Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-12-2013, 10:29 AM   #15
ZekeZeke14
so nice, you say it twice

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT CGM/Matte Black
Thanks everybody. You all have some pretty great set ups. But I have a question, I really like the sound of the ARK N-11s, but kind of want to hear the sound of the muffler delete for myself in person before I make the $1200 purchase. Could I possibly get the delete first, then install the axle-backs later, just so I can hear how it sounds? Would anyone suggest that?
Old 09-12-2013, 10:31 AM   #16
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Yes you can definitely do that. If you want to hear the delete, I'd advise to just do the delete first and if you don't like it, get n2

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:37 PM   #17
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeZeke14 View Post
Thanks everybody. You all have some pretty great set ups. But I have a question, I really like the sound of the ARK N-11s, but kind of want to hear the sound of the muffler delete for myself in person before I make the $1200 purchase. Could I possibly get the delete first, then install the axle-backs later, just so I can hear how it sounds? Would anyone suggest that?
I'd suggest against a simple muffler delete. The delete may sound just fine at cold start up, idle, and cruising along at low rpms...but once you get on it its going to make you look silly. Thats my opinion.

You need something to balance that out. At the very least replace the stock H pipe with a Magnaflow resonated "X" dual in/out muffler (LOTS of us here are running them and love them). Part number 11386. Helps to eliminate the rasp, and helps with drone, and lowers the tone slightly.

If you want to have a slightly lower beefier sound, replace the rest of the pipe behind the magnaflow muffler with 2.5" pipe.

So far you are still way under your budget. If you really want to make that growl, purchase a set of OBX long tube headers ($350) and get a tune. That would be mean as hell.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:45 PM   #18
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
I posted in your other thread, but I will post my response in here too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monchy36
So far the best around is BBK long tubes, magnaflow X pipe and MRT v2 exhaust...
I agree with this 100% If you go too far off from this combo you will have a raspy and awful sounding exhaust. You can make the V6 sound good and aggressive, but you have to go about it the right way. Feel free to call, PM or email me with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:12 PM   #19
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I'd suggest against a simple muffler delete. The delete may sound just fine at cold start up, idle, and cruising along at low rpms...but once you get on it its going to make you look silly. Thats my opinion.

You need something to balance that out. At the very least replace the stock H pipe with a Magnaflow resonated "X" dual in/out muffler (LOTS of us here are running them and love them). Part number 11386. Helps to eliminate the rasp, and helps with drone, and lowers the tone slightly.

If you want to have a slightly lower beefier sound, replace the rest of the pipe behind the magnaflow muffler with 2.5" pipe.

So far you are still way under your budget. If you really want to make that growl, purchase a set of OBX long tube headers ($350) and get a tune. That would be mean as hell.

As KMP points out GREAT sounding set-up

And as the post above says, LLT Headers Magnaflow X pipe and MRT 2.0's (best sounding set-up IMHO, but then again I am a little bias).

So far the best around is BBK long tubes, magnaflow X pipe and MRT v2 exhaust...
Old 09-12-2013, 11:05 PM   #20
Warmachine.

Drives: Black
[QUOTE=rtcat600man;6997201]As KMP points out GREAT sounding set-up

And as the post above says, LLT Headers Magnaflow X pipe and MRT 2.0's (best sounding set-up IMHO, but then again I am a little bias).

you can achieve the same sound by just installing the long tubes, and you can cut major weight, my best friend did it and I see it a lot from our friends too , if your keeping the car , I don't think its good to just run the long tubes , but then again I think he is thinking of our dragsters longtubes .

when I mean just long tubes , I mean everything behind it deleted
Warmachine. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:10 PM   #21
Warmachine.

Drives: Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
If you want loud, you don't even have to spend half your budget. Just chop the mufflers off. That'll be loud. If you want loudest you can get, remove the cats, remove the resonators, and remove the mufflers and that'd be the loudest the car can get. Long tube headers with no cats will probably make it louder but will require a tune so I wouldn't do that route unless u want the power. But just so you know, if you do all that, the car is going to be amazingly loud but it's also going to rasp like none other.
^ what he said seen from experience, he just forgot to mention he insulating tape they wrap around the headers lol
Warmachine. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:38 AM   #22
717Stunna

Drives: 2010 Slp Camaro ZL327
if you want loud get a honda with a pepboys fart can me i have bbk longtube headers and full magnaflow catback exhaust sounds great
717Stunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:03 PM   #23
RJTV6A

Drives: 69 Camaro I6 no prob,11 V6 big prob
First off what's age have to do with it? I may be 50 but I still enjoy a loud street car.

My first exhaust swap was a simple bolt in LS3 cat back unit. While full throttle will infuriate the rasp gods. You can get them very reasonable and they are super easy to swap. I got mine FREE that's why I did this as a first easy swap.

Check the swap/sell exhaust section.

Also noticed fuel economy went from 23.4 up to 24.2 with the exhaust swap

2011 V6 Auto
RJTV6A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:18 PM   #24
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Yea, the ls3 cat back will make it sound a little deeper and throatier

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:13 PM   #25
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by 717Stunna View Post
if you want loud get a honda with a pepboys fart can me i have bbk longtube headers and full magnaflow catback exhaust sounds great
I'd love to hear your setup.
Old 09-14-2013, 07:35 PM   #26
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 717Stunna View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I'd love to hear your setup.

Create a video and send it in so Keith can add it to the exhaust thread.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:54 PM   #27
Mantis RS
Cool Kid on Campus

Drives: 2011 SGM 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben3350 View Post
Agree with many of the posters, you will get LOUD from those options. Although you will also get tons of rasp as well. Doing a muffler delete or just cutting pipes may be loud, but it could also sound crappy loud. Not that anyone's here sounds bad, but the possibility of it sounding not how you like it increases.

For the v6, the best exhaust is the ARK N-II catback. It's a stainless steel exhaust and its LOUD but also sounds amazing. It's incredibly aggressive and very little to no rasp.

I have it installed in my 2LT and its just beautiful. It's already loud enough to wake the neighbors but if you want to take it to an insane level, add some BBK headers to it. The N-II is not cheap because its stainless steel and you get what you pay for, but it is still well within your budget even if you get headers with it as well.
I also have ARK N-II and love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeZeke14 View Post
Check with ARK and see if they will be running any deals soon. They are pretty quick and courteous in there responses. (I myself got lucky and got it when they were first starting out just after they finished up a few of their test fit cars, and snagged it cheap for a 304 SS system.)
Old 09-23-2013, 06:04 PM   #28
Taw0193

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT RS
Exhaust details are in the video discription