Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 03-12-2011, 10:24 PM   #1233
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgebunny View Post
So he's just going to hope it blows, in that case. Bwahaha.
Not really...I don't actually WANT to buy an LSX at this point.
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:26 PM   #1234
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:

But i am going to try to make bigger payments on my car so i can at least say i'm trying to pay it off. lol.
I can't pay any more per month than I already am, but I do need to take some of my bonus money this fall and put it towards my car rather than more mods. Something I should have already done.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:28 PM   #1235
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
Not really...I don't actually WANT to buy an LSX at this point.
No one wants to fork out that kinda money... lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
I can't pay any more per month than I already am, but I do need to take some of my bonus money this fall and put it towards my car rather than more mods. Something I should have already done.
I could double my payments if I wanted but I'm like thatssss modding money. I really dont have TOO much more I want to do, so do i do them fast then pay as much as possible or do them slowly and pay more towards the car starting now? iDK. Decisions decisions.... lol.
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:32 PM   #1236
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Quote:
No one wants to fork out that kinda money... lol.

I could double my payments if I wanted but I'm like thatssss modding money. I really dont have TOO much more I want to do, so do i do them fast then pay as much as possible or do them slowly and pay more towards the car starting now? iDK. Decisions decisions.... lol.
I'm sure my payments are slightly more than yours though.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:33 PM   #1237
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
I'm sure my payments are slightly more than yours though.
Yeah mine are tiny. Oh the joys of a V6...
Old 03-12-2011, 10:38 PM   #1238
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Quote:
Yeah mine are tiny. Oh the joys of a V6...
But I have a wide selection of mods. The joys and burdens of a V8.

Old 03-12-2011, 10:46 PM   #1239
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
But I have a wide selection of mods. The joys and burdens of a V8.

Ouch that was deep. +200 shin kicks...

Vendors are really ticking me off in that aspect. Im having to hold my headers and torque converter waiting on a decent tune... I just want to go postal on the next person that says there isnt that much of a v6 market.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:46 PM   #1240
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Quote:
It would be cool just like a 416 or 419 stroker with forged internals would be cool, but we both know it's not necessary. This is one time I would have to agree with my fiance'. She's like the angel on my left shoulder while I'm the devil on my other shoulder.

I flipped through my magazines today and couldn't find the exact article I told you about, but did find one that mentioned that anything more than 600RWHP you're risking your pistons and may want to consider forged internals. Once you reach 650 they said it's a must. The article also said that around 700RWHP you need to consider an aftermarket fuel system. They said our auto tranny has held up to a lot of punishment and should be safe. LMR's car was at 1,000RWHP on the stock tranny.
That's why I struggle reading articles. It's just like reading forums. So many different opinions and it's hard sometimes to figure out who to believe.

I'm only running 606RWHP, and there's no way I could even get to 650 before needing a dual fuel pump. The good thing for me is that with NOS I won't have to worry about fuel, cause I'll be feeding it race gas. There's always a risk to the motor with power, but I'd like to read about someone that actually blew it up based on just power. I haven't searched all around (don't want to jinx myself), but the ones I've heard of ran lean because of a crappy tune (AKA Kyle).

The funny thing is that the transmission is the one thing that did fail on my car. The 6L80 is only rated at 459HP (not RWHP), so I doubt the LMR car could make that kind of power for long. I talked to a GM Tech that said he's seen bone stock cars come in with the same thing that did my transmission in. When mine blew up Owen was cool enough to let me borrow his while he built mine up. His didn't have very many miles on it (he switched over to a 4L80), but it was already having the same kind of problems mine was. I just took it real easy until he finished mine.

Risk is always going to be there...even with shorties!
Old 03-12-2011, 10:55 PM   #1241
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Quote:
Ouch that was deep. +200 shin kicks...

Vendors are really ticking me off in that aspect. Im having to hold my headers and torque converter waiting on a decent tune... I just want to go postal on the next person that says there isnt that much of a v6 market.
Couldn't resist. I do feel bad for you V6 peeps and lack of mods.

Quote:
That's why I struggle reading articles. It's just like reading forums. So many different opinions and it's hard sometimes to figure out who to believe.

I'm only running 606RWHP, and there's no way I could even get to 650 before needing a dual fuel pump. The good thing for me is that with NOS I won't have to worry about fuel, cause I'll be feeding it race gas. There's always a risk to the motor with power, but I'd like to read about someone that actually blew it up based on just power. I haven't searched all around (don't want to jinx myself), but the ones I've heard of ran lean because of a crappy tune (AKA Kyle).

The funny thing is that the transmission is the one thing that did fail on my car. The 6L80 is only rated at 459HP (not RWHP), so I doubt the LMR car could make that kind of power for long. I talked to a GM Tech that said he's seen bone stock cars come in with the same thing that did my transmission in. When mine blew up Owen was cool enough to let me borrow his while he built mine up. His didn't have very many miles on it (he switched over to a 4L80), but it was already having the same kind of problems mine was. I just took it real easy until he finished mine.

Risk is always going to be there...even with shorties!
I agree with you. It's enough to give you a headache reading through everyone's opinions on the matter. As you know I'm at 600RWHP and may see a 25RWHP increase with the LTs so I should still be ok.

I had thought about beefing up my tranny, but I spoke to a shop in OH that has a 5th Gen with around 800RWHP and the owner said he's put it to the test to see if it would fail and it's held up.

I seriously think I'm done for a while because it's not as if I can use all of my power to it's full potential on the street and I don't plan to race it frequently. My car has more than enough power for my application and I just need to be happy with what I have.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:01 PM   #1242
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Quote:

I agree with you. It's enough to give you a headache reading through everyone's opinions on the matter. As you know I'm at 600RWHP and may see a 25RWHP increase with the LTs so I should still be ok.

I had thought about beefing up my tranny, but I spoke to a shop in OH that has a 5th Gen with around 800RWHP and the owner said he's put it to the test to see if it would fail and it's held up.

I seriously think I'm done for a while because it's not as if I can use all of my power to it's full potential on the street and I don't plan to race it frequently. My car has more than enough power for my application and I just need to be happy with what I have.
Cool...yea...like I said it's always a risk. My transmission didn't hold up, but my car is also a daily driver (that I drive pretty hard). Some of these guys with weekend racers may get more time out of them. I wouldn't have done the transmission upgrade if mine wasn't blown, and the same will go for the motor. I'm taking a risk, and if I lose I'll have to bite the bullet and go LSX. At that point the car is almost bullet proof.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:08 PM   #1243
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Quote:
Cool...yea...like I said it's always a risk. My transmission didn't hold up, but my car is also a daily driver (that I drive pretty hard). Some of these guys with weekend racers may get more time out of them. I wouldn't have done the transmission upgrade if mine wasn't blown, and the same will go for the motor. I'm taking a risk, and if I lose I'll have to bite the bullet and go LSX. At that point the car is almost bullet proof.
I'm with you on that. I was going to do axles until I read that us auto guys don't have to worry about snapping axles like the M6 crowd. It happens, but nowhere near as frequently. I'm holding off on axles, rebuilt tranny, etc until I have to do it. Mine use to be my DD, but now I carpool into work with my manager, and my car only sees action on the weekends now. That's a good thing considering I put 21k miles on it the first 10 months. Now after 19 months I only have 26k. I've only put 5k on since June.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:29 AM   #1244
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
Of.course you couldnt brat lol. Its BS.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:14 PM   #1245
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Woo hoo... Looks like we may be getting another tuner option V6ers...

Here.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:34 PM   #1246
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Woo hoo... Looks like we may be getting another tuner option V6ers...

Here.
if you're coming to tampa, you better stop by!
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bunny, v6 camaro