Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 05-20-2011, 01:59 PM   #1
ipimpthisc
Banned

Drives: @twinturbo, cammed, intrcooled@
Send a message via AIM to ipimpthisc
sound advice requested

Hi brothers I have a 2010 ss m6 ..now i have the lsr swaya...excellet..i am gettin about abot 550 rwhp soon... what are thest 2 or 3 best suspension uogrades i.e. bushing, other structural addons and the like "besides shocks or springs" that i can get. Keep in mind i want to keep my stock height, springs and shocks..and the best comfort with the best performance and safety possible...thank you for ur sound advice
ipimpthisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 02:22 PM   #2
2quick

Drives: none
With that much power your next step should be some bushings. Then trailing arms and toe links. If there is anything i can find for you let me know. BTW we are having a special on the toe links an trailing arms right now. I can also get you a good price on the bushings. Email me an we can discuss further.
2quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 02:24 PM   #3
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
I'm learning all this suspension stuff now too, but everything I've read and researched, next should be bushings.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:28 PM   #4
ipimpthisc
Banned

yes i agree...bushing are the best..i need to know specifically which ones..i dont wanna go crazy...money is a concern...but i want to get a great ride with control...and i need to feel comfy...the camaro is already hard in nyc streets.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:34 PM   #5
Jaysin

Drives: 2015 Chevrolet SS
Subframe bushing and differential bushings for the rear, and radius rod bushings for the front.
Jaysin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 02:36 PM   #6
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Well, Pfadt has a complete replacement, but I was looking at BMR because they have an insert that goes around the OEM bushing. Firms it up enough to keep the rear planted. I haven't researched LSR or Pedders.
Old 05-21-2011, 02:19 AM   #7
ipimpthisc
Banned

well thanx fellaz...so far i hear Jaysin said...thats the kinda specifics I need ..then i have to check pricing and quality..I believe that all these companies make good products..i want the best bang for the buck so any 1 willing to shoot me an email about that can...and thanks again family
Old 05-21-2011, 05:31 AM   #8
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2quick View Post
With that much power your next step should be some bushings. Then trailing arms and toe links.
This. With the kind of power you are talking about you will need some sturdy components. My recommendation would be Pfadt solid sub frame mounts (inserts will not be enough for that much power and with bushings you will still feel movement), diff bushings (Pfadt's new bushings are doing a good job of limiting movement without transferring gear noise), and their new rear arm package (trailing arms and toe rods). That set up with substantially improve launch control, traction, and wheel hop and you will drop some weight.

If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 06:47 PM   #9
Jaysin

Drives: 2015 Chevrolet SS
Chase, what's new with Pfadt's differential bushings?
Jaysin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 07:50 AM   #10
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysin View Post
Chase, what's new with Pfadt's differential bushings?
Pfadt used to offer separate "race" and "street" bushings. Because so many people were experiencing increased gear noise with the "race" bushings, which is also common among all stiffer aftermarket diff bushings, Pfadt went back to the drawing board and put together a "hybrid" bushing set. The new "hybrid" set utilizes a hard rear bushing to resist torsional forces and slightly softer side bushings (still much stiffer than stock, but softer than the rear bushing) that do a better job of isolating the gear noise than full hard all around.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:43 PM   #11
ipimpthisc
Banned

i think imma take ur advice Chase...Pfadt is doing great things..i have their strut tower brace...need that installed...just trying to get all the parts and get it all done together...but i have to say the prices are a bit steep on their end...and today money is tite ...maybe u can throw a good word in for me !!!
Old 05-22-2011, 07:07 PM   #12
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipimpthisc View Post
i think imma take ur advice Chase...Pfadt is doing great things..i have their strut tower brace...need that installed...just trying to get all the parts and get it all done together...but i have to say the prices are a bit steep on their end...and today money is tite ...maybe u can throw a good word in for me !!!
Well, at APEX we ship all Pfadt and BMR items for free in the lower 48 so that will help keep some of that jingle jangle in your pocket.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:39 AM   #13
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipimpthisc View Post
You could sell that Wankel machine to get some extra $$. Suspension parts are cheaper than Apex seals and you typically only have to replace suspension parts once.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:52 AM   #14
2quick

Drives: none
ipimpthisc ill call you today at that number to provided.
Thanks!
2quick is offline   Reply With Quote