Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida

Old 02-18-2013, 06:29 AM   #1
AirManFL
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Orlando Area - Touchless Tire Mounting

Does anyone know of a tire shop that uses a touchless mounting machine?

I have new wheels and tires coming (not pre-mounted) and need to find a place that will transfer the tpms and mount the tires without scratching the new wheels.

Thanks,
Rob
AirManFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:31 AM   #2
Mr. Notorious

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Summit White :)
I took my black falkens to Orlando Tire and Wheel on OBT just south of the 528 overpass. They did a very good job and road force balanced all four. I did walk out spending a little over $200 just fyi. I was even surprised when the wheel weights were getting put on that one of the guys opened the box and spray painted a bunch black before the process even got started.

The reason I went there is they get all the run-off work from WheelPros in Orlando, so they're used to handling brand new expensive wheels. Just let them know you are not in a rush and would rather them take their time to get a clean job.
Mr. Notorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:32 AM   #3
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Notorious View Post
I took my black falkens to Orlando Tire and Wheel on OBT just south of the 528 overpass. They did a very good job and road force balanced all four. I did walk out spending a little over $200 just fyi. I was even surprised when the wheel weights were getting put on that one of the guys opened the box and spray painted a bunch black before the process even got started.

The reason I went there is they get all the run-off work from WheelPros in Orlando, so they're used to handling brand new expensive wheels. Just let them know you are not in a rush and would rather them take their time to get a clean job.
I have heard good things about this place, this is where I plan to go as well when I get new rims.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:40 AM   #4
AirManFL
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Notorious View Post

Did you take both wheels and tires to them and they just mounted and balanced?

Rob
Old 02-19-2013, 06:15 PM   #5
Mr. Notorious

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Summit White :)
I already wore through a set of Nitto's, so they did a clean job of removing said nittos' and installing new ones. I'm a very particular individual, and I could not find any marks or anything on the wheels.
Mr. Notorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:20 PM   #6
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Starling in St Cloud has a great machine no touch on the lip of the rim
Old 02-21-2013, 03:46 PM   #7
AirManFL
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

I spoke to Orlando Tire today and I'm planning on taking it there.

The have a touchless machine and also do road force balancing.

Hopefully, I'll be able to get it done before the rally. I'll post back my impressions.

Rob
Old 04-22-2013, 09:50 AM   #8
adamgamz

Drives: Viper 2006 Coupe
I would stay away from these guys, they rashed the hell out of my $1500.00 HRE wheel that only had 3000 miles on it. The wheels were perfect. Then they denied doing it and pointed to a sign that says they're not responsible. I used them after coming to this site.

In the end they had Turbax fix the wheel but now one lip is squared off and one is rounded and is also 20% thinner. They refuse to have HRE fix it.

Yes they denied doing this!!

The "touchless yellow pad" was worn out and you can see by looking at the grooves on the metal surface that many many other wheels were done with metal on metal contact. This is the part that hooks the tire when dismounting.

adamgamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:55 AM   #9
AirManFL
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamgamz View Post
I would stay away from these guys, they rashed the hell out of my $1500.00 HRE wheel that only had 3000 miles on it. The wheels were perfect. Then they denied doing it and pointed to a sign that says they're not responsible. I used them after coming to this site.

In the end they had Turbax fix the wheel but now one lip is squared off and one is rounded and is also 20% thinner. They refuse to have HRE fix it.

Yes they denied doing this!!
That was Orlando Tire on OBT?

Rob