Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-09-2012, 05:17 PM   #1
InvaderMoose

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM
Deleted

Deleted

Engine/Appearance: 530 RWHP
Whipple supercharger, Full JBA Exhaust, Ported TB, Cold Air Inductions & ADM Scoop /Complete new paint, 20" Forgestar F14s, Sinister hood, SLP Spoiler, AAC Halos, P13W Fogs

Last edited by InvaderMoose; 03-06-2014 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Deleted
InvaderMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:24 PM   #2
49ersXXIX
Take me back to 1994

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS SUMMIT WHITE
That car is so effin sick! Why did you sell it?
Old 10-09-2012, 05:34 PM   #3
InvaderMoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersXXIX View Post
That car is so effin sick! Why did you sell it?
I had it for two years, eventually the EXTREMELY loud exhaust (ask sc2150 on the forum. it was loud.) started giving me toothaches and headaches from hearing it so often. For the first year and a half I loved the exhaust, but I got used to it since the car was my daily driver, so all i started seeing in it were negatives. Starting it up on my way to work at 6 am is the equivalent to someone waking you up by screaming in your ear.

The car was supercharged and made about 600 horsepower which was awesome till stuff started breaking and I ran into a million problems. Eventually I was repairing something every 2 or 3 weeks. It took 2 months just to solve one problem that turned out to be a MAP sensor, but I almost replace the entire ECU because NO ONE could pin it down, so I just guessed.

Another big thing was how paranoid I was. When you spend 2 years completely customizing the car, and I mean COMPLETELY. Like, I repainted the entire thing, new spoiler, new front bumper, new hood, custom wheels that took 6 months to make, and all this stuff. I got really paranoid of leaving it anywhere or even driving it. I knew if anyone hit me or i got in a wreck, i'd be paying TONS to fix it and get it exactly how it was.

I couldn't drive it in the rain because of traction, and I could have fixed this by buying suspension components, but I was already spending so much to maintain it (dont forget the 8mpg cause of how rich i had it running), I didnt want to put even more into it.

If this was a weekend car or a track car, I would still have it, but I just couldn't live with it anymore. I had to get something else. I wound up with a 2008 BMW M3 and a 2012 Maserati Granturismo. If I'm completely honest, I wish I kept it. I miss the car. I shouldn't have sold something I put so much work into. Should've bought the M3 and kept the Camaro as a weekender, but hey sh*t happens. Next year I'll probably pick up a '67 Camaro and make that my new project. I miss having an american car.

Whipple supercharger, Full JBA Exhaust, Ported TB, Cold Air Inductions & ADM Scoop /Complete new paint, 20" Forgestar F14s, Sinister hood, SLP Spoiler, AAC Halos, P13W Fogs
Old 10-09-2012, 06:13 PM   #4
Wes10222

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvaderMoose View Post
I had it for two years, eventually the EXTREMELY loud exhaust (ask sc2150 on the forum. it was loud.) started giving me toothaches and headaches from hearing it so often. For the first year and a half I loved the exhaust, but I got used to it since the car was my daily driver, so all i started seeing in it were negatives. Starting it up on my way to work at 6 am is the equivalent to someone waking you up by screaming in your ear.

The car was supercharged and made about 600 horsepower which was awesome till stuff started breaking and I ran into a million problems. Eventually I was repairing something every 2 or 3 weeks. It took 2 months just to solve one problem that turned out to be a MAP sensor, but I almost replace the entire ECU because NO ONE could pin it down, so I just guessed.

Another big thing was how paranoid I was. When you spend 2 years completely customizing the car, and I mean COMPLETELY. Like, I repainted the entire thing, new spoiler, new front bumper, new hood, custom wheels that took 6 months to make, and all this stuff. I got really paranoid of leaving it anywhere or even driving it. I knew if anyone hit me or i got in a wreck, i'd be paying TONS to fix it and get it exactly how it was.

I couldn't drive it in the rain because of traction, and I could have fixed this by buying suspension components, but I was already spending so much to maintain it (dont forget the 8mpg cause of how rich i had it running), I didnt want to put even more into it.

If this was a weekend car or a track car, I would still have it, but I just couldn't live with it anymore. I had to get something else. I wound up with a 2008 BMW M3 and a 2012 Maserati Granturismo. If I'm completely honest, I wish I kept it. I miss the car. I shouldn't have sold something I put so much work into. Should've bought the M3 and kept the Camaro as a weekender, but hey sh*t happens. Next year I'll probably pick up a '67 Camaro and make that my new project. I miss having an american car.
I completely understand, how much did you sell it for if you don't mind me asking and where is a good point to stop mods before it becomes too hectic for a daily driver?

Wes10222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:17 PM   #5
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
Sweet ride....er, old ride lol
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:24 PM   #6
tazz3

Drives: 2012 camaro
you should have put back the stock exhaust back on it lol.that is an awesome car
tazz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:33 PM   #7
InvaderMoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes10222 View Post
I completely understand, how much did you sell it for if you don't mind me asking and where is a good point to stop mods before it becomes too hectic for a daily driver?
The place I traded it to sold it for 30k. I would have probably just not supercharged it. A cam would've been good.

Old 10-09-2012, 07:24 PM   #8
Chris-10

Drives: 2ss/rs vr 6m
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvaderMoose View Post

I hope that wasn't your " sale pitch" when you were unloading it. Lol
Old 10-09-2012, 09:31 PM   #9
InvaderMoose

Nahhhhh