Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 03-12-2011, 09:06 PM   #1205
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgebunny View Post
Dah......

Youre such a brat.

Just wanted to say hi.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:10 PM   #1206
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post

Just wanted to say hi.
Lol. You get your headers on yet? I can't believe that you have a whipple but youre just not getting headers. Seems out of order.
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:15 PM   #1207
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Quote:
Lol. You get your headers on yet? I can't believe that you have a whipple but youre just not getting headers. Seems out of order.
I was hoping to drop my car off today, but the shop owner didn't return my call.

Well I have shorty headers due to Cali's smog laws, but decided that I have a little over 4 more years until I have to worry about it so I decided to swap my shorties for the LTs. I'm hoping to find someone to smog my car for me on the side when the time comes. If not, I'll just have my shorties put back on.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:18 PM   #1208
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
I was hoping to drop my car off today, but the shop owner didn't return my call.

Well I have shorty headers due to Cali's smog laws, but decided that I have a little over 4 more years until I have to worry about it so I decided to swap my shorties for the LTs. I'm hoping to find someone to smog my car for me on the side when the time comes. If not, I'll just have my shorties put back on.
Lame...

Oh thats right. Brain malfunction. That is still just crazy to me. I'm sure you'll come across someone to help you out. Usually your shop will know someone if you get in good enough with them to ask. I wish I could make up my mind on headers... Its a much harder decision for us V6ers. lol.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:29 PM   #1209
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Quote:
Lame...

Oh thats right. Brain malfunction. That is still just crazy to me. I'm sure you'll come across someone to help you out. Usually your shop will know someone if you get in good enough with them to ask. I wish I could make up my mind on headers... Its a much harder decision for us V6ers. lol.
Yeah I wasn't very pleased considering I could have went to a meet today, but was hoping he'd gt my message and give me a call this morning to set up an appointment. I'd spoken with him twice so he was aware that I would be contacting him soon about dropping my car off. Mindz told me that the owner has issues with returning calls sometimes.

Gotta just make up your mind and go with it. Just do what I did, do your research and find some people that have the headers installed that you're considering, see what they sound like and ask what they think about them. I was going with Kooks until I saw that Apex had a special on the SW. Being that they were my second choice in the first place I went with them since I could save a couple hundred bucks.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:30 PM   #1210
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Lame...

You haven't lived in Cali have you... I used to have to totally de-tune my car to get it to pass smog.

Hang on to those shorties.. just in case..
Old 03-12-2011, 09:31 PM   #1211
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
You haven't lived in Cali have you... I used to have to totally de-tune my car to get it to pass smog.

Believe me, I plan on it.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:33 PM   #1212
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Luckily on my 70 Firebird I was able to keep AZ plates... That thing would have never passed and it was just inside the boundries where I had to get it smogged at the time..
Old 03-12-2011, 09:38 PM   #1213
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:

Nope. Only lived in LA and TX. Southern belle. And that is retarded.

Quote:
Good idea. I keep most of my parts.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:38 PM   #1214
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Quote:
Luckily on my 70 Firebird I was able to keep AZ plates... That thing would have never passed and it was just inside the boundries where I had to get it smogged at the time..
Didn't realize you used to live in Cali. I wanted to go with Fastlane's turbo setup, but couldn't due to them not being smog legal. Don't get me wrong, I love my Whipple and I'm happy with it, but their turbo kit is bad ass.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:41 PM   #1215
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Didn't realize you used to live in Cali. I wanted to go with Fastlane's turbo setup, but couldn't due to them not being smog legal. Don't get me wrong, I love my Whipple and I'm happy with it, but their turbo kit is bad ass.
Yes it is and they worked me over pretty hard to go that direction. I was stationed at Edwards AFB working B-2s back in the early 90's. Loved it out there...
Old 03-12-2011, 09:43 PM   #1216
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Quote:
Yes it is and they worked me over pretty hard to go that direction. I was stationed at Edwards AFB working B-2s back in the early 90's. Loved it out there...
Other than their goofy smog laws and a few other things I love it here too. Been here for 6 years now and I love the weather here compared to where I used to live.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:45 PM   #1217
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Quote:
I think you made the right choice.
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:47 PM   #1218
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
I think you made the right choice.
Yes he did... we've had this discussion recently... LOL.. In fact is tough to get those Turbos to pass in Texas too...

Tags
bunny, v6 camaro