Ed

Drives: 2015 camaro 1le 2ss
Sorry to hear about the thefts of your cars. People blaming op is crazy to me.
Anyway, everyone that reads this thread, do yourself a favor, find a schematic of the fuel pump or ignition relay and put a kill switch somewhere where theives can't find it. Total cost would be like $10. But don't forget to use it!!
1bad1/le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 11:27 PM   #72
EARL99208

Drives: ZL1 6sp.
Damn good advice.
EARL99208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 09:06 AM   #73
RyanR3KC
"1/LE Rebel Alliance"

Drives: 18 Black 1SS 1LE “Siouxsie
I always garage my car for 2 reasons:

1-Keep her out of the weather
2-keep an honest man honest...

Also, I'm always surprised to hear insurance ask, "...and one more thing Ryan, do you garage your car?"

scumbags though..."there's only 1 thief in the Marine Corps, everyone is just trying to get their shit back."

I believe next year though...you'll be able to find a Blue ZL1 again. Or **** it man! just upgrade!
RyanR3KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 10:06 AM   #74
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad1/le View Post
Sorry to hear about the thefts of your cars. People blaming op is crazy to me.
Anyway, everyone that reads this thread, do yourself a favor, find a schematic of the fuel pump or ignition relay and put a kill switch somewhere where theives can't find it. Total cost would be like $10. But don't forget to use it!!
Something along these lines are your best bet. A more personal and random system. The Ravelco works but as more are installed they will find a way around it. The same wires are interrupted to prevent the car from operating. In reality it has been bypassed in as little a 10 minutes.
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 07:11 PM   #75
Alfieboy
Madman

Drives: 2017 1SS
as a owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soybeanrice View Post
Sorry for your loss man. When you say support vehicle, does that mean theyre towing your car away?

In all honestly, I think tow trucks/companies and anybody with a tow truck means nothing good. The business has no morals or regulations

you know as a zl1 owner and a tow company owner.. your remark is quite disgusting.
Alfieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 01:14 PM   #76
flipstyledsm22
Let's go fishing!

Drives: a car with 8 cylinders
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfjghji View Post
Sorry for your loss man. When you say support vehicle, does that mean theyre towing your car away?

He already covered that question on the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmoden View Post
Support Car was the car that dropped off the two guys and seemed to hang out in "support"

flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 05:43 PM   #77
Hatman

Drives: Several Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfieboy View Post
you know as a zl1 owner and a tow company owner.. your remark is quite disgusting.
x2
Hatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 06:33 PM   #78
Scuzz

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
This is why I have a tilt warning that send a warning start to my keys. And a starter kill that disables the ignition and fuel pump if not disabled from the alarm fob.
Scuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 09:42 PM   #79
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
So... have you called Lojack and chewed them out!?

Get a full refund for every penny you've paid them, jeez that's terrible OP :(
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 03:59 PM   #80
Addoni

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzz View Post
This is why I have a tilt warning that send a warning start to my keys. And a starter kill that disables the ignition and fuel pump if not disabled from the alarm fob.
What alarm system?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Addoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 08:26 AM   #81
harmonyp

Drives: 2015 ZL1 Silver Ice Metallic Manual
Really sorry OP - I feel your pain. I had my 2015 ZL1 stolen out of my Bay Area workplace in a visible spot close to the building at 2pm on a weekday. A place where thousands of other cars were parked with constant parking lot activity.

Anyone commenting on the OP as having ANY blame is ridiculous. There are no garages at my work, and I'm sure as heck not going to stop commuting in my ZL1 - that's what I bought it for.

As for California - having been brought up in a state across the country that I hated, California is an amazing state, and I can't imagine living anywhere else. This state has a culture you will not find anywhere else in the US, weather to-die for, and unfortunately also has a lowly group of scumbag Camaro thieves right smack in the middle of the Bay Area. I have NO idea why they haven't been caught with bait cars - there have been SO many thefts it's ridiculous, and to me - that's on law enforcement.

Unfortunately as I'm sure you know from your first, odds of finding a recoverable car are negligible. Mine was found 3 weeks later in Stockton, body and wheels/tires only - everything else - engine, trans, interior - stripped. Was really surprised to find that the new set of tires I had just put on were still on the car.

I'd be interested to know if there have been any Gen6's recorded stolen. Hoping GM has addressed this problem in the Gen6.

Last edited by harmonyp; 06-18-2016 at 09:33 AM.
harmonyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 09:03 AM   #82
SS Blinder

Drives: 2011 SS (Sparrow Spearer???)
OP-its a damn shame what happened. One should be able to buy the finer things in life and not have to go to extreme lengths to prevent crime from happening but alas the world is full of criminals that prey on people. Hell some of them criminals (allegedly) are those hired to protect and serve. http://abc7news.com/news/santa-clara...-shop/1263513/

It is hard enough to keep your car from being stolen, and yet to have to deal with the fact that some of them are who you call to report the crime. It is an absolute embarrassment to the law enforcement community that actually uphold their oaths. Hell this guy is on PAID leave while he is investigated Sorry about the and I hope you find your ZL1.
Old 07-24-2016, 09:02 PM   #83
Zslash28
Jumanji

Drives: '14 Z/28 - AGM - No A/C
OP, any chance you car has been found yet?
I track wrecked Z/28s Total lost -41
Zslash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 07:10 PM   #84
scottyguy401

Drives: United States
I came up to the bay area yesterday, Fremont to be exact, and someone tried to steal my 2014 zl1 last night in the hotel parking lot. They cut little squares in the front bumper behind the fog lights. According to the police, this is how they try to hot wire the car. They did a number on my door handle/lock to get access to the inside of the car. My car won't start, or even try to engage the starter. My display say "Service Stabilitrack". Seems that thieves here in the bay area know what they're doing when it comes to camaro's. My room window is a mere 80 feet from where I parked, so this person knew exactly how to disable the horn in order to break in undetected. Careful out there guys, especially people in the bay area.
Attached Images

scottyguy401 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kidnapped, missing, sad, stolen, zl1