Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 10-14-2010, 09:19 AM   #15
BigRigMike

Drives: 2010 Ford Fusion
I am blocked from most gaming sites at work but it looks like the rumor now is that PD was 3 days late getting the game to production. I would assume that this means the game is ready to go and will be running down the production line soon.

I am really hoping for Nov 9 because I am starting a new job mid Nov and will have to live with my in-laws during the transition. I think I need this game to keep my sanity during that time.

Below is a quote from someone on Amazon:

"It has been delayed due to production problems. Polyphony was polishing some final aspects of the game and was 3 days late in turning over the game to production facilities. So that has completely screwed up production schedule, so now we are just waiting for the game to get a production spot in the Blu-Ray plant."
BigRigMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:06 PM   #16
rikelme90

Drives: 2010 black 1lt rs camaro
Send a message via AIM to rikelme90
the brightside of this delay is that i will have more time to buy a racing wheel.
i also had an idea to buy a camaro seat and have the racing wheel, pedal, and shift connect it to it. that would be the coolest thing ever!
Old 10-14-2010, 12:12 PM   #17
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikelme90 View Post
the brightside of this delay is that i will have more time to buy a racing wheel.
i also had an idea to buy a camaro seat and have the racing wheel, pedal, and shift connect it to it. that would be the coolest thing ever!
Make it look like this!!

Name:  img1.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  85.2 KB

Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:37 PM   #18
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Looks like I may just buy NFS to tide me over.....
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:24 PM   #19
Edge.128

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
I have no interest in GT5. they can just keep it for all I care. I liked Forza. good stuff there and they put out more than one game every million years.....

Edge.128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 05:06 PM   #20
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
Looks like I may just buy NFS to tide me over.....
I thought about that, but I couldn't stand the last two, and didn't even get very far into Shift. I should just trade those turds (IMVHO) in... Aren't they getting back into more running from the Law and stuff in this one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge.128 View Post
I have no interest in GT5. they can just keep it for all I care. I liked Forza. good stuff there and they put out more than one game every million years.....
I feel like Turn10 really nickle-and-dimes us on that game though. For all the $$$ I've spent on the one or two cars from each Car Pack, I should feel like I got a better value or something. I don't like the Drag Mode in that game, either - it's half-a$$ed, IMO. I don't think GT5 is coming with one, though, so that's sucks for me. I like MANY aspects of FM3, though. I have like a dozen tunes for my seven SSs, lol. I even have two versions of my Z28, LOL.

Ugh - I'm awful...

Some more info', but nothing helpful yet...:

GTPlanet Post 1

A GameReactor associate in Tokyo, Gregor Wildermann, has reportedly made contact with Polyphony Digital and Kazunori Yamauchi for further clarification on Gran Turismo 5’s production status:

[Kazunori Yamauchi's] reply was that the game was only three days late from their side, and that Sony has to decide what that means for the release.

This aligns with the other information I’ve received about review copies and release windows, and further suggests that GT5’s ultimate new release date will be determined by Blu-Ray production schedules – not software development.

GTPlanet Post 2

More information is slowly filtering out about GT5’s delay, and it fits in neatly with everything else we’ve learned about the game’s production in the past 24 hours. Here’s what was recently posted by Maximus – a respected moderator at the Blu-Ray.com forums with reported connections to Sony:

Like I said it is manufacturing issues. I had it confirmed today.

The problem arose when SCE mandated SDK 350 on all games releasing after after October, GT5 was about to go gold running on SDK 341, but it has been delayed by around a week so that they can update to SDK 350. This has caused a big headache for the manufacturing side, given how big this game is missing the gold date by even a week can cause a months worth of delay as slots are already taken up at this time of year for Blu-ray movies and such. So Sony had to find a 3 week slot big enough to make 7m+ copies of this and get them shipped out.

If you want to blame anyone, I would direct it at the pirates and hackers, SCE never had any real SDK restrictions before firmware 3.41 was compromised.

After getting attention from news outlets such as Eurogamer and TheSixthAxis, evidence of the post has since been removed, but it offers a very reasonable explanation about why Polyphony Digital missed their production window by only 3 days. Sure enough, the new PS3 3.50 firmware is considerably more secure than 3.41 and preventing distribution of a 3.41-compatible GT5 will ensure that it can’t be pirated (for now).

Thanks to all of you who sent this in so quickly!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 05:36 PM   #21
Edge.128

I try to stay away from the DLC. but it seems like some of those cars should have been in the main game.... so ya in a way I agree they are just out for money for the cars they know we want. and the drag racing was pretty lame.

one thing I don't like about these games is the AI seems too easy on the low and medium but they is way too hard on the hard setting. seems like there is no middle ground so if your not hardcore into tuning your cars for the hard setting you will loose every time. I dont' like that.

oh well overall I'm pretty much done with racing games until something extra special comes along....

Old 10-14-2010, 05:37 PM   #22
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge.128 View Post
I try to stay away from the DLC. but it seems like some of those cars should have been in the main game.... so ya in a way I agree they are just out for money for the cars they know we want. and the drag racing was pretty lame.

one thing I don't like about these games is the AI seems too easy on the low and medium but they is way too hard on the hard setting. seems like there is no middle ground so if your not hardcore into tuning your cars for the hard setting you will loose every time. I dont' like that.

oh well overall I'm pretty much done with racing games until something extra special comes along....
on the difficulty settings! I always leave them on hard, but SHEESH!!! They make me earn any wins, LOL!

I'm hoping GT5 will have that special...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 10-14-2010, 06:07 PM   #23
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I thought about that, but I couldn't stand the last two, and didn't even get very far into Shift. I should just trade those turds (IMVHO) in... Aren't they getting back into more running from the Law and stuff in this one?
I got Shift and got fairly far in the game but ultimately found it too frustrating to play. The physics was just a bit off, and the AI of the other drivers was out to murder you all the time. There is only so much getting bashed into you can take. That and the fact that to get certain achievements in the game you had to bash the crap out of people. Online play was a bit laggy as well.

The new game is similar to the classic NFS titles with you running form the cops, or playing as the cops.

Old 10-14-2010, 06:16 PM   #24
Edge.128

Quote:
I got Shift and got fairly far in the game but ultimately found it too frustrating to play. The physics was just a bit off, and the AI of the other drivers was out to murder you all the time. There is only so much getting bashed into you can take. That and the fact that to get certain achievements in the game you had to bash the crap out of people. Online play was a bit laggy as well.

The new game is similar to the classic NFS titles with you running form the cops, or playing as the cops.
i always liked playing as the cops, especially with the spike belts but there really wasn't much point to it all. just the fun of it I guess....

ya I hate when the AI is just out to take you off the track no matter what. Forza is like that at times your on your line and they want it so they just smash you into a wall or something. not very realistic....

Old 10-14-2010, 06:29 PM   #25
Tactical Z
Banned

Drives: Nissan Titan
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit for Xbox 360 anyone?
Tactical Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 12:09 PM   #26
SS 376

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS (Former)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post

Jokes aside, at some point you lose credibility asking for a million extensions. Polyphony Digital can keep yakking about "we want it to be perfect," but look, there's always going to be some little thing or some new car out there that you could add, but with that mentality, the game will never come out. You would think there would be ONE person at PD that could say "the game is good enough to go out the door."
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:30 AM   #27
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:

Now that you mention those points, I remember them, too. Yes - very frustrating...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 10-18-2010, 12:24 PM   #28
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Now that you mention those points, I remember them, too. Yes - very frustrating...
I hurt my hand punching my steering wheel after being spun out on the last lap of a tough race. I try to tell myself its just a game but after playing the race 30 times and getting punted every time I was that close to finishing and I couldn't. I think thats when I finally gave up on the game.

Its too bad, theres a lot of stuff to do and plenty of cars, but the vehicular violence aspect takes it from Sim to crap.